PDA

View Full Version : Troubling news item from Harrisburg, PA...

FrankPa
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
A 17-year-old Dauphin woman told police she saw a three-wheeled motorcycle with flashing emergency lights come up behind her as if it were trying to pull her over about 9:15 p.m. Monday on the 5400 block of Linglestown Road.

She rolled down her window to listen for a siren and, hearing none, continued driving. The motorcycle drove around her in the area of the Giant supermarket in Susquehanna Township.

She described the motorcycle as dark-colored with two wheels in the front. The driver was a man wearing blue jeans and a helmet.

Lower Paxton police say they do operate motorcycles for patrol and traffic enforcement, but the motorcycles are clearly marked Harley-Davidsons and the officers are in full uniform.

Although the intent of this impersonator is unknown, the victim in this incident used good judgment to protect herself from whatever he intended, according to Lt. Gary Seefeldt.

Mspiv
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Flashing emergency lights.. Probably in limp mode and put flashers on

I have modulated headlight and during the day when I run them, invariably some motorist will pull over as if I was an emergency vehicle

Makes ya think...

Clicker1944
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I would think not to many folks pull over for amber lights.
Also, how would he be able to pass someone in limp mode?

arntufun
04-18-2012, 02:23 PM
It was probably the headlights bouncing, Reggy's under Spyder LED lights and a set of gloryders. :banghead: :banghead::banghead: That woman probably watches way to much TV and thinks she is so hot that everyone wants her.

lyonsden
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
It was probably the headlights bouncing, Reggy's under Spyder LED lights and a set of gloryders. :banghead: :banghead::banghead: That woman probably watches way to much TV and thinks she is so hot that everyone wants her.
I think you're exactly right artnufun, headlights bouncing. When I first got my spyder friends traveling in front of me kept stopping saying I was flashing my lights. Finally figured out to run them on bright during the day and they don't look like they're flashing.

Bob Denman
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I like your explanation Randy! :2thumbs: :roflblack:
I just hope that it's the correct one... :shocked:

zrc
04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I have had various people pull over when I am behind them.

I have Fogs / regulars, LED Halos from Reggy, Fenderz's and white tips the front of my bike (save the BRP lights) is a white candle, and people think Im a cop. The GOOD NEWS is that at least they freaking see us.

MarkLawson
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
She's only 17 years old & may be blond!

zrc
04-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Someone email her and ask if she knows what a $2 bill is!

That should solve of this mystery.

AutumnCat
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I had to reply to the one guy - who had to assure everyone that absolutely no police force would use the Can-Am Spyder.
For someone who got all up in the other persons face - he is severely lacking in facts about our Spyders.

bruiser
04-18-2012, 06:49 PM
She's only 17 years old & may be blond!

:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

dancogan
04-19-2012, 06:21 AM
I had to reply to the one guy - who had to assure everyone that absolutely no police force would use the Can-Am Spyder.
For someone who got all up in the other persons face - he is severely lacking in facts about our Spyders.

"Watch out speeders in Florida. The Kissimmee Police Department will catch you in the web spun by these really cool Can-Am Spyders. This is the first use of the Can-Am Spyder by law enforcement." from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkpBCsgGnQ FWIW

docdoru
04-19-2012, 06:34 AM
"Watch out speeders in Florida. The Kissimmee Police Department will catch you in the web spun by these really cool Can-Am Spyders. This is the first use of the Can-Am Spyder by law enforcement."
They should have RT's and give us with the RS's some room...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 07:00 AM
What; you don't like a fair fight? :roflblack:

NancysToy
04-19-2012, 07:24 AM
:agree:

Oldmanzues
04-19-2012, 07:57 AM
The first question I would have asked, What color emergency lights ? It almost sounds like somebody took off with their 4 ways on, But who would do that ( except me of course).
Ohio state has gone to all blue lights, other use the red/blue. The "mall Security" around here use a green flashing light. People ge all confused over that one.
Oldmanzues

kman
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM

I agree,we discussed this before about the headlights turning red and white due to vibration.I "pulled over" another car Monday on the way to work!

Bob Denman
04-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Sooooo... Did you let them off with just a warning, or do they have to go see the Judge?? :shocked: :roflblack: