PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance costs?

MidLifeCrisis
04-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

just did several seaches to determine if the expected service costs on the spyder is higher than other bikes, but didn't really come up with anything but prices for the most part. Having no recent experience with motorcycles, I can't determine, if the costs are fairly standard across bike platfems, or if the Spyder is higher. Can those of you wih years of two wheel experience tell me what I could expect in that regard with Spyder ownership?

Saluda
04-18-2012, 04:26 AM
I've been lucky as far as problems. That said I believe the Spyder is more expensive to maintain than the 2 wheels I've owned in the past. (The Spyder is a more complicated vehicle)

Grandpa Spyder
04-18-2012, 04:32 AM
I've been lucky as far as problems. That said I believe the Spyder is more expensive to maintain than the 2 wheels I've owned in the past. (The Spyder is a more complicated vehicle)

+1:agree: very hi tech not cheap to work on.

cal45
04-18-2012, 04:57 AM
also, what kind of Maintenance interval is recommended by BRP?

docdoru
04-18-2012, 05:20 AM
BRP should revealed the COM (cost of maintenace) for both RS and RT's. ;)

Grandpa Spyder
04-18-2012, 05:33 AM

It is listed in your manual. every 3000 miles, which I think is extreme. 4 or 5 would be more reasonable.

R.T. Smith
04-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I bought my 2012 RT-S in March and found out the labor cost are extremely high. I am going to try and learn how to change the oil myself and save the labor cost. It might take me all day the first time to change the oil but at least I will not have to pay the $110 per hour shop rate.:shocked:

TuckMiddle
04-18-2012, 06:39 AM
The Spyder RTSM5 is a combination of a lot of great features and I really enjoy and appreciate the ride it provides.

MX intervals are absud. The man hours and expense at $100 per hour really add up. I'm an older guy who has had back and arthritis problems and I'm unable to do a lot of the maintenance items that I have always done on motorcycles. That said, I bought a 3 year MX plan from the dealer and it appears to be the way to go - at least for me. Having 13,000 miles since last August, it's been in the shop for both scheduled and unscheduled items. 90 mile round trip, not a bad ride BTY, is required for each visit. The shop itself is great. no questions about their work and knowledge. The Spyder parts availability is a joke. Two weeks tomorrow, since the BRP rep promised to send a canister, 2nd one, to the dealer. Almost 2 weeks to get the parts to repair the water pump oil seal in January. They wouldn't replace the pump, understandable I guess, but took 13 days to send all 12 parts to overhaul it, if needed. It was the oil seal and the dealer naturally didn't have that at the start of the problem. I also bought the extended warranty, but labor, of course, is on the owner.

Bottom line here is that it's an expensive ride. Much more than a Harley or GoldWing, due to the MX intervals and the man-hours involved for many checks. Can't believe I had to put rear brakes on it yesterday. That was actually pretty reasonable because they were swapping the rear tire out at 13,000 miles. I don't ride with my foot on the brake pedal and have always gotten great mileage out of disks and rotors. Such is life. This summary sounds a little negative, but the overall satisfaction level is pretty high. I knew many of the complications going in and have no one to blame but myself!! I'm a very happy camper. :firstplace:

Now, if I could get my wife back to work to buy gas for the cars and bikes, I'd be all set. My 1986 Honda Helix still gets 60 mpg most of the time, but needs tires every 4-6,000 miles!! Nothing's perfect.

Tuck

ulflyer
04-18-2012, 06:57 AM
The Can Am's are definitely harder for the average do-it-yourselfer to maintain and probably more expensive in the long run.

If you're young enough to spend a couple hours getting up and down every 3000-4000 miles doing the oil and filters (2 on the RT SE) then you are way ahead of the cost curve. Or, if you have deep pockets and can have everything done by the dealer theres no problem.

I don't have deep pockets, didn't really do any research, assuming I could do all the ordinary maintenance like I've done on previous bikes, but am finding it to be quite a chore, mainly due to ageing knees and back.

You've also got a front end with 8 grease fittings that some say should be done every time you change oil. I do mine every other time. And theres the belt to keep an eye on if you don't have regular service done. Not especially onerous things to do, depending on your physical and mechanical ability.

Then theres the ongoing issue with the throttle body; theres been lots and lots of replacements and several computer updates that require it to be in the shop. For me, being retired, and having a dealer 30 miles away, thats not been a big problem, but for some it may be. I would advise anyone who plans to travel to have some sort of towing insurance, just in case. I took out the 3 year Best extended warranty, which includes towing.

In short, if you have deep pockets, or like to do your own routine maintenance, and are capable of doing it, go for it as they are surely fun machines to own. The Can Am, maintenance wise, was not a good choice for me, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

NancysToy
04-18-2012, 07:02 AM
In general, I think you will find the Spyder to be toward the upper end of maintenance costs for various motorcycles. There are a variety of reasons for this. First is the fully enclosed body. Other faired bikes share the added costs of removing the bodywork before doing anything. It adds a half hour or more labor cost to the cost of maintaining a naked bike. Second is the high tech nature of the beast. Just like having to pay $80 diagnostic charge when you take your Ford to the shop, hooking up to BUDS has a cost, directly or indirectly. Third is the complexity of the machine. The more computers, emissions equipment, conveniences, luggage, etc. you hang on a machine, the more there is to maintain and the more technical the maintenance needs. That adds time and labor costs...plus you can't just use some minimum wage grease monkey to do the work. Fourth is the maintenance schedule itself. Like BMW, the Spyder's schedule is pretty rigorous. Some say it is excessive, but BRP feels it is appropriate for maximum reliability and longevity, just like BMW. The interval is half that of BMW, however, so that adds to the maintenance costs considerably. Finally there is the cost of parts. Like any low production machine, component parts tend to cost more than average. Compared to some other brands, I do not think they are unreasonable, but they are not the cheapest, either. There are some good aftermarket alternatives, like the Hi-Flo oil filters, although they may not meet with your dealer's approval.

Bob Denman
04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
It's all worth it when you're out there on the perfect road on a sunny day... and no traffic in sight! :thumbup:

docdoru
04-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Some say it is excessive, but BRP feels it is appropriate for maximum reliability and longevity, just like BMW. The interval is half that of BMW, however, so that adds to the maintenance costs considerably.

Hope is the only thing stronger than fear. A little is effective, a lot of hope is dangerous. "The Hunger Games” (2012)

Bob Denman
04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Well then I hope that you show no fear... :thumbup:

cal45
04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
It is listed in your manual. every 3000 miles, which I think is extreme. 4 or 5 would be more reasonable.

Yes, I figured it would be listed there but I do not own a Spyder.........yet. ;)

dave01
04-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Had I known the routine maint. costs of this vehicle, I would have never purchased one. 240.00 for an oil change....absurd. and every 3k miles, crazy. 12k mile valve adjustment ( avg cost 1200.00) in the manual is asinine. This was supposed to be changed as per BRP officials at the Chicago event but has not been done. Does this mean if we have an engine failure, and did not do the adjustment/check, the warranty is void?

MidLifeCrisis
04-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Well then I hope that you show no fear... :thumbup:

I've always wondered why people liked Harleys so much when they spent more time working on them, than driving them! I guess I'm about to find out.

MidLifeCrisis
04-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Had I known the routine maint. costs of this vehicle, I would have never purchased one. 240.00 for an oil change....absurd. and every 3k miles, crazy. 12k mile valve adjustment ( avg cost 1200.00) in the manual is asinine.

Those prices do sound pretty rediculous. Is that BRP in general, or just the fact that the Spyder is so new and complicated?

dave01
04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Those prices do sound pretty rediculous. Is that BRP in general, or just the fact that the Spyder is so new and complicated?

Its not new, has been out since 2008. BRP does not set the costs for the dealerships, only the intervals for the maint. items. I have been hearing for over 3 years that the taking off of body panels is what makes the cost go up. I call BS, since I can take them all off in under 15 minutes, and I am not a BRP certified tech. I, personally, have paid from 178.00 in Georgia, to 240.00 in North Carolina for a basic oil change. Nothing special, a couple of filters and o-rings plus oil.

Desert Spyder
04-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I've been emailing a lady lately, whom I 've never met, that may be interested in ryding with my chapter (Spyder Ryder of America Inland Empire Chapter). She owns one of the PE's with her husband. She has little experience on the bike because of her stature, which is 4'11". Frankly, I don't know the dynamics of short people ryding. I'm 6'1, 61, and in the fat, middle aged, bald guy category, and we have our own challenges. I suggested she get those adjustable grips on the end of the handle bars. Any other suggestions from those in the same boat. She did say she and her hubby want to get a RT as soon as the pay off the RS. I assume that might open another can, don't know.

PS...This was supposed to be a separate thread but I couldn't delete it for some strange reason.

boborgera
04-18-2012, 08:29 AM

They are kind of high, But then if you compare them to Ducati, Moto Guzzi etc, There Right in the ballpark!
I have a Tri Glide and so far the maintenance cost is Zero, 66 hundred miles so far. My 6n about 30 dollars, But that only has about 25 hundred miles on it.
I think some of the high cost has to do with a Complicated machine and few and far in between dealers, Who have other bikes to work on, I know my dealer [ex] likes to sell Spyders but working on them takes too much time away from their other work.

chickridin
04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
The Spyder RTSM5 is a combination of a lot of great features and I really enjoy and appreciate the ride it provides.

MX intervals are absud. The man hours and expense at $100 per hour really add up. I'm an older guy who has had back and arthritis problems and I'm unable to do a lot of the maintenance items that I have always done on motorcycles. That said, I bought a 3 year MX plan from the dealer and it appears to be the way to go - at least for me. Having 13,000 miles since last August, it's been in the shop for both scheduled and unscheduled items. 90 mile round trip, not a bad ride BTY, is required for each visit. The shop itself is great. no questions about their work and knowledge. The Spyder parts availability is a joke. Two weeks tomorrow, since the BRP rep promised to send a canister, 2nd one, to the dealer. Almost 2 weeks to get the parts to repair the water pump oil seal in January. They wouldn't replace the pump, understandable I guess, but took 13 days to send all 12 parts to overhaul it, if needed. It was the oil seal and the dealer naturally didn't have that at the start of the problem. I also bought the extended warranty, but labor, of course, is on the owner.

Bottom line here is that it's an expensive ride. Much more than a Harley or GoldWing, due to the MX intervals and the man-hours involved for many checks. Can't believe I had to put rear brakes on it yesterday. That was actually pretty reasonable because they were swapping the rear tire out at 13,000 miles. I don't ride with my foot on the brake pedal and have always gotten great mileage out of disks and rotors. Such is life. This summary sounds a little negative, but the overall satisfaction level is pretty high. I knew many of the complications going in and have no one to blame but myself!! I'm a very happy camper. :firstplace:

Now, if I could get my wife back to work to buy gas for the cars and bikes, I'd be all set. My 1986 Honda Helix still gets 60 mpg most of the time, but needs tires every 4-6,000 miles!! Nothing's perfect.

Tuck

If you have an extended warranty, and the repairs fall under that warranty, you should not be paying anything, let alone labor. The only thing you might have to pay is a deductable if it applies.

NancysToy
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
.....I call BS, since I can take them all off in under 15 minutes, and I am not a BRP certified tech.
Just curious where that is free? At 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off, at $100 an hour, it sounds like $50 worth to me. ;) That's certainly more than for a naked bike. All fared bikes have the cost for panel removal and replacement built into the service flat rates.

Dragonrider
04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack: None of you have owned a BMW K-bike. The Spyder is Honda cheap, by comparison. My last K12 had an electrically actuated hydraulic center stand that was replaced twice -at $1195 each, plus $500 in labor… Annual oil changes and check-up were in the $1,000+ range, and the tupperware was harder to remove…. but the bike was a dream to ride - loaded up and two up, it could carve corners with the sport bikes…. bottom line is, that youse gets whats youse pays for….

chickridin
04-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi all,

just did several seaches to determine if the expected service costs on the spyder is higher than other bikes, but didn't really come up with anything but prices for the most part. Having no recent experience with motorcycles, I can't determine, if the costs are fairly standard across bike platfems, or if the Spyder is higher. Can those of you wih years of two wheel experience tell me what I could expect in that regard with Spyder ownership?

