PDA

View Full Version : Pulled The Trigger

Jeriatric
04-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Just made a private party purchase on a used (643 miles - just had its first service) Black RTS SE5 first sold June 2011 and it's loaded. BEST+ warranty (for 3 additional years beyond standard warr.), 2 helmets Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet with Additional Jaw , all the Can Am luggage, & travel cover. Kinda cool, cause I can customize to my liking. Did someone say CHROME! All that's left is to make transportation arrangements (the owner will even pick me up at the airport) nice guy he is. It's 1500 miles away. Once there I'll spend a day getting used to it before I hit the road. All freeway miles back to my place.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Been riding two wheelers since before I could reach the pegs but this will be 'VERY' different.

Got that :spyder2: feeling already :ohyea:

Jer

Edit:
Lamonster - I need a set of "Lamonster - RT Highway Brackets". If you see this let me know when you'll be back and able to ship them, and what tools I'll need to take along for instalation. Thanks in advance.

Bob Denman
04-24-2012, 12:52 PM
:congrats::welcome: Now the fun can begin! :ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::2thumbs:

DynamoBT
04-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Keep your grip on the bars relaxed. The Spyder does well with very little input especially at highway speed. Relax, relax, relax is the best advice I can give you. And remember that you steer the Spyder like an ATV or tricycle. Turn the bars in the direction you want to go. And don't be afraid to lean into the turn. Use you entire body in the turns not just your arms.

Congratulations!!!!! Safe ride home!!! Welcome to the best Spyder forum on the internet!!!!!

larrymz3
04-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AJKOK1
04-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Congratulations, sounds like you got a great Spyder there. :congrats:

Grandpa Spyder
04-25-2012, 04:34 AM
Way to go, sounds like you might have gotten a great deal. :congrats:

Saluda
04-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Congrats, once you pass your own "get to know the feel period" you'll be great.

ARtraveler
04-25-2012, 11:35 AM
:congrats: on the new ryde.

Jeriatric
04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks to all of you.

UPDATE: Fly out Monday (30th) and will meet owner on Wednesday to finish the deal. Should hit the road heading home on Thursday. Plan to drop in on a few dealers on my way home. 1500 miles worth :) Maybe, just maybe I'll find a good deal on a trailer.

CyncySpyder
04-25-2012, 10:53 PM
:congrats:&:welcome:

Jeriatric
04-25-2012, 11:21 PM
:congrats:&:welcome:

Thanks cyncy:ohyea:

Jeriatric
04-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Keep your grip on the bars relaxed. The Spyder does well with very little input especially at highway speed. Relax, relax, relax is the best advice I can give you. And remember that you steer the Spyder like an ATV or tricycle. Turn the bars in the direction you want to go. And don't be afraid to lean into the turn. Use you entire body in the turns not just your arms.

Congratulations!!!!! Safe ride home!!! Welcome to the best Spyder forum on the internet!!!!!

Will do! :thumbup:

ornerydog7
04-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Just made a private party purchase on a used (643 miles - just had its first service) Black RTS SE5 first sold June 2011 and it's loaded. BEST+ warranty (for 3 additional years beyond standard warr.), 2 helmets Can-Am ST-1 Hybrid Helmet with Additional Jaw , all the Can Am luggage, & travel cover. Kinda cool, cause I can customize to my liking. Did someone say CHROME! All that's left is to make transportation arrangements (the owner will even pick me up at the airport) nice guy he is. It's 1500 miles away. Once there I'll spend a day getting used to it before I hit the road. All freeway miles back to my place.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Been riding two wheelers since before I could reach the pegs but this will be 'VERY' different.

Got that :spyder2: feeling already :ohyea:

Jer

Edit:
Lamonster - I need a set of "Lamonster - RT Highway Brackets". If you see this let me know when you'll be back and able to ship them, and what tools I'll need to take along for instalation. Thanks in advance.

This may give you an idea of what is involved in the installation and what tools you may need. You may what to give Lamont a call (423-465-8099) and get them sent to you from Spyderfest. Just a thought.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?37497-NBV-Bracket-Install-video

Bytemi
04-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Remember that the turning is different and if it is done wrong, you may feel like the Spyder is trying to throw you off the bike. When turning right, extend your left arm and bend your right arm towards you. Shift your body weight into the bent arm and lean forward and vice versa for left. This is the skill that took me the longest to get use too.

My husband rides a Triumph and he doesn't like riding my Spyder because it is so different from his bike. Just take it easy, have fun and enjoy and experience. :yes:

Jeriatric
04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Remember that the turning is different and if it is done wrong, you may feel like the Spyder is trying to throw you off the bike. When turning right, extend your left arm and bend your right arm towards you. Shift your body weight into the bent arm and lean forward and vice versa for left. This is the skill that took me the longest to get use too.

My husband rides a Triumph and he doesn't like riding my Spyder because it is so different from his bike. Just take it easy, have fun and enjoy and experience. :yes:

Thanks Bytemi. Understand fully what you're saying when you reference steering input. While the motor is your legs, the Trikes (bicycle) I ride require exactly the same kind of steering input and body movement when cornering. The major difference is they are like leaning back in a beach chair, a couple inches off the ground. The Spyder will obviously have a much higher center of gravity, so I'm sure the feel is much different in that respect. If you ever get a chance to ride a bicycle trike you should. They are a BLAST.

Thanks again and your hubby will come around :) Only problem is, once he does, he'll cut into your Spyder riding time.

imp
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Congratulations on your new ride! Look forward to meeting you down the road.