PDA

View Full Version : New Phoenix Area Spyder Lover

MidLifeCrisis
04-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi all:)

New to the site and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Been reading the posts for a couple of weeks now and this place seems pretty friendly, so I figured I'd join you. If someone would have told me I'd be looking to get a Spyder two months ago, I would have fallen off my chair laughing, but my wife came up with the idea and I thought she her mind was taken over by aliens! She's had a no motorized two wheelers, because people drive like crap policy as long as I've known her, so the thought of a Spyder never crossed my mind. But hey, who am I to argue with the boss!?:yes:

I really did think she had gone out of her mind, but then after thinking about it for a while I came to the conclusion, if we could ride our pedal bikes in traffic with nothing more than spandex and a foam helmet (okay bad visual for you non cycling types:yikes:), then why couldn't we do it with some real gear. I've waited long enough for her to change her mind, but she seems pretty set, so I'm actually getting excited. Everyone at work thinks I've lost my mind too and keeps blaming it on mid life crisis, so there's the origin of my user name. They all think I should get a hotrod or a convertible, till this "thing" passes, so I guess they all think it's out of character for me too.

I've read how so many people hate the Spyder and think it's a bike for wimps, not a real bike and a slew of other profanities I can't repeat, but it makes the rebel in me want one even more.

I see there's an Arizona chapter on this forum, but the only time I've ever seen a Spyder first hand is in the commercials and show room floors. We're getting our licenses soon, so I'll actually be able to take one out for a ride. Can't for a second imagine not liking it. I rode dirt bikes and ATVs years ago, so I'm not totally ignorant to twisting a throttle. Anyway, when I search this area, all dealers appear to be owned by one of two people, so it seems our prices are higher than those I see advertised elsewhere. I'm guessing, they won't have a ton of motivation to negotiate.:(

If any of you Arizona riders have worked with a good dealer, please chime in. If there are other ways to buy a Spder, I'm open to that too. The wife is pretty set on a Limited, but I think the RT-S will be a great ride too. I'll be checking the forums and adds pretty regularly, but figured I'd ask, just in case someone had a better option.

Hopefully, we'll be startling one of these bad babies pretty soon, so we can get out and meet a few Spyder Lovers....can't wait

8LEGS
04-15-2012, 08:35 AM
:welcome: You have came to the right place!

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins...Mike.. :congrats:...:agree:...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Hey, this is the ultimate convertible and a hot rod to boot...if you drive it like a CAR albeit with only three wheels you will have a much shorter learning curve....Just take your time while learning and I would go solo at first.....the two up dynamics are somewhat different ,not much but the embarrassment moments are best suffered alone ;).....ENJOY.....Mike

spyderrock
04-15-2012, 09:10 AM
welcome to the greatest place on the web and!!!! SPANDEX:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: is only allowed if you wear it under your jeans :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.

Derek Paisley
04-15-2012, 09:40 AM
I feel for you 100% in relation to all the ignorant comments..

That is until they see it and are like..."Hmmmm...Actually it's a lot different then I thought......... (I can totally ride this beast)....."
I found they see the awesomeness in it a lot quicker then you'd expect

Welcome!!!!!

MidLifeCrisis
04-15-2012, 09:47 AM
welcome to the greatest place on the web and!!!! SPANDEX:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: is only allowed if you wear it under your jeans :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.

That gives me an idea for my Avatar.:roflblack: