PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights!

SteveMac
04-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Don't forget! In addition to all the entertainment, movie, popcorn, hot dogs, etc. The big show will be the Spyder show.

For sure we will have best paint, best lights and overall best in show.

I talked to Len tonight and he says the trophies are GINORMOUS!!

See you all there. We are heading to Cuba tomorrow!

As Len would say, "Game On!"

:yes::yes::yes: !!!!!!!!

3tracs
04-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Looking forward to seeing the light show!

pitbull
04-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Remember the bike show registration is at the drive inn, and starts setting up late afternoon, and yes the trophies are way cool:firstplace:. The bike show will be cool, but the late night light off contest will be off the hook! :shocked:

rogerb
04-21-2012, 06:18 AM
I'm not into bike shows but I told Pete I would take some pictures for him. He may get a few ideas from them. Hey any excuse is ok' :thumbup:

joet82
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
I will be looking to compete, probably won't win since I don't have much of a fan base, nor any special accent lights, but I shall take the chance to have fun.

scooterexpress
04-21-2012, 07:43 AM
count me in i don't have any lights but that pete guy sure new what he was doing when he created my wrap

fastfraser
04-21-2012, 08:54 PM
44234What Pete guy ? WWW.powersportswraps.com (http://www.powersportswraps.com) What wrap .

Phil
04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Darth and Darth Trailer- IN!
Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Phil
04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Ummmmm..... there was a little preview tonight at the BBQ. I have to say that there are some SPECTACULAR lighting jobs here at Spyderfest. WOW!!!! I was like a kid looking at the Christmas window of a toy store!!

While I'm here.... MO Gang, and Len and lots of other volunteers.... AWESOME job putting together the BBQ!! Loads of fun. I saw a bushel of bushed faces. Be assured we greatly appreciated your hard hard work.

joet82
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Ummmmm..... there was a little preview tonight at the BBQ. I have to say that there are some SPECTACULAR lighting jobs here at Spyderfest. WOW!!!! I was like a kid looking at the Christmas window of a toy store!!

While I'm here.... MO Gang, and Len and lots of other volunteers.... AWESOME job putting together the BBQ!! Loads of fun. I saw a bushel of bushed faces. Be assured we greatly appreciated your hard hard work.

yup, seeing that, I decided to back out of the light show. haha unless there's a running lights category. definitly won't stand up to the accent lights I saw tonight.

SteveMac
04-25-2012, 11:53 PM

Thanks brother. That means more than you know. We struggled a little, but SpyderLovers are wonderful folks and forgave our early troubles. Hopefully everyone got enough to eat and enjoyed the night. I got to reacquaint with old friends and made new ones.

And SO GLAD I finally got to meet Phil and Miss Bobbie!!

Special thanks to viperred and Yol Bolsun. I really appreciate you both!!

joet82
04-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Curious, with Fridays forcast of Thunderstorms (30-50% chance all day, depending on the hour) is there going to be a backup location? or are we just gonna grin and bear it?

G-Man
04-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Bring your rain gear and lightning rods!! :doorag:

fastfraser
04-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Bring your rain gear and lightning rods!! :doorag:

Right on Bro . If you haven't got soaking wet on your Spyder, Then you are not a die hard Spyder ryder .:thumbup: :roflblack: :roflblack:

fastfraser
04-26-2012, 06:34 AM
I was going to use the lightning as a back-drop for my light show ! Forgot my blasted remote for my lights .:gaah::gaah::gaah:

joet82
04-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Right on Bro . If you haven't got soaking wet on your Spyder, Then you are not a die hard Spyder ryder .:thumbup: :roflblack: :roflblack:

:agree: but I also know a lot of people don't like riding in the rain...I'm not one of those though. just watching out for others.

Bob Denman
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_6_8.gif :shocked:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_8v.gif Here's to hoping that the rain doesn't catch up to you guys! :cheers: :thumbup:

SteveMac
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Told you all that Friday night lights would be "Off the hook!"

