PDA

View Full Version : BRP parts department you suck! Great bike bad bad bad bad customer service

nyfdtsdemt
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Today i goto fix my BRP Sportrack.........cause the lovely cable snapped again!!!! UGH!!!

When i go to put in the cable into the latch assembly..........

Snap it goes

I call the dealer he say dude your gonna be pissed

I say why??????

Part not sold by BRP.........have to buy a whole new sport rack 434.67 please and oh BTW 1 week..

KewlMetal here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastfraser
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Had the same with the rear licence plate light . Lost the cover and had to buy the whole unit.

docdoru
04-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Had the same with the rear licence plate light . Lost the cover and had to buy the whole unit.
For RS? http://www.esicycleproducts.com/doublefeaturetaillens.html

fastfraser
04-16-2012, 08:55 PM
For RS? http://www.esicycleproducts.com/doublefeaturetaillens.html

I did better than that I went to my locale dealer and bought an RTS Limited last year and it solved my tail light problem for just a tad over 31,000 bucks .:yikes: :yikes: :roflblack:

Buttsy
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I think sadly as consumers this scenario will be happening more and more as time goes on? The problem is very few actually manufacture anything anymore. They source parts from vendors all over the world and then assemble. The problem happens when the vendor in an attempt to build it as cheap as they possibly can refuse to carry inventory of their sub assemblies and say.......nope just the complete assembly is available. It costs money to inventory seperate items and pick and ship parts. Just think what is cheaper to the vendor and the manufacturer, stock one light assembly or stock and process 13 parts that make the one light?

My pet peeve is the electronics industry..............sure a TV has gone way down in price over the last 10-15 years. However they have become a "throw away" item that needs replaced every 5-7 years if your lucky? Try and get one fixed anymore..........its become cost inhibitive. Why because you don't repair an electronic board you throw it out and put a new one in.

Thank goodness we introduced "recycling" otherwise where would we find the space to put all this throw away garbage?

coz
04-16-2012, 09:13 PM
i think i

would try to adapt some type of bicycle cable, brake or shifter. if mine ever breaks, that's where i'll start.:gaah: