PDA

View Full Version : For the Spyderfest Virgins????

joe schmoe
04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
OK, Betty Boop and I have never done a Spyderfest event/rally...I will be on 2 wheels..No, not sideways on a Spyder :yikes:...I'll be on my Victory Vision and she'll be on her Spyder :spyder2: (Betty Boop).

First question is; what would be the best ride for a motorcycle to take? I have seen all the Spyderfest rides but don't have a clue is to which is a good ride...For a motorcycle, that is? When we were out there get buy Betty it seemed the roads we were on were all fairly straight and level...No real good twisties...But we're from East TN so it's hard to find better twisties than here at home....Plus we got rained out when Len was going to take us on a tour of Missouri :banghead:

Betty Boop will take the Lady's ryde I suspect, but she'll choose her own rides, I really don't know what she's planning...Just wondering which ones would be fun for us 2 wheel riders at Spyderfest...

Second question; will vendors be doing installs during the event? Betty Boop MIGHT be getting a GPS installed by the great folks at Cowtown or who knows she might change her mind for some COOL LED's for her ryde...

SpyderAnn01
04-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't know which ride you would like the best but I just wanted to say that the roads around Cuba were very nice with curves and hills. Not TN but very nice. Also there will be vendors doing installs. Spyderfest is great fun and I'm sure you and Betty Boop will love it. Make sure you do a passport ride that was a lot of fun last year.

joe schmoe
04-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Make sure you do a passport ride that was a lot of fun last year.

Yeah, thats another thing...Can someone explain the concept to a passport ride??? What's involved with it? I've done poker runs, parade rides...but never a passport ride.

SpyderAnn01
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
YOu buy a passport and they give you the locations of the participating places. You visit each and get your passport stamped. On Saturday (I think) you turn them in and you are eligible for prizes. The money goes to Friday Backpack Charity which is great. The participating business last year ranged from the giant Rocking Chair place to wineries and restaurants. We rode on Wed and Thurs last year and got all the stops and a few extras.

SpyderMeLucky
04-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I think the Elephant Rock ride would be a good one for your 2 -wheeler. There are twisties in the state park upon the return trip plus some along the way down to there. Most of Missouri rural roads are rolling hills with curves, some pretty sharp, and some of the hills are like roller coasters high with deep drops --Nothing like the Dragon's constant turns, though.

Last year on our last group ride, it started out pretty mild, with mostly straight roads, then along came some curves. Once we got to the State Park, many curves and up and down. I was pretty new to riding ANY kind of bike so I was one of those who slowed way down as I approached the curves. I've ridden so much more in the year, I have more confidence. LOL

You might want to read about the rides on their threads. There's a lot of info on them especially from those that have ridden them before. I heard from the people who rode the Elephant Rock ride last year that it was TWISTY.

Hope I've helped.

pitbull
04-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Run the passport routs, or any of the rides you should be good, the main roads are straight but we have good twisties, promise we can make your nanny go what the :yikes: