PDA

View Full Version : Gps audio

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I have a 2012 spyder rt limited with gps. For the life of me I cannot get the gps audio to play when connected to the bike. I have the comm system dealer installed no audio through external speakers and none through the headset. When ps is not on the bike audio is fine from its internal speaker. Any ideas?

Mspiv
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Do you hear radio in the head sets?

Have you turned the volume on the left hadle bar all. The way up?

My proble with the GPS Audio was the volume out of the GPS was way lower than the radio.

harddrive
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Make sure your master volume is at 100% and your audio is set to AUX.

I have a 2012 spyder rt limited with gps. For the life of me I cannot get the gps audio to play when connected to the bike. I have the comm system dealer installed no audio through external speakers and none through the headset. When ps is not on the bike audio is fine from its internal speaker. Any ideas?

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Make sure your master volume is at 100% and your audio is set to AUX.
Radio plays fine through the headset. If I set to Aux will I still hear the radio and if so if I set the master vol at 100 won't the radio be too loud. It is m understanding (could and probably be wrong) that the gps overrides the radio with prompts. How does that work if on Aux. I'm normally pretty good at this stuff but this one is driving me crazy

harddrive
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Yep, you are right. GPS should override radio and AUX. I use my Iphone to listen to XM, so that needs the AUX setting. If I play the MP3 music on my GPS, it plays reguardless of what the radio is set to, through my speakers. The master volume on the GPS should be set at 100%, and then adjust the radio volume using the handle bar controls.

I don't have the BRP headsets or the CB, so I can't comment on it playing in the headset.

Radio plays fine through the headset. If I set to Aux will I still hear the radio and if so if I set the master vol at 100 won't the radio be too loud. It is m understanding (could and probably be wrong) that the gps overrides the radio with prompts. How does that work if on Aux. I'm normally pretty good at this stuff but this one is driving me crazy

harddrive
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
If you get no sound at all through your speakers when the GPS is connected, maybe the dealer did not plug in the 1/8th inch connector down by the saddle bag. :dontknow:

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 03:48 PM
If you get no sound at all through your speakers when the GPS is connected, maybe the dealer did not plug in the 1/8th inch connector down by the saddle bag. :dontknow:
Believe me when I say I'm mechanically challenged. Is this something relatively easy to check

bobbobtar
04-26-2012, 04:25 PM
If you look in the owners manual there is a pull out section that address all the settings for the audio system, press mode and go to the cb screen, the 3rd and 4th bars on the right control the mike sensitivity and volume in the headset, once this is set you can also control volume on the left handle bar.