PDA

View Full Version : Help for flashing Brake light on RT

cearley
04-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Just thought I would ask if there is a previous post for this. I have a set of Electro Pod flashing brake lights that attach to the license plate. I thought the easy way to hook up would be from the tail light wires, but even though I removed the 4 screws from the top and 2 screws from each side of the saddle bags the rear trunk cover is reluctant to come off. Are there any other steps I am missing to remove the cover? Has anyone posted a video showing the steps? Thanks for any help with this.
Clarke

SpydherLuv
04-29-2012, 10:33 AM
You may have to push in on the parts near the passenger handles to get them loose. Here is a video of taking the panels off of an RT, but not sure it shows how to take the rear panel off.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?29642-RT-panels-off-and-on-video

CapNCrunch
04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Just thought I would ask if there is a previous post for this. I have a set of Electro Pod flashing brake lights that attach to the license plate. I thought the easy way to hook up would be from the tail light wires, but even though I removed the 4 screws from the top and 2 screws from each side of the saddle bags the rear trunk cover is reluctant to come off. Are there any other steps I am missing to remove the cover? Has anyone posted a video showing the steps? Thanks for any help with this.
Clarke

If you access (GOOGLE) the "Street Magic Genesis LED RT HMT brake light" website, and click on "Installation Guide", you will find step by step instructions for the removal of the "outer trunk lid cover". The :spyder2: RT Service Manual shows how the lid, itself, is attached.
Just a note of CAUTION ....... connect the after-market bake light wiring to the Spyder's BRAKE LIGHT, NOT the tail light. You can follow the wiring instructions in the above mentioned INSTALLATION GUIDE.
Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK.
B V : =)

cearley
04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I found the link for the tail light mod and it did help me under stand what was needed. It was the soft rubber on the passenger hand rails that was holding the rear panel in place. As you mentioned some gentle twisting and I was able to work the sides free. I now have my flashing brake light in place. I tapped the black wire form the right side brake light for power and used the antenna ground strap to complete the loop. Everything is back in place and works. Thanks for the replies.