PDA

View Full Version : Shark Evoline Series 3 Helmet --anyone know where I can buy one in the USA ?

kawakii
04-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm interested in a Shark Evoline Series 3 helmet but it seems like the USA distributors only sell the series 2, was wondering if anyone knows of a distributors in the USA who sells Shark helmets that can order the series 3 instead of 2. There have been improvements in noise reduction since the series 2 and I like the Shark helmets and if I'm going to invest in one I'd like it to be the most recent 2012 model.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated :)

Oldmanzues
04-17-2012, 09:15 AM
I try to buy local to keep good relations with dealers, even if costs couple dollars more. Way more, different stories
I bought mine at Competion Asssories store in Springfield, Ohio. The online "store" is a different company.
You might try Iron Pony in Columbes, Ohio for mail order. They have physical store there as well. It is huge.
Good luck,
Oldmanzues

Arr MiHardies
04-17-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm interested in a Shark Evoline Series 3 helmet but it seems like the USA distributors only sell the series 2, was wondering if anyone knows of a distributors in the USA who sells Shark helmets that can order the series 3 instead of 2. There have been improvements in noise reduction since the series 2 and I like the Shark helmets and if I'm going to invest in one I'd like it to be the most recent 2012 model.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated :)

None of my local stores have any sharks at all. Seems the distributors can't get them.

kawakii
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Same problem around here no one seems to carry Shark helmets, and finding a usa distributor who carries the series 3 has been impossible :(

Riker
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Did you check Revzilla... I am also watching that helmet :)

Derek Paisley
04-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I was looking to Pick Up a Shark Helmet this past weekend here in Ontario.

Went to GPBikes (as they had a few in Stock).

My observations.

When viewed online, they looked great and gave me the Full Modular experience.. Was very excited to see/Try them on in person.

Very flimsy feel to them.. Nothing like what I had expected...
I confidently moved away from the notion that I was going to leave with a Shark Helmet.

In the end I opted for a Modular from Nolan. The 2011 Outlaw model.
I've got a Big head; it fit the best amonst all the brands I tried on.

:>

kawakii
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Did you check Revzilla... I am also watching that helmet :)

yes, I have Revzilla has the 2011 series 2 helmet.

M109Dreamer
04-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I have the series 1. When they first came out. Got mine from Cyclegear. I would try them and see if they can order it for you. The wife is wanting one now and thats who I will be buying it from.

kawakii
04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I was looking to Pick Up a Shark Helmet this past weekend here in Ontario.

Went to GPBikes (as they had a few in Stock).

My observations.

When viewed online, they looked great and gave me the Full Modular experience.. Was very excited to see/Try them on in person.

Very flimsy feel to them.. Nothing like what I had expected...
I confidently moved away from the notion that I was going to leave with a Shark Helmet.

In the end I opted for a Modular from Nolan. The 2011 Outlaw model.
I've got a Big head; it fit the best amonst all the brands I tried on.

:>

Thanks. I have tried on the Nolan helmet and it's nice and I like it alot but my problem with it is that you cant ride with it up in it's modular state. I want the shark for it's conveince of being a full face helmet and a half helmet that I can ride with in either form. We have Shark helmets just not the modular and like them. I just refuse to buy last years model and right now the only way I can find to get the current series 3 model is to buy it and have shipped internationally :(

bcoulter19
04-17-2012, 02:54 PM
here is the only U.S. dealer listed on the Sharks helmet site. site.

Pacific Powersports, INC
38340-F Innovation Court, suite 609
CA 92563 Murrieta
tél : (951) 698-7878
Fax : (951) 698-7588

bcoulter19
04-17-2012, 03:05 PM
It also looks like Shoei makes a nice modular helmet the multitec.

kawakii
04-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank bclouter19 -- Shark seems to be the only modular helmet that can be ridden as a full face and half helmet on the road with the pieces still all connected but I will check it out again in case I'm mistaken Good to have other options :). I Ihave written Pacific Motorsports and asked if they can get a Series 3 Shark helmet, alot of online stores sell Shark as well but only carry the series 2 not 3 for some reason. Shark is not as popular in the USA as it is in other countries--disappointing.

bcoulter19
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I was looking because I am interested in a modular helmet because I wear glasses and it looks like it will be much easier getting hte helmet on and off. I want have to take my glasses off everytime I either put it on or take it off. I hadn't thought about riding with the chin and shield in the up position.

kawakii
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Ugg.. just called Pacific Powersports and they no longer carry any Shark helmets :( Bummer. Looks like I'm going to have to have one shipped from overseas if I want it unless I settle for the series 2 instead of 3. Would hate to have to order a series 2 from a usa online dealer because the series 3 have been upgraded to open easier, be lighter and have reduced wind noise, plus they have done more with luminescent ink. Guess I need to start looking for a company that'll ship and is priced okay including the cost of shipping.

Thanks Everyone for helping.

KipDM
04-17-2012, 07:24 PM
there is one HUGE helmet distributor for the US (don't remember name) and MOST stores buy from them. they quit carrying Shark for the US.
they sold well but dropped because they could not meet demand.

in have an EvoLine series 2 helmet and also wear glasses.
let me tell you you HAVE to take off your glasses to get this helmet off (and its a fair amount more work to put it on with glasses on).

i also have a Nolan N43 (last yrs, not this years) and it easily goes on and off with glasses on.

skeetshooter
04-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Check the roof boxer on ebay love mine + free shipping.Not DOT but label maker fixed that,did pass snell test.

bcoulter19
04-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm looking at the new Shoei neotec.

Trickie Dick
04-17-2012, 08:27 PM
there is one HUGE helmet distributor for the US (don't remember name) and MOST stores buy from them. they quit carrying Shark for the US.
they sold well but dropped because they could not meet demand.

in have an EvoLine series 2 helmet and also wear glasses.
let me tell you you HAVE to take off your glasses to get this helmet off (and its a fair amount more work to put it on with glasses on).

i also have a Nolan N43 (last yrs, not this years) and it easily goes on and off with glasses on.

Tucker Rocky is the Shark distributor.

Trickie Dick
04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
I think Baja Ron carries Shark. Maybe he can get you one. :dontknow:

kawakii
04-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Bajaron doesn't sell Shark anymore, his distributor decided to drop them as a company. :( Boo.

Trickie Dick
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Bajaron doesn't sell Shark anymore, his distributor decided to drop them as a company. :( Boo.

Knowing Ron, I bet he could still get one:spyder:

kawakii
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Trickiedick -- spoke to Bajaron and he says unfortunately he can't help on this one. Ron did mention that sometimes helmets are a little behind in the U.S so the Evoline 3 might take a couple months to catch up and be sold in the U.S.
I did e-mail Shark so hopefully they'll have some answers for me.

Dochands
05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Tucker Rocky is the distributor. The same people who distribute First Gear. Apparently the helmet is going to be hard to find in the US. Maybe it's our bigoted France thing.

I might try and order from a UK site. You might try writing Shark directly. When I was told no parts were available I wrote them and they sent me anything I needed for free under the five year warranty. I think the company is a good one. I think its a distributor thing.

BTW for me this is the best helmet I have ever owned even though I rarely use it as half face. I have a version 2.

Dochands
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cart/US

Advise you use a credit card that waves Foreign Transaction Fees. Hope this helps.

kawakii
05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks Dochands !

We talked to Shark directly and were told that we'd see places like Revzilla carry the Evoline series 3 sometime in July. If we don't see it by the end of July we will definitely be ordering it from overseas --Shark is a great company in our eyes and we love them for helmets.

Lamonster
05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Had a Shark awhile back and fyi it's made more for a round head than a football head like mine. It gave me a terrible headache from the pressure on my forehead.:banghead:
:doorag:

Dochands
05-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Lamonster is totally right and it was something I never took into account before. My Shoei gave me headaches. Head shape is really important when choosing a helmet.

Good to know Revzilla will have them soon.

Oldmanzues
05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a series two and love it. ( I guess that makes me a roundhead). I use it as a full face most of the time, but for slow speed, PGR Missions, open face. It still looks okay to the "public".
I would stress what Lamonster said. Some helmet makers use "football" or use some other shape. One persons comfort is anothers headache.
Oldmanzues

flamingobabe
05-10-2012, 03:53 PM
hotglue purchased a Shark in Minnesota...near Apple Valley 2 years ago...same place sold Spyders.....he loves his Shark

elixermixer
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Don't know where to buy series 3 yet I think euro market gets first dibs before it gets to us. As far as fit.... I love my rsr2 but then again one reason I went with them is my round head :) they are a great helmet but fit is king and they are all different

hotglue
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
hotglue purchased a Shark in Minnesota...near Apple Valley 2 years ago...same place sold Spyders.....he loves his Shark
Yeah.... but my head is a lot longer than it is wide.....
used a spoon and ball peen hammer to compress the foam in the front of the helmet... it did leave a raw red spot on my forehead...
I need replacement inside dark and outside clear visors... have email Shark with 'no joy'....