PDA

View Full Version : Backrest for the RS/RSS

lifesaver4you
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm just wondering if the back rest is easily taken off and on? I'm not crazy about the looks of the backrest but would make for a more comfortable with a passenger.

wyliec
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm just wondering if the back rest is easily taken off and on? I'm not crazy about the looks of the backrest but would make for a more comfortable with a passenger.
Yes, if you're talking the BRP sport rack and back rest.

Lift the seat and pop the release, and replace the back rest with the sport rack plate.

FaranH
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
If I can do it, it's easy :D

(And I can change the backrest out quickly and painlessly!)

Motorcycle Mama & Papa
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM

So simple, adustable and comfortab!e! Won't know it till ya try it. ;)

lifesaver4you
04-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I am very interested in having one for when my daughter wants to ride with me but when riding solo I dont want it on there. So am I reading correctly............it is very easy to take off and on?

staysafeonline
04-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Yep - are reading it right!

Kmort44
04-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Let's be accurate here, the backrest is easily swapped out with the sport rack....YES!!!

Installation of the backrest and it's associated parts...NOT SO EASY......If your not mechanically inclined you should consider having it installed, I would rate the instructions a 2 out of 5 but with that said, if you have some common sense its not to terrible to figure out. I'm more a electronics guy and I did it!!! Good luck.

Ryde on

zrc
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
I agree with KMort44.

I have the sport rack and back rest from the suggestion of arntufun, and its awesome and my girl LOVES it. The install instructions are less than desirable, and close to pitiful.

After installed, it is easy... breezy... beautiful... Changes in less than 3 minutes. (and the 3 minutes is cause I keep my stuff on a bench I have to walk to and from the spyder to get the rest / plate.)

SPYD1
04-20-2012, 09:02 AM
My recommendation would be a different seat with two backrests...or just one. I.E. Corbin seat with backrest is about the same cost and a lot easier to install. You can also add a drivers backrest.