PDA

View Full Version : Gps to helmet

Mspiv
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Just picked up the 2012 Rt limited. Had the dealer add the cb/comm setup.
i road it home and noticed that I never heard the GPS in the helmet.

I hear the radio in the headset, I have the external speakers turned off and the helmet turned on to mix. Am I missing something here?

P.s. this is a very fun machine to drive. But as a 2wheeler, I find e lateral forces disconcerting and the steering sensitivity at highway speeds to be bothersome . I suppose I will get used to it , that is if my wife will let me drive.

stevedfive
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
You are suppose to hear the GPS in the helmet if you have the BRP CB system. Is the volume on GPS turned up?

Mspiv
04-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Well I didn't really fix it, I sort a figured it out. Also figure out how to turn off the external speakers.

Thanks for the reply it got me looking

MarkLawson
04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Duck, you'll need to unlearn how to steer a two-wheeler, which uses counter-steering. The Spyder doesn't lean so counter-steering makes you go the opposite way you intend. This steers like a 4-wheeler. Steer in the direction you want to go.

Mspiv
04-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Thanks Mark
i got the no counter steer part. I do find the lateral forces disconcerting but I guess I'll get used to that.

It did seem that keeping in a straight line was difficult maybe I was holding it to tight.

Only 65 miles so far so the best is yet to come.

Dont get me wrong, I had a blast!!!

gmcgarrity
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I came off a Wing and the first few weeks could feel every bump and high point of the road.
I had too tight a grip
going into the turns i was again too sensitive to counter steering and felt i was going to not make the turn
what I did was ride the same turns several times and found the comfort level come up.

yes you need some body English but it varies.

i now have 6ooo miles in9 months and drive the interstate with one hand no problem

it takes time to break old habits but it does get better with time.

ride safe
geo

billythekidd
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I also came from years of 2 wheels. What I have found and other have mentioned here as well is that ex. you are making a sharp left turn pull your left leg in so that it is touching the seat by the tank and the forces on that turn that make one feel like you are going to the right are migigated for the most part. It really helped me and I now take the turns like I used to on my wing (60 in a 30 turn) and such.

willy

Sonrisa
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
On 2 wheels you are counter acting the centrifical forces by leaning into the turn. Previous comment about putting your "turn" leg into the seat allows you to keep centrifical forces to a minimum. Remember left leg turning left--right leg turning right. Keep riding it gets better and better!
:clap::clap:

MelSpyderryder
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
I have found that if you stand on the outside peg, it takes a lot of the stress off your inside leg. Try it, you will like it.
:yes:

Mspiv
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
It is already getting better. Thanks for the tips .

Now , when do you shift an SE?

stevedfive
04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I shift between 4000-5000 rpm

Jbiancolli
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Well I didn't really fix it, I sort a figured it out. Also figure out how to turn off the external speakers.

Thanks for the reply it got me looking
Hint to a new 2012 rt owner with the same issue. What did you do?

Mspiv
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Joe
couple of things. Make sure the audio headsetis set to mix.turn the audio Speakers to off. Can be turned on later. Turn up the volume.

Oh yeah. Make sure the volumeis up on the GPS.

That should do it

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Joe
couple of things. Make sure the audio headsetis set to mix.turn the audio Speakers to off. Can be turned on later. Turn up the volume.

That should do it
No luck. I am not even getting GPS through external speakers. Once I connect to the trike no audio from gps. When portable internal speaker works. Radio is fine. Ideas? Or is a dealer trip in my future. It's 60 miles away.

Mspiv
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry this might be a foolish question but do you e added CB AND COMMUNICATIONS PAackage?

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Sorry this might be a foolish question but do you e added CB AND COMMUNICATIONS PAackage?
Yes and the entertainment harness and the cell phone interface and the passanger PTT all added by the dealer

x-winger
04-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes and the entertainment harness and the cell phone interface and the passanger PTT all added by the dealer

I noticed that you are located not far from me. May I ask where you bought your Spyder?

Thanks,
Ed

Jbiancolli
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I noticed that you are located not far from me. May I ask where you bought your Spyder?

Thanks,
Ed
Rydersville cycle

pwilbarger
04-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Joe

That should do it

I have same problem. Settings are as stated above. GPS volume at 100%. Just went out and played with it some more and could not get GPS thru helmet headset, only thru external speakers. It worked for a while during Spyderfest but now only thru ex. spkrs.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevedfive
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
I had the same problem on my '10 RT and BRP advised my dealer to change out the CB antenna and antenna ground strap, and "BAM" it was fixed!

pwilbarger
05-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I had the same problem on my '10 RT and BRP advised my dealer to change out the CB antenna and antenna ground strap, and "BAM" it was fixed!
This fixes the GPS problem? Who wudda thunk that?

Mspiv
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Congratulations on getting it to work.