SteveMac
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Early in the evening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThRdlSPTYf0

CyncySpyder
04-27-2012, 10:58 PM
:pray::yes:We wanna see the light show :yes::pray: please please please:bowdown:

SteveMac
04-27-2012, 10:59 PM
And the movie played on! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GhJKSiT0s

SteveMac
04-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Hey Dave,
How about these lights?? ;)

And it's only part of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgrJgE_z0bA

Joanie
04-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Guess Kev & I need to get our video of our part of Friday night lights posted!!

Now I am sure that fireworks go with Spyders. Lot of work on us (well, ok on Kev.......but I had to put up with him during the process...:banghead:) but watching the sky over Cuba light up...... It was worth it!!!!

Congrats to Phil with Darth for winning the Friday Night Lights Light Competition!!!

Think I will have to ask Lamont to come up with a little smiling face fireworks dude!!!!

Spyderfest is wonderful!!!!

Phil
04-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I know there are several of you that couldn't make it this year. Dave (CincySpyder) you're one of those guys. MANY people were asking about you.... where you were... AND hoping you are doing better. You absolutely did the right thing my friend.

There WILL be tons of pics and video coming. So for those that couldn't make it, you'll be able to get a sense, and I'll not spoil it :).

I really want to take a paragraph to say how AWESOME the MOGang, Len, Rick, and all the dozens of volunteers have been. You could almost sense the entire event shift into another gear tonight. It was smoothly orchestrated. AND... the weather cooperated! A front came through this afternoon and it rained, dropped to 45 degrees (WHILE on a ride), then warmed a little at about 6:00 and by movie and lights and... well... you'll see... it was really mild. So... MOGANG.... Hats off... insert bowdown... and thanks for the untold hours you all have put into this. And Kevorama and Joanie.... WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! You'll see......... Joanie hints as it above, but wait till you see the videos that I KNOW will get posted. WOOOOOWOWOWOWO!!!

Paula(Butch2025)
04-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks Len and the MO Gang for a wonderful evening! You couldn't have picked a better venue for FNL then capping it off with that great fireworks show....WOW!:thumbup:

CyncySpyder
04-28-2012, 12:16 AM
You know, if Teddy & I hadn't had such an emotionally satisfying day today, I would be really upset right now that we missed all this fun. For all you new folks, we didn't have Fireworks last year, that was Awesome :yes:

SteveMac
04-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Kevorama and Joanie did an awesome job on the fireworks. And the weather cooperated just enough to make the whole thing work. It was a very fun night. I can't wait to see some of the other vids. I had my iPhone in my pocket for the first few minutes and I missed some good stuff. So I am wanting to see other versions.

The food was good, we had good community support, everyone seemed to really enjoy the entire evening and best of all we raised some pretty good money for Backpacks for Kids.

Just awesome!

Arr MiHardies
04-28-2012, 01:04 AM

... Or you live in the desert.

kevorama
04-28-2012, 01:42 AM
It's always nerve racking when I do a show. Safety is my first concern, everyone having a 'blast' is my second. Both of us had the DRIFT HD 170 cams from the bike to record Friday Night Lights. Joanie had the better of the two. While most folks were looking up I was looking down at the boards going off to make sure that nothing was going wrong. I'm glad that we had a part in making this year's SpyderFest 'Over The Top'!

Here is Jo's vantage point. It starts off a little shaky, as we were moving back, after starting the fire up close. We didn't have the benefit of hearing the music from where we were. Steve's video caught the crowd's response, where as, we were closer to the action and could only hear BOOM BOOM BOOM.

I have uploaded Jo's video and it will be here ---->
http://youtu.be/1SfwQe2Uqaw
Although, it might take a little while for Youtube to post it.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

CyncySpyder
04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
:joke:GREAT JOB:thumbup: OVER THE TOP:2thumbs:LOOK'N FORWARD TO SpyderFest2013:yes:

kevorama
04-28-2012, 02:11 AM
We were really looking forward to meeting you and Teddy. Maybe next year? Heal up and get better so we can hook up. If we're up that way I'll give you a holler.