I totally agree! This is one reason I'm thankful that I bought the extended warranty! :2thumbs:As for costs, I find that for normal scheduled maintenance costs varies dealer to dealer. I don't think they know themselves what to charge. I spoke with one dealer that said they had charged a Spyder owner somewhere around $800 (sorry, this is pretty close. my crs has kicked in) for his 6000 mile service (which is supposed to include the valve adjustment). I about cried when he said that. My reply was.."What the h-e-l-l did I buy???!!!" On the other hand, I got a price of $350 without the valve adjustment, $600 with, (close again (-:) from the dealer I bought my Spyder from.

dave01
04-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Just curious where that is free? At 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off, at $100 an hour, it sounds like $50 worth to me. ;) That's certainly more than for a naked bike. All fared bikes have the cost for panel removal and replacement built into the service flat rates.

Who the heck said FREE....... What i said is I was tired of dealers using the excuse that they have to remove the panels, thats why they charge so much. Its a quick job and does not take long. Take the 50.00 you worked up off a 240 dollar oil change and its still 190.00. Panels off a Hayabusa and oil change 42.00, Panels off an R1 Yamaha and oil change 51.00

Average miles ridden in a year = 12000
Thats 1 valve adjustment at 1200
4 oil changes at 240.00
2160.00 in scheduled maintenance for 1 year, not including air filter, bearings, etc that BRP requires.

Are the Spyders fun? Heck yes, but they arent cheap, by any means

chickridin
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack: None of you have owned a BMW K-bike. The Spyder is Honda cheap, by comparison. My last K12 had an electrically actuated hydraulic center stand that was replaced twice -at $1195 each, plus $500 in labor… Annual oil changes and check-up were in the $1,000+ range, and the tupperware was harder to remove…. but the bike was a dream to ride - loaded up and two up, it could carve corners with the sport bikes…. bottom line is, that youse gets whats youse pays for….

After hearing this.....I'm even happier to own a Spyder! :thumbup:

NancysToy
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Who the heck said FREE....... What i said is I was tired of dealers using the excuse that they have to remove the panels, thats why they charge so much. Its a quick job and does not take long. Take the 50.00 you worked up off a 240 dollar oil change and its still 190.00. Panels off a Hayabusa and oil change 42.00, Panels off an R1 Yamaha and oil change 51.00

Average miles ridden in a year = 12000
4 oil changes at 240.00
2160.00 in scheduled maintenance for 1 year, not including air filter, bearings, etc that BRP requires.

Are the Spyders fun? Heck yes, but they arent cheap, by any means
I'm not arguing with you Dave, I agree for the most part. They will never compare favorably to the Japanese bikes, although they do compare much more closely to the BMW, Ducati, and Guzzi maintenance costs...especially when you add in tires. I would love to see the valves be more accessible...nothing beats my BMW R-bike for that. I would love to see less frequent oil changes, and maybe less oil volume to pay for...I put less oil in my Beemers, less often. The design is what it is, however, and the reasons for the added costs, whether justifiable in an owner's eyes or not, are pretty well fixed for the reasons I have mentioned. A prospective owner needs to consider the total costs of ownership, and not be completely focused on the look or the safety features alone. He or she should compare those to similar touring or sport touring machines, however. This is no Model A Ford, and it takes a bit more to to keep it ticking.

dave01
04-18-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm not arguing with you Dave, I agree for the most part. They will never compare favorably to the Japanese bikes, although they do compare much more closely to the BMW, Ducati, and Guzzi maintenance costs...especially when you add in tires. I would love to see the valves be more accessible...nothing beats my BMW R-bike for that. I would love to see less frequent oil changes, and maybe less oil volume to pay for...I put less oil in my Beemers, less often. The design is what it is, however, and the reasons for the added costs, whether justifiable in an owner's eyes or not, are pretty well fixed for the reasons I have mentioned. A prospective owner needs to consider the total costs of ownership, and not be completely focused on the look or the safety features alone. He or she should compare those to similar touring or sport touring machines, however. This is no Model A Ford, and it takes a bit more to to keep it ticking.

Would love to have a model A though. I'm just hoping all potential buyers dont get blindsided like i and others did with regards to maint costs. This site is doing great at informing buyers that take the time to do research. Your posts have been a great help with many people on here. i have a friend, on limited retirement that changed her mind, due to the maint. If they take the 12k valve adj off the plan, as i and many others have been told would happen in Chicago and again in Daytona, that would be a great selling point. Keep up the posts.......

docdoru
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Or, free Spyder upgrade @ every 1,2K. ;)

dave01
04-18-2012, 11:31 AM
My dealer used to offer prepaid maintenance but the guy that posted just before this one ended that. I cant imagine how that could have happened.

ARtraveler
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
The maintainence of the :spyder2: is definately more expensive than most motorcycles. Most of us bought the :spyder2: because it was unique from most motorcycles and did not even give a thught about maintainence costs or poor mileage. I am smarter now, but still do not want to give up the :spyder2:.

Bob Denman
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
:agree: It's just part of the cost of being different... :thumbup:

zrc
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
All you people follow the rules to well ;)

I see the "suggested" maintenance chart in the manual, but thats just how I see it. Also, you assume some level of miles ridden. Add that in with paying a dealership for their parts / stuff can get Xpensive.

Do like I do, call the dealer, ask you if you can do parts of it, and what the cost for other parts of the maintenance would be, ask if you can bring the items that will be changed out. You will be surprised at how this effects your pricing.

My 12k service cost me 282 bucks, plus 6 quarts of oil at 9.69 each (and some tax) and a set of filters from Bajaron (and throw in some spark plugs + new wires) around 100 bucks. So just 450ish (total) for the 12k, and new plugs, plug wires.

kawakii
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
We pre-paid for our service plan through our dealership when we bought our 2011 RS-S and saved some money off the cost of each service. It includes our 600, 3000, 6000, 9000, 1200 services. It allowed us to reduce the maintenance cost on our Spyder but I understand that some can't afford to pay for a service plan up front. It was something we used as a negotiating tool for money off our purchase of the Spyder as well -- saying if they took off money on the Spyder we'd buy a service plan so they'd get our business for maintenance. Which in our area we have 3 dealerships local who culd do our maintenance and the dealer knew it. Worked out in the long run for us.

Grandpa Spyder
04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
I will say that if you do your own oil and filter changes the cost is a lot more reasonable. By doing my own oil and filter change my 600 mile service was only $95.00. It took me a couple of hours to do my 1st oil change but it was not that bad. it is just learning what to take off and how. take your time and it isn't too bad.

mrwizrdd_66
04-18-2012, 05:11 PM
This is timely since I am considering the spyder along with sport tourers. I always consider the upfront price and the maintanence prices for anything I buy (Fool me once...). Good thing I change my own oil, adjust valves, change belts, and whatever else is even remotely possible to do.

What are the charges like for the updates or to have it checked on BUDS?

Jeriatric
04-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi all,

Hey Midlife! First..... let me say I'm a newbie too, and have been lurking and reading for a few weeks now. That said, I too am interested in estimated dealer performed NORMAL service costs anually.

If 'Dave01' hits it close with these numbers:

"Average miles ridden in a year = 12000
4 oil changes at 240.00
2160.00 in scheduled maintenance for 1 year, not including air filter, bearings, etc that BRP requires."

Asumming his numbers are close enough for government work and 12,000 miles is ones anticipated anual usage - and you add anual fuel cost (say roughly 4 bucks a gal 12000 mi (avg 27 mpg), plus insurance (say $500 (+ - anual), and registration (differs state to state so won't estimate). Overall operating cost come out somewhere around .40c a mile - plus any money spent on candy. (Just a rough gestimate mind you).

Thoughts?

TuckMiddle
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=chickridin;442032]If you have an extended warranty, and the repairs fall under that warranty, you should not be paying anything, let alone labor. The only thing you might have to pay is a deductable if it applies.

