PDA

View Full Version : Dimple Magnetic Plug Bad O Ring

REDSPY
04-28-2012, 10:33 AM
During my 3000 Mile service yesterday the Dimple Magnetic Plug that I had installed at the 600 Mile service in the Oil Reservoir was bad. See Photo. It looked like it did not stand up to the heat as it was actually melted to the plug. With no spare O ring, and I did not have with me the original plug, I had to buy a new factory plug. Luckily the dealer had one in stock or I would have been stuck 100 miles from home. The engine plug O ring was fine and resued this plug.

I now have to question the Dimple Magnetic Plug as a good replacement for the Factory Plug.

Anyone else have any issues with the Dimple Magnetic Plug?

RedSpy

Jeriatric
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Take the extra plug you have to NAPA. They should be able to fit a properly sized heat resistant "O ring" to meet your needs. Heck, buy a few.

REDSPY
04-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Update:

Received a email response in less tha an hour after sending an email concerning the O Rings from Ricahard at Dimple. He informed me that shortly after I purchased my Plugs they had switched to OEM style washers and offered to replace both plugs for the Spyder.

If anyone else has these plugs with the O rings, you may want to contact Dimple.

During my 3000 Mile service yesterday the Dimple Magnetic Plug that I had installed at the 600 Mile service in the Oil Reservoir was bad. See Photo. It looked like it did not stand up to the heat as it was actually melted to the plug. With no spare O ring, and I did not have with me the original plug, I had to buy a new factory plug. Luckily the dealer had one in stock or I would have been stuck 100 miles from home. The engine plug O ring was fine and resued this plug.

I now have to question the Dimple Magnetic Plug as a good replacement for the Factory Plug.

Anyone else have any issues with the Dimple Magnetic Plug?

RedSpy

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
In a pinch IMHO you could have used a thin piece of cardboard.....Mike........Do Not Use for 5000 miles....just in an emergency

clueless
05-01-2012, 12:26 AM
which was the brand that was sold last year at Spyderfest? I purchased the engine plug only (and got from pep boys one non-mag for the oil tank).