PDA

View Full Version : Just got a flat on way home from sf

JCSMOKE
04-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you to fencepost and barbed wire for stopping to help. Back on road now but I need a new tire

CyncySpyder
04-29-2012, 11:08 AM
:( Mighta started out bad with a flat tire, but you also got to see the Great Side of your fellow Spyder Ryders:firstplace:

Grandpa Spyder
04-29-2012, 12:00 PM
You didn't say rather front or back, but if it was front I would buy non directional tires to replace them. So you would be able to rotate them without any problem. Just a thought.

Blue Star
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Thank you to fencepost and barbed wire for stopping to help. Back on road now but I need a new tire

Thank you for this post. While I am sorry for your flat, but it reminded me to put in some ride-on before my long trip in August.

jvicker
04-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike. This was just not your week.:banghead:

wyliec
04-29-2012, 05:13 PM
You didn't say rather front or back, but if it was front I would buy non directional tires to replace them. So you would be able to rotate them without any problem. Just a thought.

Actually, one of our top dogs here (and I mean that with the utmost respect) mentioned just recently why they are uni-directional. If I remember what he said correctly, it's not a good idea to go with non-directional. I think it had something to do with the (uni-directional) tread pattern and reducing the possibility of hydroplaning.

packbuckbrew
04-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Mike, if weren't for bad luck, you would have no luck at all! Hope your home safe.

Fonz
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
What did you do to fix your flat, and how do you apply ride on, if thats the proper terminology. Would average dealers carry it ?

JCSMOKE
04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
8 hours of ryding today, tank to empty most of the way also raining half the time. I now know that i need better rain gear, the bike holds the road nicely in the rain and gerbing clothing is great. As for the tire, I used a tire plug kit to fix the hole and I carry a small air pump by slime that saved my ass today. I should have gotten the the ear plugs from the big ears guy, I now understand the reason for them.

JCSMOKE
04-29-2012, 07:05 PM
What did you do to fix your flat, and how do you apply ride on, if thats the proper terminology. Would average dealers carry it ?
we missed you at spyderfest, I had to answer all the floorboard questions myself. Met Joe from VTC had a great time