PDA

View Full Version : Tric-Led

SDM
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Ordered the Tric-Led Vader fog lights, headlights and wings. Got here in a couple of days. Hubby (Tobor 9) had the bike apart and installed the wings and headlights. Turned out the headlights were wrong - sent 2 rights instead of a right and left. Let Reggie know and he quickly sent out the correct items and many apologies. Hubby finished installing them this morning and I think they look pretty cool!!!:yes:44086 Reggie and the people at Tric-Led were great to work with. Quick shipping and helpful when we had problems.:clap:

joet82
04-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Very nice setup. I have their TricFenders and they are great. Every other light I have though is Custom Dynamics.

Bytemi
04-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Wow, I love that, I wish I could do something similar to my bike, but its illegal. I am pushing the envelope right now with GloRyders on the wheel.

I love it, great job!

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 06:53 AM
:shocked: Walk toward the light... :roflblack:
That's a real nice-looking setup! Uh-oh... Here's comes the Missus... :yikes:

zrc
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow, I love that, I wish I could do something similar to my bike, but its illegal. I am pushing the envelope right now with GloRyders on the wheel.

I love it, great job!

Do it anyway, whats the fun in life if it isnt illegal sometimes... And remember if you put a kill switch in, nothing is illegal unless you get caught.

LITE IT UP

zrc
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
:shocked: Walk toward the light... :roflblack:
That's a real nice-looking setup! Uh-oh... Here's comes the Missus... :yikes:

*zrc walks on screen in a blue button up and some khaki colored pants*

You know... there are 8000 members on this forum... This is Bob, Bob wants to farkle out his bike, but he cant, he needs help, most us cant imagine what that is like. For just 1 quarter... a small $0.25 one time donation, we could help Bob. Help Bob have sparkles, comfort, and amusement when he goes to his garage... Wont you help Bob? Wont you?

(insert joker hat here)

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: You just put the gun in her hand and the shovel in the back of the Jeep! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I love it, great job!

You can make things legal if the lights are on switches so that you can turn them off... :thumbup:

zrc
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: You just put the gun in her hand and the shovel in the back of the Jeep! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

And thats why you dont own a jeep or 4x4 truck folks, makes it easier for people to hide your body.

spyderrock
04-19-2012, 09:46 AM
*zrc walks on screen in a blue button up and some khaki colored pants*

You know... there are 8000 members on this forum... This is Bob, Bob wants to farkle out his bike, but he cant, he needs help, most us cant imagine what that is like. For just 1 quarter... a small $0.25 one time donation, we could help Bob. Help Bob have sparkles, comfort, and amusement when he goes to his garage... Wont you help Bob? Wont you?

(insert joker hat here)

I would like to help "Farkle out Bobs Bike" I will give a one time donation of 10 dollars because I like Bob. I just took my bottles to the bottle depot yesterday and made 24 dollars I can spare 10 dollars I need the rest for coffee sorry Bob :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:. And yes about the lights just use a switch and viola your good.

Bytemi
04-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Do it anyway, whats the fun in life if it isnt illegal sometimes... And remember if you put a kill switch in, nothing is illegal unless you get caught.

LITE IT UP

Not completely true, this is what I got from the State Police when I asked the question:

Adele,

LED kits are illegal anywhere on the motorcycle in Virginia, unless they are covered and unlit while the vehicle is being operated on a public highway.
If the LED lights are mounted on the motorcycle, a cover would have to be made specifically for the purpose of covering these lights.

Thank you for contacting the Safety Division.
Lisa Donaho
Safety Division Headquarters
Virginia State Police
Safety@vsp.virginia.gov
(804) 674-2827

So I can't even put them on and keep them off, I would have to cover them too. Its a stupid law, I want to be visible!

zrc
04-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Not completely true, this is what I got from the State Police when I asked the question:

Adele,

LED kits are illegal anywhere on the motorcycle in Virginia, unless they are covered and unlit while the vehicle is being operated on a public highway.
If the LED lights are mounted on the motorcycle, a cover would have to be made specifically for the purpose of covering these lights.

Lisa Donaho
Virginia State Police
Safety@vsp.virginia.gov
(804) 674-2827

So I can't even put them on and keep them off, I would have to cover them too. Its a stupid law, I want to be visible!

I will bet a solid amount of money that law is never enforced. There are tons of laws like that. Basically it might be something they ticketed you for if they already pulled you over. Also, a cover for lights, that is absurd. On and off are good I am betting. BUT, me and the LEO's dont get along, so what do I know ;) However, I will now make it a point to get LIT UP and roll through VA to :cus: them off.

