PDA

View Full Version : Demo Ride Participation: What made you buy a Spyder?

Snoop
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Last weekend I participated in the CAM-AM Demo Ride Event at Firebird Raceway Park in Phoenix. I drove the RT around the track and loved it. The performance was very good. Had to get accustom to taking the truns by leaning a bit while turning the handle bars. It was also a little strange not having to use a clutch for shifting gears.

I think the ride sealed the deal for me. I'm now seriously considering buying the RT. Can any of you in AZ tell me how you came to the decision of buying your spyders?

SpyderAnn01
04-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm not in AZ but that was where I first rode a Spyder and the test drive sold me on one also. I also test drove the semi auto and thought it was strange. I ended up buying the manual.

joet82
04-16-2012, 01:09 AM
I was on the BRP mailing list after I bought my 2008 DS450X (sport quad) and immediatly told myself I was going to buy one. 2 years later, I left the dealership with one. 37000 miles later, I have never looked back....except when going in reverse.

dannymax
04-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Well....when my nitrous V Max toppled over pinning me to the driveway (because my knees just wouldn't straighten in time for me to plant a foot) I began to think seriously about a 'non-toppling' machine.

After a couple months of option shopping I settled on a :ani29: and sold the juiced up Max!

azrn8285
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I was a back seat rider on 2 wheels and also have a quad. When my Harley ride disappeared into the sunset I still wanted to ride but on my terms with my bike. I didn't want to deal with holding my bike up or having it fall over. The seat was better on the RT than the RS for me. My brother an avid snowmobiler and past bike rider thought the Spyder safety features would be good for me. So off I went........:clap: Now if I could get to track as well as the RS I drove Sat I would be in heaven. Good mechanics are not easy to find and I am in AZ. I am still hanging in there cause I really like driving it and there are some great riding groups out here. I have met so many nice people and hey I am a Road Captain but really prefer sweep. It opens a whole new door to new adventures!:yes:

Well....when my nitrous V Max toppled over pinning me to the driveway (because my knees just wouldn't straighten in time for me to plant a foot) I began to think seriously about a 'non-toppling' machine.

After a couple months of option shopping I settled on a :ani29: and sold the juiced up Max!