PDA

View Full Version : Hard/soft ride opion on the RT-S. Can some one explain when to use which option?

spyderchick1
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I just got my 2012 RT-S and I was wondering when to use the hard/soft ride option? My bike did not include a manual..

M109Dreamer
04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
When the RTS is in auto mode it will adjust automatically to provide the smoothest/comfortable ride. The time most folks want to stiffen the suspsension up is when they start riding the twisties. What this does provides a firmer ride and less suspension travel. You also have manual adjustments up front and you can adjust those as well based on your ride preferences.

This is how I understand it, I'm a noob still.

NancysToy
04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
The RTS and LTD have automatic rear suspension, that adjusts the rear ride height to the adjusted level automatically, via a compressor. Set it where you like it and it will maintain that height.

Your manual should be in the front cargo compartment, behind the zip panel of the trunk liner. Sounds like your dealer did a far less than stellar job in going over the Spyder. There was a PDI checklist and Warranty Registration sheet that should have been gone over, and that you needed to sign. You can also download the manual online at the BRP site. :welcome: