PDA

View Full Version : Praying for rain tomorrow

Lamonster
04-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes that's what i said. :hun:
I got some new Can Am gear that's suppose to be waterproof and seeing I've yet to own anything waterproof I'm itching to give this gear a try. It really looks like it may just be the ticket. If it rains tomorrow I plan on a bout a 150 mile ride to test it out. :pray:

GloryRyders
04-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Lamonster, you can have the rain as long as you don't bring it to Cuba next week.:gaah: You probably won't have to bring the new rain gear if you can believe the 10 day forecast!:2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
04-20-2012, 08:36 PM
:dontknow: You know we follow your testing of gear really closely:thumbup: tho this time we're bet'n yur gonna be keep'n yur pants on:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: right:dontknow::roflblack:

murphybrown
04-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Go stand under it!!!! :roflblack::roflblack::(

Paula(Butch2025)
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Please keep it down in TN!!!:pray: We are having our first Minnesota SpyderLovers ride of the season tomorrow and we would appreciate sunshine if not at least 50+ temps!! I really don't want to pick up my new Spyder in the rain:lecturef_smilie:.
--Paula

jvicker
04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I too was hoping to get caught in the rain before I left for Cuba. Really wanted to see how things handled and how the gear worked out. Oh well, I guess we'll have to settle for sun and blue skies. :yes:

flamingobabe
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
come to Texas.....we are being hammered....started about 4pm ...still raining.....but it suppose to stop tomorrow...let us know what yo think of the new water proof stuff

spyderrock
04-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I got some new Can Am gear that's suppose to be waterproof and seeing I've yet to own anything waterproof I'm itching to give this gear a try. It really looks like it may just be the ticket. If it rains tomorrow I plan on a bout a 150 mile ride to test it out. :pray:

Hey Lamont I picked up the new water proof jacket last week at the dealer, the one with the bright yellow on the sleeves and shoulders. And it also has a really cool belaclava tucked into the collar of the jacket so in those heavy rains your neck shouldn't get wet. Had it on the other day in light rain obviously it worked well just need a good down pour but I think this jacket is the ticket to staying dry.

TicketBait
04-20-2012, 11:30 PM
I rode in fairly heavy rain today for 2-3 hours in texas with can-am jacket with yellowish green sleeves and it worked great for me. I like how the collar attaches for a complete seal. I loved riding in the rain, the gloves I switched to by can am that have the zipper on the side are completely water proof too, and very comfortable.

effgjamis
04-21-2012, 12:06 AM

If it's the one piece Can Am suite, you will find it is waterproof, however, it keeps the water out but what a sweat box it creates... It does not breath.
I used it in Update New York, and it was pretty good no wet from the outside got in. But anything above 60 degrees, and you have a sauna... JMOHO.

SporterSpider
04-21-2012, 03:02 AM
I rode from Moonshine Lunch Run to home (Erlanger, KY) and it rained all the way and my Frog Togs kept me dry.

johnnyg
04-21-2012, 03:10 AM
Thanks Lamount your wish came true :mad: you just half to come to Florida. 4 am and it is on the way. were pulling out at 5:30 today rain our not . Here we go see you'll Tuesday:yes::yes::yes:

rogerb
04-21-2012, 05:40 AM
We're dry here right now but tomorrow the rain arrives when we plan on leaving (of course).

NancysToy
04-21-2012, 07:32 AM
I found myself wishing for the same thing yesterday. Ron sold me a new Kilimanjaro jacket and asked that I provide some feedback. Thus far I have not had enough rain to test it well, just some light stuff yesterday, and I have also not had enough heat to test the vents. I love it so far, but the review will have to wait. Sorry Ron!

Lamonster
04-21-2012, 02:54 PM
:dontknow: You know we follow your testing of gear really closely:thumbup: tho this time we're bet'n yur gonna be keep'n yur pants on:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: right:dontknow::roflblack:This is not out yet, there are a few of us doing reports on this gear to share what we like and don't like. So far it kept me dry today but it wasn't as hard of rain that I would have liked to have seen. It is made very well. :doorag:

If it's the one piece Can Am suite, you will find it is waterproof, however, it keeps the water out but what a sweat box it creates... It does not breath.
I used it in Update New York, and it was pretty good no wet from the outside got in. But anything above 60 degrees, and you have a sauna... JMOHO.

It was 75 when the sun came back out and I didn't have that problem, this has a breathable membrane. It got a little warm but not like you're talking about.

ornerydog7
04-21-2012, 03:06 PM

Hey Lamont, did it rain on Wednesday or the rest of the week after we left you place? We got down to Ashville and it rained the rest of the day and all night. Thanks again !!

​Ralph

Paula(Butch2025)
04-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Butch got to test his new Kilimanjaro coat he bought from BajaRon yesterday, since we had lots of rain and cold temps. He said he stayed nice and dry...like Scotty, he'll have to wait until Cuba to even think of using the vents!

Lamonster
04-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey Lamont, did it rain on Wednesday or the rest of the week after we left you place? We got down to Ashville and it rained the rest of the day and all night. Thanks again !!

​Ralph
Started raining that afternoon. Think you made the right call. It was good to visit with you guys. Take care :doorag: