PDA

View Full Version : Utopia backrest question...

GLRange
04-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Utopia backrest will work with the optional "comfort seat"? I saw one installed in person on the standard seat so I have a good idea how it mounts, just dont know if underlying seat shell is the same since it will be mounted approximately two inches further back,thanks

Mspiv
04-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Utopia has a backrest that works with the comfort seat. See there web site.
Or is your question will the pillion rider be comfortable with a backrest so close?

GLRange
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Utopia has a backrest that works with the comfort seat. See there web site.
Or is your question will the pillion rider be comfortable with a backrest so close?
My question was just if the regular utopia backrest works with the comfort seat. I see they now make a specific one with a different bracket for the comfort seat, so that answers my question, was not really thinking about passenger loss of room but thanks for mentioning it, I did'nt consider that so maybe I will just go with a Corbin seat and their backrest option, hopefully it will move me back a little bit, leg room is ok now but I just feel like I am sitting on top of the handlebars. Thanks for your reply.:doorag:

Bob Denman
04-21-2012, 02:19 PM
I believe that Scotty once mentioned that the seat bases are different... :dontknow:

spacetrucker
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
yes it works with comp seat, you need to tell that you have that seat and will send the part just for that seat only 3500 miles on that seat so far love it it/:yes:

recordingguy
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I have the first comfort seat with Utopia backrest installed from Utopia. I love it!!!!! My wife rode with me with the back rest in and with it removed.She did not complain. If you buy one opt for the removeable backrest. The picture of the seat at utopia is my seat. Bob