PDA

View Full Version : Spyder groups in Houston ? Or Cypress

ZWolf-2011
04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
I am some what new to this group with a Spyder RT 2011 that I got back in July of last year. Was looking around for a Houston or even a Cypress group, but all I find active is the Conroe Group. Did I miss them, or am I looking in the wrong area out here? I know this weekend I came across two RT's in one day, I was in shock since I do not see too many Spyders on the road out here. I was looking forward to going to the Spyder feast, but bad timing for me, would have been a great ride. Last long ride was to the Barber Bike show and then on to Ashville NC and back on the Blue Ridge Mountain parkway. Well I hope to meet up with some of you all soon on the road or some gathering.

Allan

joet82
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Spyder Ryder of America has chapters in Conroe and Houston. not sure on their status lately. check them out on Facebook they have groups on there.

glynnk
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
I am some what new to this group with a Spyder RT 2011 that I got back in July of last year. Was looking around for a Houston or even a Cypress group, but all I find active is the Conroe Group. Did I miss them, or am I looking in the wrong area out here? I know this weekend I came across two RT's in one day, I was in shock since I do not see too many Spyders on the road out here. I was looking forward to going to the Spyder feast, but bad timing for me, would have been a great ride. Last long ride was to the Barber Bike show and then on to Ashville NC and back on the Blue Ridge Mountain parkway. Well I hope to meet up with some of you all soon on the road or some gathering.

Allan
The Houston chapter isn't active; most of the Cypress/Houston area ryders belong to the Conroe chapter. We've got an informal group of Houston area folks from Katy, Tomball, Pearland, Spring, League City, Stafford, Rosharon and other surrounding communities. In addition, a number of the Cypress area Spyder ryders belong to the Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC) Cypress Creek chapter. It's an all bike riding club with chapters all over the world. The Cypress Creek chapter meets every Wednesday at Crazy Frogs on West Road. Rides for that group are posted on a Delphi board site. The Spyder folks post rides here and on the Conroe chapter section and also on Facebook. Most of the Spyder group is on their way to Cuba for Spyderfest; unfortunately (boohoo), some of us couldn't make the ride for a variety of reasons.

Look forward to meeting you. If you're free, come on out to Crazy Frogs this Wednesday around 6:45-7:00 and we can visit further about the Syder group.

Glynn

conroe spyders
04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the Spyder family. Glynn gave you all the great info about our "Conroe" Chapter. We come from all over...LOL. Unfortunately we couldn't make Sypderfest either but sure are looking forward to the BRP event in Durango, Co. June is not coming soon enough:gaah:

spyderdiva
04-30-2012, 06:57 PM
We are back from Spyderfest. Our next meeting is May 19 at 10:30 am. We will meet at margarita & Peppers 2259 N Loop 336 W Conroe, TX 77304

(936) 788-1408

We look forward to you joining us.

Diann

naillz
05-01-2012, 12:56 PM
We are back from Spyderfest. Our next meeting is May 19 at 10:30 am. We will meet at margarita & Peppers 2259 N Loop 336 W Conroe, TX 77304

(936) 788-1408

We look forward to you joining us.

Diann

Im not a member the chapter but would like to be, if its ok I'll attend the meeting.;)

Tx web rider
05-01-2012, 03:13 PM
more spyder ryders the better always welcome to show up check us out and join if you want to

spyderdiva
05-01-2012, 04:43 PM
want to come to Pro Power Sports in Conroe on May 12th there is a barbecue going on and we will be there.

Our local dealer is sponsoring it.

glynnk
05-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Nice get together at Crazy Frogs last night. Good to meet a new Spyder riding couple---Boyd and Romney. That white RT is a beautiful ride.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

redroC
05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
We had a great time last night!

It's good to finally meet someone from the forums.

ZWolf-2011
05-06-2012, 03:58 AM
I am looking forward to both events and I have put them in my calendar! We had planned on a trip some where on the bike to some where for that week, so I hope we are in the area.

Allan

ZWolf-2011
05-06-2012, 04:46 AM
We had a great time last night!

It's good to finally meet someone from the forums.

Ah, I see you are logging the MPG too, FYI, when I first got the bike, I was really low in the MPG in the first 2 tanks, like aound 11 MPG. Now almost 9000 later, I am getting about 26-28 MPG, I need to get back in to my logs, and add more of my fuel tickets in to my spread sheet to see what I am getting now, but I know it still about the same. I know in the city for me it will be low, cause I am hard on the gas from the stops, I just have too much fun taking off and leaving the cars behind in my dust.

Allan

spyderdiva
05-06-2012, 06:18 AM
:welcome:Welcome to the Spyder world. It is addicting. We hope you join us and many other at our local chapter meeting. See what were about. We love to ride and have fun.

:yes:We are meeting on May 19th at Margarita and Peppers http://margaritaandpeppers.com/ 2259 N Loop 336 West @ 105 West Conroe, Texas.

:bbq:We have a Barbecue on May 12 at Pro Power Sports of Conroe http://www.propowersportsofconroe.com/
13895 Highway 105 West Conroe TX 77304

:chat:If you have any question or need more info give me a cal 936-483-6170

Diann
President/Founder
SRA Conroe Chapter