PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt ???

bignose13
04-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Forgive me if this has been posted before..a seat belt. how many people do this:yikes:

jvicker
04-15-2012, 11:37 PM
:lecturef_smilie:

wyliec
04-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Seriously?

bignose13
04-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I like the riding shoes too:shocked:

Forgive me if this has been posted before..a seat belt. how many people do this:yikes:

ARtraveler
04-15-2012, 11:42 PM
The set up as shown guarantees a face plant on the spyder. But--to each their own.

JCSMOKE
04-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Looks like something a wife might require to be able to have a spyder.

Grandpa Spyder
04-16-2012, 04:32 AM
He wares a seat belt, but no helmet :roflblack:

NancysToy
04-16-2012, 06:40 AM

He wares a seat belt, but no helmet :roflblack:

...and no gloves, short sleeves, and a front tire that looks to be low on air.

Bob Denman
04-16-2012, 06:42 AM
:yikes: There's something wrong with that picture... Besides all that Scotty noticed!

zrc
04-16-2012, 06:47 AM
WTH... Who powder coats the front 2 wheel rims and not the back one. This guy is crazy.

BajaRon
04-16-2012, 06:50 AM
Death Wish!

arntufun
04-16-2012, 06:56 AM
WTH... Who powder coats the front 2 wheel rims and not the back one. This guy is crazy.

Bite your tounge !!!! :roflblack::roflblack: Thats what I had done last year before I finished the rest for this year.

Bob Denman
04-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Looking at that guy and making some assumpitions... I'd guess that the "powdercoat"on those front hoops came out of a rattle-can from the hardware store... :roflblack:

SteveMac
04-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Bite your tounge !!!! :roflblack::roflblack: Thats what I had done last year before I finished the rest for this year.

Ditto here! Ran out of time. Getting ready for Spyderfest and a nasty thing called the day job interfered!!!! It is the first mod for the upcoming winter though!

chickridin
04-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Seriously???? :hun:

chickridin
04-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Looks like something a wife might require to be able to have a spyder.

Hey....be nice. :lecturef_smilie:

mowin
04-16-2012, 07:30 AM
I'm not thinking so, but maybee hes has a medical issue. Maybee partally paralized??:dontknow:

arntufun
04-16-2012, 07:34 AM

...and no gloves, short sleeves, and a front tire that looks to be low on air.

Whats wrong with his riding gear ??? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Well if he looked like Holly; I'd have said, "Nothing..." :roflblack:

Bytemi
04-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Everytime I get on my Spyder I think, oh seat belt and then follow that up with, no you want to dismount the bike if it gets hit by something. That is what the helmet, gloves, boots, pants and jacket are for, I want to keep my skin!

NancysToy
04-16-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm not thinking so, but maybee hes has a medical issue. Maybee partally paralized??:dontknow:
:thumbup: Best explanation I've heard. It is still no excuse for the lack of basic safety gear, however. :lecturef_smilie:

dave01
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Sunglasses and sunscreen, thats all you need for a great days ride. I have a nanny, VSS, DPS, TCC, ABS and SCS to take care of the rest.:joke::joke:

And, if worse comes to worse, I have BEST and AAA to help me out.

Firefly
04-16-2012, 11:41 AM

That was my first thought also. I know that some enabled Spyder owners use similar methods to hold them in place.

bluestratos
04-16-2012, 12:05 PM
That was my first thought also. I know that some enabled Spyder owners use similar methods to hold them in place.

I am working on a seat belt that will keep straight agains my back rest but is secucured by velcro buckle. Just enough to keep me striagnt for pain relief but weak enought that will open up with little forward motion. The leather seat (Corben) is very slippery and I tend to slip forward while driving which puts my lower back in a curve.

effgjamis
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
The only one I have seen is Seth....:bowdown:

Firefly
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I am working on a seat belt that will keep straight agains my back rest but is secucured by velcro buckle. Just enough to keep me striagnt for pain relief but weak enought that will open up with little forward motion. The leather seat (Corben) is very slippery and I tend to slip forward while driving which puts my lower back in a curve.

My Corbin was like that also... give it a few thousand miles and it should break-in and not have you sliding forward... at least that's how mine worked out.

Bob Denman
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM
:thumbup: Best explanation I've heard. It is still no excuse for the lack of basic safety gear, however. :lecturef_smilie:
Maybe the lack of basic safety gear is why he might NEED the belt??? :shocked:

boborgera
04-16-2012, 03:47 PM
A few times i forgot to unplug my heated jacket before i dismounted, If i had a seat belt I'll probably brake my back.:yikes:

bignose13
04-16-2012, 07:50 PM
in this photo you can make out the plate..looks like dutch to me..
But still no excuse...My 8 year did ask me where the seat belt was when she got on the first time...but she is eight.

kawakii
04-16-2012, 11:27 PM
We use a breakaway seatbelt for me on our Spyder since I'm paralysed from the waist down but I don't see why this guy is wearing one and why the hell it is connected to the back passenger handlebars. He doesn't look disabled but who knows some disabilities you can't see, he may have balence issues. don't know. That seatbelt also wouldn't hold him in place, just prevent from going forward. Mine goes across my thighs to keep my legs in place, couldn't imagine it around my waist connected to the back handle bars. One short stop and you'd have a very uncomfortable stomach ache.

bignose13
04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree with you, for people with disabilities it is an option.anything that helps people get on the road is great..but in this case i think it is just plain dangerous.

We use a breakaway seatbelt for me on our Spyder since I'm paralysed from the waist down but I don't see why this guy is wearing one and why the hell it is connected to the back passenger handlebars. He doesn't look disabled but who knows some disabilities you can't see, he may have balence issues. don't know. That seatbelt also wouldn't hold him in place, just prevent from going forward. Mine goes across my thighs to keep my legs in place, couldn't imagine it around my waist connected to the back handle bars. One short stop and you'd have a very uncomfortable stomach ache.

Sny
04-17-2012, 07:37 AM
:dontknow:
You wanna put baby butt graphics all over your ride and call it a portable diaper changer, go for it if that's what you want.

It's his ride. Whatever works, he has his own reasons. Who am I to judge?

mowin
04-17-2012, 08:17 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43852&d=1334550671

Sorry at this point I'm not buying that. No chair, no walker, no cane. I'm just putting him down as a moron or a soon to be statistic. http://planetsmilies.net/ill-violated-dead-smiley-9436.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

Ya, I not thinkin he has a major dissability, but ya never know.. I do agree it dosnt look safe IF he gets into a accident. or has to stop quick. It's there for a reason...I find it hard to belive he added it if he didnt need it...