You, of course, are correct. What I really should say is, in my case, with this maintenance agreement, after 3 years (and maybe less based on 6 oil changes and 6 inspections) my out of pocket mx costs will naturally go from zero to what ever it takes for normal things. I've got to put my son, 2 sons-in law and 4 grandsons on notice that I expect a lot of help in a couple years, so read up.:ohyea:

Tuck

docdoru
04-20-2012, 03:43 AM
My dealer used to offer prepaid maintenance but the guy that posted just before this one ended that. I cant imagine how that could have happened.
:shocked::yikes::coffee:

J. Mark
04-20-2012, 04:37 AM
:agree: It's just part of the cost of being different... :thumbup:

Agree. :agree:

chickridin
04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=chickridin;442032]If you have an extended warranty, and the repairs fall under that warranty, you should not be paying anything, let alone labor. The only thing you might have to pay is a deductable if it applies.

You, of course, are correct. What I really should say is, in my case, with this maintenance agreement, after 3 years (and maybe less based on 6 oil changes and 6 inspections) my out of pocket mx costs will naturally go from zero to what ever it takes for normal things. I've got to put my son, 2 sons-in law and 4 grandsons on notice that I expect a lot of help in a couple years, so read up.:ohyea:

Tuck

Ahhh....now that makes sense. :D I'm jealous.....I wish I had a crew to train!

Sarge707
04-20-2012, 11:38 AM
My maintenance costs equal the parts total and I do the labor as I have all the time in the world to do it.
Dealer had it in the shop for a month early on to check computer things and its been in for bulletins and the DPS and ALL that cost nothing.
If your retired Getting to know the Spyder can save a LOT of $$$.nojoke

tobor9
04-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I had to take off the front tupperware the other day to put on some of the lights on my wife's RT and will never gripe about $$ of maintenance again!! what a pain in the:cus:,must be 20 pins and about 6 screws,most of the pins are in the tunnels and hard to reach. I don't know how often they have to pull off the front but I never want to again!

Grandpa Spyder
04-21-2012, 05:06 AM
I had to take off the front tupperware the other day to put on some of the lights on my wife's RT and will never gripe about $$ of maintenance again!! what a pain in the:cus:,must be 20 pins and about 6 screws,most of the pins are in the tunnels and hard to reach. I don't know how often they have to pull off the front but I never want to again!

Note to self, Do not attempt to pull off front Tupperware.:ohyea:

BioSab
04-21-2012, 07:23 AM
The maintenance fees charged by dealers are absurd! I guess they have to cover the cost of all the watercrafts and T Rex that they have in the showroom that aren't selling.

I learned how to do my own oil changes(invest in a cordless drill).. Last week I had to replace the rear tire. The brp dealer wanted $134 for the tire and $250 to mount/install

Talked the dealer down to $121 for the tire took to a custom bike mechanic and had it installed for $60 and it was all done in less than and hour.. That saved me $200+... The best part was having all the custom HD and chopper riders asking questions as well as the mechanic coming up with ideas to trick her out.

memphisdan
04-21-2012, 08:25 AM
The maintenance cost can be high and the frequency sometimes seem excessive but I am learning to do much of the maintenance myself. This has actually added to my enjoyment of the Spyder. My plan is to do the 3, 6 and 9k maintenance my self and letting the dealer do the 12k less the oil change and front end lub which I will do. I will also only take it to a dealer who has a BRP trained mechanic. I now have about 31,000 happy miles on my RT.

mtbear
04-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Just had my 600 mile svc and it was 149.99.
$64.40 hr labor at my dealer, same as all of there bikes they sale and very informatent staff.
Is that comparable with other dealers?
mtbear

mtbear
04-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Never mind I heard about prices already lol.
mtbear

MidLifeCrisis
04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Just had my 600 mile svc and it was 149.99.
$64.40 hr labor at my dealer, same as all of there bikes they sale and very informatent staff.
Is that comparable with other dealers?
mtbear
just called my local dealer and they said $340! Definitely need to find someone mkre reasonable, but almost all of our bike shops are owned by the same rip off artist:banghead: