PDA

View Full Version : New RT Owner

redroC
04-27-2012, 07:23 AM
The demo truck was at Wild West Honda yesterday, me and my wife went on our first test drive.
We were the first ones there so they let us ride around the parking lot a few times, then I went on a long drive with just the demo guys.
By the time I got back another group of people were getting ready go, so they let me take my wife as a passenger on the next ride.

We left with a 2012 RT Limited (white).

Traffic was already getting bad at this time so we only put about 50 miles on it before we called it a night.

We have never owned a bike before, but have been looking at Spyders for years.

So you'll see a white RT around the 290/1960 area.

lil rabbit
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
:congrats:Welcome to the Spyder family and enjoy your new RT. There are alot Spyder riders in the Houston area. So just keep looking here for rides and get togethers. Once again congrats and enjoy.

Bruce

Mspiv
04-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Congratulations !,,,Please be careful and by all means try to find an MSF TRIKE safety course. The Spyder is a lot of fine to ryde and as far as motorcycle and trikes go it is extremely safe but things are different on these types of vehicle so do look for a course if at all possible

Enjoy
take care

harddrive
04-27-2012, 09:31 AM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:. We have a conroe spyder riders group if you are interested.

conroe spyders
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Congrats on your new Spyder! Hope to meet you at our next Conroe Chapter meeting.

CyncySpyder
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

redroC
04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Thank you all for the congrats!

I've taken the two wheel MSF class to get my license, and have already found a trike class right by my house.

Next class isn't until June 1st.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

We had a really good experience with Wild West Honda.

Mspiv
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Thank you all for the congrats!

I've taken the two wheel MSF class to get my license, and have already found a trike class right by my house.

Next class isn't until June 1st.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

We had a really good experience with Wild West Honda.

You did it right. Good on ya

I sence a big ole Texas smile on your face

glynnk
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
The demo truck was at Wild West Honda yesterday, me and my wife went on our first test drive.
We were the first ones there so they let us ride around the parking lot a few times, then I went on a long drive with just the demo guys.
By the time I got back another group of people were getting ready go, so they let me take my wife as a passenger on the next ride.

Traffic was already getting bad at this time so we only put about 50 miles on it before we called it a night.

Congrats! Look forward to meeting and riding with y'all. Look here for posts that Houston area riders submit regarding rides and meet-ups. Most folks are up in Cuba, Mo. at Spyderfest, unfortunately, some of the rest of us had to stay home.

Glynn

RAYYOU
04-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Congrats from Cuba, MO. Look forward to meeting you at the next Conroe ride. It's raining right now so we are taking a break.

Capt John
04-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats! :clap::yes::yes::clap:

glynnk
04-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Ray--Did you get the windshield fixed?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

redroC
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Yes my cheeks are sore from smiling all day!

We will have to swing by Crazy Frogs next Wednesday.

The wife is already picking out mods.

ZWolf-2011
04-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Congratulations ! It is a blast to ride and while I miss my Ducati and the Suzuki, I feel much more relaxed with the Spyder. 9 month later, and 9000 miles later with only one long bike trip under my belt, I still love my Spyder as much as I did the first day I got it!

We are in the Cypress area (US-290 & Fry Road) and love to ride, want company to ride with, just let us know.

Allan & Julie

fastfraser
04-28-2012, 05:40 AM
:congrats:on the new fastest color RTS.:thumbup:

Buttsy
04-28-2012, 07:24 AM
:congrats:on the new fastest color RTS.:thumbup:

I'm not sure yours qualifies as white anymore....................you better be careful someone may call 911 if you sit at a traffic light to long?

jimbo277630
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM

me and my wife did samething so glad we did great ride

larrymz3
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jeriatric
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Congrats!:clap:

I'm fixing to take my first test ride. 1500 miles :) Bossier, La. back to California. Perhaps I should have done more than merely sat on one :yikes:.

glynnk
04-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Congratulations ! It is a blast to ride and while I miss my Ducati and the Suzuki, I feel much more relaxed with the Spyder. 9 month later, and 9000 miles later with only one long bike trip under my belt, I still love my Spyder as much as I did the first day I got it!

We are in the Cypress area (US-290 & Fry Road) and love to ride, want company to ride with, just let us know.

Allan & Julie

Y'all intersted in a lunch ride tomorrow (Sunday) to Fayetteville? Got a Tomball Spyder rider going and there me others joining us. Going to meet at 10:00 at the Love's Truck Stop at 290 and FM 2920. I can meet y'all at Bucee's at 290 and Mueschke at 9:45, if y'all are interested. Going to post the ride on the forum. Let me know.

Glynn

redroC
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Sorry Glynn we didn't see the post until late last night.
Sure sounded fun, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet. :)

Give me another week of practice and we will be ready.
I think today I'm going to find a large parking lot and
go over some of the training from the book.

I would really like to meet and follow a few Spyder owners around.
Hope everyone had fun.

GypsyBill
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder2:... if you ever get over to the Hill Country, give us a shout.

redroC
04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
It sounds like fun, I will have to check and make sure we don’t already have plans.

Thanks for the link!