Other dumb@$$ laws:

In the county I live in, you can technically be jailed for life for killing someone elses livestock, a law from way back when cattle and horses were worth more than some people.

In Tennessee for the longest time, Sororities could not have houses like fraternities on college campus's because in the state of Tennessee it was technically illegal for more than 3 women to live in one house, because more than 3 women would constitute a brothel.

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
From their answer it appears as if the fact that they are LED lights is what makes them illegal??? :dontknow:

joet82
04-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Adele,

Lisa Donaho
Virginia State Police
Safety@vsp.virginia.gov
(804) 674-2827

So, according to this, the only lights I would have on my Spyder while rolling through VA are my Headlights....WTF???? all of my lights except my HLs are LED....and I don't have accent lights, all of mine are running/Brake/turn signals....SMH!

It's almost as bad as the law in Mt Vernon, WA, that made it illegal for you to have sex with a virgin, even on her wedding night. haha

zrc
04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
So, according to this, the only lights I would have on my Spyder while rolling through VA are my Headlights....WTF???? all of my lights except my HLs are LED....and I don't have accent lights, all of mine are running/Brake/turn signals....SMH!

It's almost as bad as the law in Mt Vernon, WA, that made it illegal for you to have sex with a virgin, even on her wedding night. haha

I bet the night before that went live there was one heck of a party in Mt Vernon

joet82
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM
In Tennessee for the longest time, Sororities could not have houses like fraternities on college campus's because in the state of Tennessee it was technically illegal for more than 3 women to live in one house, because more than 3 women would constitute a brothel.

Sororities are brothels! I wanna be a Volunteer (in more than one way) hahaha:ohyea::roflblack:

zrc
04-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Ordered the Tric-Led Vader fog lights, headlights and wings. Got here in a couple of days. Hubby (Tobor 9) had the bike apart and installed the wings and headlights. Turned out the headlights were wrong - sent 2 rights instead of a right and left. Let Reggie know and he quickly sent out the correct items and many apologies. Hubby finished installing them this morning and I think they look pretty cool!!!:yes:44086 Reggie and the people at Tric-Led were great to work with. Quick shipping and helpful when we had problems.:clap:

I would like to add to this that your LED setup is amazing, I think it really sets off your RT's front! Sorry to hijack your thread with my insanity, my shrink would tell you I can help it, but I choose not too.

SDM
04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
That's ok zrc, Bob, etc., etc. I quite enjoy insanity. “I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me. (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/i_wouldn-t_recommend_sex-drugs_or_insanity_for/208364.html)” Hunter S. Thompson. What is insanity, anyway? Is it when you scream and everyone else whispers, or is it when you fight for what's right, even when everyone else thinks your wrong? (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/what-is-insanity-anyway-is-it-when-you-scream-and/1573376.html)” Don't know who that's from. But my favorite, I think from Alice in Wonderland is: "Everyone's crazy except me and thee and I'm not so sure about thee!" :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 11:48 AM
"Everyone's crazy except me and thee and I'm not so sure about thee!" :roflblack:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif :roflblack: :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I would be willing to guess that if another letter were written to the authorities that it may come back with a totally different answer.

Anyone tried getting information about a tax question from the IRS helpline--its like playing tax roulette. Pick an answer. :roflblack:

rogerb
04-19-2012, 03:04 PM
LEDs are greatly misunderstood. Just think of the power consumption that is being saved and materials for replacement. 1000 hrs lifespan versus 20000 to 50000 hrs lifespans. Not just in automotive uses but in commercial and residential usage. Costs are coming down due to demand.

Arr MiHardies
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
LEDs are greatly misunderstood. Just think of the power consumption that is being saved and materials for replacement. 1000 hrs lifespan versus 20000 to 50000 hrs lifespans. Not just in automotive uses but in commercial and residential usage. Costs are coming down due to demand.

Shouldn't demand dive the price up? I think more accurately, demand is spurring more production, increasing supply, thus lowering cost.

TOPDOGJIM
04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Very nice set up indeed.

Phil
04-19-2012, 07:06 PM
VERY nice look!!
Note to me----- stay out of VA.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

bruiser
04-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Been through the communist state (VA) many times at night and have seen bikes with LEDs. I haven't ridden our RT there yet, we have the Glo Ryders and fender lights. I would ask the question, why is it illegal on motorcycles but not cages? I'm talking low riders etc. with underbody LEDs. And then there are the big rigs adorned with LED lights. Just asking...

bone crusher
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM

I'm one of those who thinks that the more lights you have , the better...that looks pretty menacing...great job!