PDA

View Full Version : Trailer recommendations please!

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
My buddy and I are taking a road trip in June to NY and we are quickly realizing that we need more storage. We did have a car going that our gf's were taking, but thats not happening now. So since we only have the bikes, I have been thinking about getting a hitch and trailer. I looked at U-hauls small trailer but its 500lbs. and max "recommended" speed limit of 55mph (not going to work). Its seems to me that the cheapest I can find a trailer for is about $1000 + hitch and wiring? Little much seeing as how I would use it maybe once a year. Anyone know of anything still of good quality and cheap? (sorry to use those two words in the same sentence) :roflblack:

zrc
04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I am sure I will get shot down up in here, but this one doesnt look horrid, and is less expensive :)

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trailer-accessories/600-lb-capacity-78-inch-tag-along-trailer-66771.html

I just dont like it's speed rating ><

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Seems like that would be great except for the speed rating. Definitely going to be going atleast 70 with it

zrc
04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Due to my ignorance in the land of vehicles, I do not know what sets this rating, is it the axle or the tires or a combination of both?

Most trailers I have looked at dont support my driving speeds. Perhaps its _my_ fault ;)

SteveMac
04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Check out Mini Trailers on the SL home page. They are a sponsor here.

arntufun
04-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Your going to tow a trailer with a "pure sport" RS ??????? How lame !!!!! :roflblack::joke::roflblack:

Next thing you will do, is put a high windshield on, saddle bags, stock exhaust and some fenders !!!! If it won't fit in the frunk then it's not going with me. If that means I run out of clean underwear, then so be it. :doorag:

Cavman
04-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Just turn the underwear inside out and you have a new pair.:sour:

zrc
04-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Your going to tow a trailer with a "pure sport" RS ??????? How lame !!!!! :roflblack::joke::roflblack:

Next thing you will do, is put a high windshield on, saddle bags, stock exhaust and some fenders !!!! If it won't fit in the frunk then it's not going with me. If that means I run out of clean underwear, then so be it. :doorag:

That quote should read the following "if it wont fit in the frunk, or around the spyder in the hauler, it's not going with me.", just saying :)

:joke:

arntufun
04-18-2012, 02:51 PM
That quote should read the following "if it wont fit in the frunk, or around the spyder in the hauler, it's not going with me.", just saying :)

You got me !!!!!! :roflblack:
:roflblack:

CyncySpyder
04-18-2012, 02:53 PM

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: He got u there Randy :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM

I would rather pull a trailer once then have spray paint on my "pure sport" RS Randy! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Fatal Attraction deserves a new owner, one that will get that spray paint off of her! :roflblack::joke::roflblack:....ohhh ohhh, to the Spyder Name thread I go...

arntufun
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I would rather pull a trailer once then have spray paint on my "pure sport" RS Randy! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Fatal Attraction deserves a new owner, one that will get that spray paint off of her! :roflblack::joke::roflblack:....ohhh ohhh, to the Spyder Name thread I go...

AKA KRYLON !!!!!!!!!! :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack:

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
AKA KRYLON !!!!!!!!!! :roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack:

Ya gotta admit, it is kind of a good name LOL

arntufun
04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Ya gotta admit, it is kind of a good name LOL

I wish you would have been coming through NY June 4-9 so you could stop by Americade and hang out with us in Lake George for awhile and check out all the bikes.

retread
04-18-2012, 04:40 PM
The speed rating on the HF trailer is because of the tires, they're tagged at 45 mph. Put some 12 inch highway rated wheels/tires on it and you're good to go. If you clip a 20% coupon from a mag, you can get the trailer for about $320. One thing, check the wiring, mine had a lot of bare wire at the splices.

john

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 06:04 PM
The speed rating on the HF trailer is because of the tires, they're tagged at 45 mph. Put some 12 inch highway rated wheels/tires on it and you're good to go. If you clip a 20% coupon from a mag, you can get the trailer for about $320. One thing, check the wiring, mine had a lot of bare wire at the splices.

john

Awesome, thanks for the input!

5PYD3R
04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I wish you would have been coming through NY June 4-9 so you could stop by Americade and hang out with us in Lake George for awhile and check out all the bikes.

How do you know its not the 4-9th? Never said a date, cant have you stalking me. HAHA. We are actually going June 14-18th