ARtraveler
04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. You have the right idea about doing some practice. They :spyder2: is much different from two-wheels, but once you have the differences figured out, you will really enjoy the ryde. It took me 500-1000 miles before I really felt one with the bike. It is going to vary of course from person to person.

redroC
04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I've now put 250 miles on it and feel pretty good. (Specially compared to when I drove it off the lot)

I still want to take the turns pretty slow, but every mile I put on it, the better I feel.

Once I feel up to it, I think following a group of Spyders around will help as well.
Maybe in a couple of weeks.

We are having so much fun already it's hard to believe it gets even better. :)

wolfe
04-30-2012, 11:15 AM
:2thumbs::yes::ohyea::congrats:

spyderdiva
04-30-2012, 06:46 PM

Make sure you check out our chapter of Spyder Ryders of America Conroe Chapter. We will meet on Sat. May 10, 2012 at 10:30am The location is Margarita and Peppers 2259 N Loop 336 W Conroe, TX 77304

(936) 788-1408

Enjoy and be safe.

glynnk
04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Make sure you check out our chapter of Spyder Ryders of America Conroe Chapter. We will meet on Sat. May 10, 2012 at 10:30am The location is Margarita and Peppers 2259 N Loop 336 W Conroe, TX 77304

(936) 788-1408

Enjoy and be safe.

Ditto, what Diann said. The Houston/Conroe chapter members ride up to the meetings together, so keep tuned here for meet-up times and locations. We generally, meet at Honda of Houston at 290 and West Road.

Glynn

ZWolf-2011
05-06-2012, 04:10 AM

(936) 788-1408

Enjoy and be safe.

I know I keep seeing May the 10th listed here, but I trust we are talking about May 12th Saturday?

Allan

ZWolf-2011
05-06-2012, 04:34 AM
I've now put 250 miles on it and feel pretty good. (Specially compared to when I drove it off the lot)

I still want to take the turns pretty slow, but every mile I put on it, the better I feel.

Once I feel up to it, I think following a group of Spyders around will help as well.
Maybe in a couple of weeks.

We are having so much fun already it's hard to believe it gets even better. :)

Hello RedRoC, I am not sure if that was you at the Vintage Park Car show this weekend or not, I was there, but I was not there with the Spyder this time, but in the H1 Hummer. I saw a few of ya'll come in and missed any of the others that came in. It is always great seeing other Spyders out there.

I had my bike for 9 months now and already got about 9000 miles on it with out being in a group just having too much fun with it. It's funny, in the last 9 months, I just how not seen many of the other other Spyders around, and finally in this last month, I am starting to see the Spyders on the road (must be the weather), and only just got on this Conroe group and still yet to meet every one here. From the Conroe group that I have meet so far, ya'll are great, and from seeing the bikes, wow, the graphic and mod are giving me ideas. Just ordered the hub lights :D and I am sure I will find more items to customize the Spyder as we keep on meeting.

I live right at 290 and Fry road, so feel free to give me a call or email if you want to get out, meet up and ride around. 713-568-7904, this goes out to any one who is out in this area!

Allan

J. Mark
05-06-2012, 05:33 AM
:clap:Welcome aboard! Becoming more comfortable with the Spyder will come quickly...probably within the first 300 to 500 miles for sure.

spyderdiva
05-06-2012, 06:10 AM
:welcome:Welcome to the Spyder world. It is addicting. We hope you join us and many other at our local chapter meeting. See what were about. We love to ride and have fun.

:yes:We are meeting on May 19th at Margarita and Peppers http://margaritaandpeppers.com/ 2259 N Loop 336 West @ 105 West Conroe, Texas.

:bbq:We have a Barbecue on May 12 at Pro Power Sports of Conroe http://www.propowersportsofconroe.com/
13895 Highway 105 West Conroe TX 77304

:chat:If you have any question or need more info give me a cal 936-483-6170

Diann
President/Founder
SRA Conroe Chapter

spyderdiva
05-06-2012, 06:12 AM
I know I keep seeing May the 10th listed here, but I trust we are talking about May 12th Saturday?

Allan

It is May 12th and this is a barbecue put on by Pro Power Sports of Conroe. Chapter meeting is May 19th.

Thanks for catching my booboo.

redroC
05-06-2012, 06:48 AM
We will make it to at least one of the rides to Conroe for sure.
Prolly both.
And we will be up at Crazy Frogs Wednesday night.

I just put blue GlowRyders on my bike yesterday day. They look really good.
(oh, I was told it's not my bike, its OUR bike). :)

ZWolf, Nailz you both have mentioned the wheel lights. They were super easy to install.
We took it for a short ride last night to see what they look like, and we are really happy with them.

ZWolf-2011
05-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Great, I am looking forward to getting mine, I got the orange ones with of what other then a wolf paw print on it.

Joined up the the Fuelly site and that is great, and now I can a the info the log via a SMS message at the station. Getting better mileage now then I was 5000 miles ago and that was highway driving to NC and back getting onl 26.8 MPG. that makes me feel better. Sure miss my 55MPG on my Suzuki Burgman 650.