PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Owner Soon!

DiverChix
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM
They are opening the crate on my new 2012 RS-S SE5 tomorrow! Thought I was going to buy a used Spyder...hubby had different ideas...now I am going to be the owner of a new Spyder...so stoked!

He has been cartng my butt around for years on his Harley :)

Now it is my turn to take control!

CyncySpyder
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

What ever you do, if you want to keep "Your" Spyder "YOURS," Never Let HIM ryde it :lecturef_smilie: So many others have made that mistake and have either lost control of their :yes:FUN:yes: Machine or became a 2 Spyder Family, lots of them here now :thumbup: Either way, Congrats & Enjoy the Ryde. :2thumbs:Warning, your face will hurt from smile'n so damn much:2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins...:welcome:....Mike.....:agree:....:thumbup :

Slybird
04-28-2012, 12:56 AM
:yes::yes: :congrats: Way to go!!! I know you're going to have a blast!!! I, too, will be picking up my new :spyder2: tomorrow (a 2012 Lava Bronze (root beer) RT Limited). It's my second RT and I can't wait. I know exactly what you mean when you say you're stoked!!! Me, too! Me, too!

DiverChix
04-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow! You are getting a real gem, can't wait to see photos :D

DiverChix
04-30-2012, 11:43 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

What ever you do, if you want to keep "Your" Spyder "YOURS," Never Let HIM ryde it :lecturef_smilie: So many others have made that mistake and have either lost control of their :yes:FUN:yes: Machine or became a 2 Spyder Family, lots of them here now :thumbup: Either way, Congrats & Enjoy the Ryde. :2thumbs:Warning, your face will hurt from smile'n so damn much:2thumbs:

We went to pick up my Spyder on Saturday...the crate didn't show up :( Hopefully I will be riding my green machine on Thursday. I did get to ride an RT - that was a blast! :yes:

I think he enjoys his Harley too much to convert - it is a beauty. I do think he will enjoy the Spyder (when I let him ride it).

ARtraveler
04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde.

DiverChix
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Rode my beauty home last night, and to work this morning - It was AWESOME!!! She handled beautifully in the rain and I cannot wait to ride again tonight!

Mspiv
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow that is sweet looking
have a blast

CJ/johnnyg
05-03-2012, 09:45 PM
:welcome::congrats: Isn't it nice to be in control. Never a better feeling. I never understood what johnnyg ment when he said its not the same as riding in the back. Until I got my own. Now I know! Enjoy your ride and be safe.

fastfraser
05-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice looking ride ! Thinking of any mods for your baby yet .

cyclelover63
05-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Love it!!!

DiverChix
05-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Nice looking ride ! Thinking of any mods for your baby yet .

Thank you! I have decided to ride her for awhile before making any decisions on mods. I did decide on a 14" windshield, that has been it so far. I have ideas on what I would like to add, but I have noticed people tend to buy things, then turn around and sell them quickly, only to turn around and buy what actually works out better for them after doing more research. Any suggestions?

Questions
05-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Very nice and that color im sure goes great with the Bay surroundings congrats

bruisersbaby
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
It's is really pretty. Is there a special name for that color green? We've had the opposite happen here. Bruiser bought the Spyder in 2010, then asked if I would like to learn how to ryde. He has a Vulcan 900, so he can ride that, right? Anyway, I ryde the Spyder more than he does now, and he even bought me an Army flag for the back. He had his Air Force flag, but took it off!

;):trike:

DiverChix
05-04-2012, 10:34 PM
It's is really pretty. Is there a special name for that color green? We've had the opposite happen here. Bruiser bought the Spyder in 2010, then asked if I would like to learn how to ryde. He has a Vulcan 900, so he can ride that, right? Anyway, I ryde the Spyder more than he does now, and he even bought me an Army flag for the back. He had his Air Force flag, but took it off!

;):trike:Thank you! I love this color, and not so easy to find here in Northern CA in the SE5 series. Thanks for serving, I currently have a son serving. I am not familiar with the Vulcans but my hubby has a beautiful Street Glide, so now we both have something we can enjoy together or apart.

bruisersbaby
05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you! I love this color, and not so easy to find here in Northern CA in the SE5 series. Thanks for serving, I currently have a son serving. I am not familiar with the Vulcans but my hubby has a beautiful Street Glide, so now we both have something we can enjoy together or apart.

Please thank your son from us. Ryde safe and enjoy!

:2thumbs:

FaranH
05-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Congrats on your new Spyder! :clap:

The green looks so good - I'll be surprised if you don't get questions about it almost every time you ride. Enjoy! :yes:

flamingobabe
05-09-2012, 07:50 AM
that's SWEET!!!you're going to love it....I too rode behind my husband for 18 years..it feels real good to be in control......I purchased mine, May 24, 2010, 2009 SE-5, used with 1700 miles...today I have 36,000 something wonderful miles.....enjoy...are you going to Spyders in the Redwoods?

DiverChix
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Congrats on your new Spyder! :clap:

The green looks so good - I'll be surprised if you don't get questions about it almost every time you ride. Enjoy! :yes: Yes, people love the color! I have had several people ask me at stop lights about my Spyder, and I have only had it one week. BTW - What CrampBuster do you use, and did it take time to get used to it?

DiverChix
05-09-2012, 10:15 PM
that's SWEET!!!you're going to love it....I too rode behind my husband for 18 years..it feels real good to be in control......I purchased mine, May 24, 2010, 2009 SE-5, used with 1700 miles...today I have 36,000 something wonderful miles.....enjoy...are you going to Spyders in the Redwoods?
Thank you! Unfortunately, no, I will not be able to make that event. It is during the week and I can't see takng that much time off during the week. We have however found a great meetup group and we have several weekend trips planned. One other spyder in the group, but I enjoy riding with whomever will have me :) and they are all safe riders and an overall fun group.