PDA

View Full Version : Analog gas gauge???

Mspiv
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
They call it a gass gauge. I'd call it an inaccurate piece of :cus:. It can read dead empty and only fill up to 4 gallons. This is driving me nuts cause it is my wife's spyder and and when she sees it around a quarter left we must get gass.

I am not willing to disconnect something I paid for nor am I willing to retrain my wife. Is there a fix for this.

Dizneyman
04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Odometer.... Best gas gauge there is... IMHO

SilverFox1
04-24-2012, 06:56 PM
We have an odometer and two trip meters on this fabulous machine. The odometer you cannot change but the trip meters you can. It takes a little bit of getting used to but,,, everytime I gas up I clear one of the trip meters lets say "A" and I use the same one for that purpose everytime. Don't forget to reset it every fillup though. I leave this one running on my display. Trip meter "B" I will use for the total trip mileage. I feel I only have to check this one when I come back home anyways. Once you know what your range is it's realy not a pain at all. You are absolutely right. I agree that the analog gauge is not very accurate and therefore not dependable at all. Like you said,,, for the price we pay,,, you would think we'd get a better fuel gauge. By the way, does it bounce up and down or is it just inaccurate?

Good Luck
SilverFox :spyder:

ARtraveler
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
There was a warranty repair on 2010's. Not sure if it applies to 2011's, and 2012's. I have learned to live with it and fill up by odometer. Still not happy though. A $30,000 motorcycle should have a gas gauge that works IMHO.

tnhoover
04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I disconnected the gas and temp Gage's and find the digital Gage's to be much more accurate. I replaced the Gage's with ram mounts for my iPhone and GPS. Win, win in my pinion.