PDA

View Full Version : Finally Picked it up

ElZorroRides
04-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Happy to report that we picked up our new RT on Saturday. The delivery went well in spite of the fact that our salesman quit his job the night before and didn't tell the owner that he was quitting or that we were coming in to pick up the bike. Luckily, the parts/service manager had completed the install of the extra LED lighting and highway pegs we ordered and had the bike ready knowing we were coming in sooner or later. The Shop owner admitted he was caught off guard by the salesman and us too but, he did a great job with getting things together and conducting the delivery making sure to go over every inch of the machine with us.

He took charge and reviewed the deal to be sure everything was in order. The salesman told us the bike was equipped with the XM Satellite but it turns out it wasn't so the owner is ordering that up for us at no charge. He's called us twice already to see that all is well which so far it is. He's giving us our first service for free to make up for any inconvenience.

What can I say about the RT except that it's just a great machine. 176 miles on Saturday and another 112 Sunday and it's been a blast. My wife has already tried her hand at it albeit just in an undeveloped community with no traffic but she's catching on very well. She got her endorsement years ago but never got to ride afterward so it's all new to her again. Even "Zorro" our 6lbs Chihuahua got in on the act for his first ride yesterday and he's a natural...lol.

Haven't taken any pics yet as we've been enjoying the riding so still need to do that and soon. I will post them right after. So, it's been since 2000 since we had our last bike. we can't believe how much we've missed this. Well never again will we go without one. Fact is, we might get another at some point soon. :ohyea:

SpyderAnn01
04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
:clap::clap:

rogerb
04-17-2012, 12:04 AM
:welcome::congrats: Another in the near future is a very common phrase with spyder owners.

Saluda
04-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Congrats & best of luck.

NancysToy
04-17-2012, 06:06 AM
:congrats: Might I suggest a few sessions in an empty parking lot for both of you? There is an excellent skills course in the manual. A few soccer cones or some tennis balls cut in half can lay out a practice course. Getting the feel for the Spyder and practicing avoidance and emergency techniques in a non-threatening location is a good idea. It makes you both better, more confident riders. I have been riding motorcycles and Spyders a long time, but I still do some parking lot practice periodically.

bullant12
04-17-2012, 07:46 AM
:welcome:&:congrats:

ARtraveler
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
:congrats: on the new ryde. :welcome: Good advice from Scotty on the parking lot practice. The first 1000 miles or so on any new motorcycle can be dangerous due to unfamiliarity with the vehicle.

Buttsy
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Congrats sounds like your dealer is "stepping up" and looking after you. Have fun and watch out you can get "Grin Wrinkles" developing from the corners of your mouth!:D:D

ElZorroRides
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
:congrats: Might I suggest a few sessions in an empty parking lot for both of you? There is an excellent skills course in the manual. A few soccer cones or some tennis balls cut in half can lay out a practice course. Getting the feel for the Spyder and practicing avoidance and emergency techniques in a non-threatening location is a good idea. It makes you both better, more confident riders. I have been riding motorcycles and Spyders a long time, but I still do some parking lot practice periodically.

That's great advice and I will follow it too. Don't want any issues that I could avoid with a little practice. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

SpyderMeLucky
04-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome -- love to hear about new riders (for the Spyder). :yes::clap:

Your dog is really gonna love it, too.:ohyea:

wolfe
04-17-2012, 11:11 AM
:yes::yes::clap::ohyea:

Bob Denman
04-17-2012, 11:32 AM
So when are you going to start adding "a few little things" to personalize your Spyder?? :yes::ohyea:
:congrats: Glad to hear that the owner stepped up to the plate when the salesman quit! :thumbup:

smurfette
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
:clap:Congratulations and welcome:welcome: