PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Ride/Catfish Cabin Ride

glynnk
04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Cypress Spyder folks meet at the Randall's gas/convenience store on 290 and Barker Cypress this Sunday at 8:00 for departure to Tomball to meet up with other Chapter folks. Details of ride below--

508 Chapter Ride
When: Sunday, April 15, 2012
Where: Catfish Cabin, Jasper, TX

We will meet @ Tomball Burger Kingon the SE corner of FM 2920 and Business 249.
Meet up at 8:30AM, with KSU @ 9:00 AM
I will add theroute info
Pleasepost if you plan to go.
I will be watching the weatherand if questionable, a NO GO notice will be posted sometime late on the evening before theride, so be sure and check back before you head out.

Gasup your scoots and let’s ride.

twain
04-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Depends on weather Glynn, will watch and see

glynnk
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Depends on weather Glynn, will watch and see

Yeah, it's not looking too good for Sunday right now. Andy will post a go/no go note Saturday evening on the Delphi Chapter site. I'll repost whatever the decision is here as well.

Wish I could make the Saturday Pasadena ride, but I've got other plans (grading term papers...ugh).

Glynn

glynnk
04-14-2012, 10:52 PM
With forecast calling for 60% chance of rain tomorrow, Cypress Spyder folks are backing out of the Jasper ride tomorrow. I think it'll probably be cancelled although the FO hasn't posted anything yet. The morning looks like it'll be rain free so we're planning on meeting at Randall's at 9:00 tomorrow to ride up to Montgomery for breakfast possibly at the Old Montgopmery Steak House. If you're interested in joining us post here and I'll check back in the AM.

Glynn

glynnk
04-14-2012, 11:05 PM
SCRC First Officer just cancelled the Jasper ride.

Glynn

flamingobabe
04-15-2012, 08:01 AM
we took a ride yesterday with the Valkyries....strong wind...had to hang on or be blown off...but dry.....
hg's 1st Snook... chicken fried bacon
then he ordered a medium steak and ate it all
we have to work in the garden and around the place today ....getting ready for Spyderfest

hotglue
04-15-2012, 08:15 AM
One guy told me " my eyes were bigger than my stomach" I told him " NOBODY has eyes that big" LOL;)

conroe spyders
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Man does the Catfish Cabin bring back memories. My me-maw lived in Jasper, we ate there often! Let us know when it gets re-scheduled would love to go! Yesterday Spring Crawler, Twain & ourselves did the 100 club/Back the Badge ride. Never got a count but there was alot of us! Started at the Harley Place in Pasadena about 11 AM, ended at Sam Houston Horse track for a Wild Game Cook-off about 4. Us on the 3 Spyders were a big hit :thumbup:

PS- HG that chicken fried bacon looks & sounds wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!