PDA

View Full Version : Who would you take your spyder to in So cal for repairs, coverd under B.E.S.T

CantWalk:)
04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
She wont start and I have to have it towed. Any suggestions based on experiance?

fastfraser
04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Is your kill switch on ? Did you put your foot on the brake when pressing the starter. Did you press the mode switch ?:dontknow: A little more info why it won't start or what is happening and we might save you a trip to the Dealer/Stealer .

gln2
04-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I would take it to Del Amo Motorsports in Redondo Beach They have a great spyder mech, along with wonderful cust service. They are a major dealer of spyders or you can call them at 310-220-2223

joet82
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I haven't had any problems with Simi Valley Honda in Simi Valley and B&B Cycles in Victorville (only have taken my quad to either of them-not the Spyder)

Haven't been to any in the La valley area, but have heard good things of Bert's Mega Mall in Covina, and have heard mixed things on Del Amo in Redondo Beach.

04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Well used the hand brake, but yes the brake was on and everything else was checked as well, even replaced the old battery.

Is your kill switch on ? Did you put your foot on the brake when pressing the starter. Did you press the mode switch ?:dontknow: A little more info why it won't start or what is happening and we might save you a trip to the Dealer/Stealer .

04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Ended up getting it towed to Bert's...talk about eye candy of a shop and showroom. I would rather go there and look a round than to a stip clup...

I haven't had any problems with Simi Valley Honda in Simi Valley and B&B Cycles in Victorville (only have taken my quad to either of them-not the Spyder)

Haven't been to any in the La valley area, but have heard good things of Bert's Mega Mall in Covina, and have heard mixed things on Del Amo in Redondo Beach.

aka1004
04-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Bert's have good mechanic and plenty of toys to look and play with but has most expensive shop , I think.
I will try to fix spyder myself before I take my spyder to del amo...

TicketBait
04-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Bert's have good mechanic and plenty of toys to look and play with but has most expensive shop , I think.
I will try to fix spyder myself before I take my spyder to del amo...

He is having work done under warranty,so cost isn't an issue. As far as DelAmo Motorsports, They have done terrific work on my bike. There head mechanic Fernando is one of the best but usually only gets involved on the serious/ toughest issues. He has taken All Can-Am spyder courses. Berts, has done work on my bike and I was happy with them too. I do not personally know the mechanics there.

aka1004
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
I bought my spyder from del amo, accidentally, went in to buy a cbr...
I know Fernando and most of shop people, if they are still there.
I've talked to owner of that place, I forget his name, my spider never got fixed right and they cheated me on 12000 mile service. when i confronted kid that ive seen working on my spyder, he confessed that things on the list was not done and when I confronted Fernando about it, he got very defensive and said parts were not in stock yet spyder was released to me without mentioning what was not done, yes I paid full price for everything.
I took spyder back and supposedly they drained coolant and checked valve clearance but who knows... They did 600, 6000 and 12000 service and had me wonder what they have really done. I knew far less back than what I know now...
Never saw that kid again thou. I am guessing he got canned for confessing.