PDA

View Full Version : Listening to radio

retirednick
04-22-2012, 10:27 PM
I was out an about and came across one of those 20 minute trains that course through the city and rather than leave the bike running I hit the mode button and turned the machine off. Radio stayed on and then maybe 2 minutes into the tunes, the display shows limp home mode. I am stopped so no limping here. Train finished going through so turn key to start bike and display looks 'scratchy', bike starts ok and away we go. Is that limp home message something that is in memory somewhere or like Microsoft, a feature of the listening to the radio?

CyncySpyder
04-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Since there is no way to put the byke in "accessory" mode like you can a car, its the only way to keep power live for running the radio. Not sure why BRP designed it to show "Limp Mode" but as you found, no foul, no harm, and it clears as soon as you restart the :spyder2: Just one of the unique properties of the Spyder:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-23-2012, 07:00 AM
:shocked: Gee... I hadn't found that way to scare myself yet... Thanks for the warning! :thumbup:

webweaver
04-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Wow, thanks for the heads up.

lyonsden
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Mine does the exact same thing. Doesn't seem to be a problem. Everything to go back to normal.:dontknow:

smoky
05-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Since there is no way to put the byke in "accessory" mode like you can a car, its the only way to keep power live for running the radio. Not sure why BRP designed it to show "Limp Mode" but as you found, no foul, no harm, and it clears as soon as you restart the :spyder2: Just one of the unique properties of the Spyder:thumbup:

Just for the record, is there a way to listen to radio after stopping? thanks.

Rando
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes. After you shut the bike off, press and hold the mode button few a few seconds. To turn The radio off, turn the emergency flasher button on then off.

scooterexpress
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
yea i learned that off trick at spyderfest..always play the radio while washing the bike and at reststops and hotels when sitting outside.i usally start the engine after about an hr of play just to keep the battery fresh.

ARtraveler
05-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I learned something new again :thumbup:

Rando
05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Supposedly the computer will shut the radio off when it determines the battery is beginning to run down. Anyone want to test it and report back?

Huntindawg1962
05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
could you just kill the engine with the kill switch yet leave the key in the on position without harming anything?

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
could you just kill the engine with the kill switch yet leave the key in the on position without harming anything?

I would think that doing that would leave the lights on.