PDA

View Full Version : May or June Georgia Spyder Riders Meet?

Yol Bolsun
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Folks:

We need to be thinking about a May or June Georgia Spyder Riders Meet. Do we have any volunteers to run with this? DaisyJoe? MikeinGA? Jeromeb? ANYONE?

Let's get out of the metro ATL area for a change.

MarkLawson
04-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I like it! Ready to see everyone again!

Daisyjoe
04-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Are we considering a two or three day event? Arrive on Friday, ride to Tybee beach on Saturday, stop at Uncle Bubba's for chow and our meeting (Paula Dean's brother's seafood restaurant) . Maybe stop on River street. Several nice motel accommodations at exit 94 (I-95). Very easy to get to River Street and Tybee from this location.

Just some ideas;)

sewnonnie
04-14-2012, 12:52 PM
Are we considering a two or three day event? Arrive on Friday, ride to Tybee beach on Saturday, stop at Uncle Bubba's for chow and our meeting (Paula Dean's brother's seafood restaurant) . Maybe stop on River street. Several nice motel accommodations at exit 94 (I-95). Very easy to get to River Street and Tybee from this location.

Just some ideas;)

I think a Sat Sun would work for most people. For Keith and I, May 19-20 or June 2-3 or 9-10 work best; however, if there are better dates, anytime is fine. It sounds like a great plan...much better than what I had in mind. I have never spent anytime in the Savannah area and would love to do so. Are there any campgrounds in that area?

cracker
04-16-2012, 07:53 PM
We have no plans for May 19-20 sounds good. Hazel

MarkLawson
05-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Any status updates on the proposed Savannah trip?

Ga Blue Knight
05-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Anyone interested in another Augusta trip? Carolina Ale House, Camping at the Lake, great resturants, Cheap hotels, History Museum, Canal walk and Confederate Powder Works as well as Tomberlin Outdoor Can Am Dealer.

May 19 or June 2 for Sat to Sun.

Let me know.

MarkLawson
05-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Anyone interested in another Augusta trip? Carolina Ale House, Camping at the Lake, great resturants, Cheap hotels, History Museum, Canal walk and Confederate Powder Works as well as Tomberlin Outdoor Can Am Dealer.

May 19 or June 2 for Sat to Sun.

Let me know.

Don't know about that idea. There's this scary old and grouchy guy in the Augusta area... ;)

Cavman
05-06-2012, 12:49 PM
There is Skidaway Island State Park near Savannah that is a nice place to camp...at least in November when I've camped there, the last two years. Going again this November for the same Geocaching event and will be taking the Spyder. :yes:
There is a campground on Tybee Island too, just off the main drag behind the police station.

Someone may want to check both the Savannah and Tybee calendars for special events if we go there?
May 18, 2012 there is the Tybee Island Beach Bum Parade. wwwtybeeislandvisit.com It involves water and
people getting wet. Note: If you get a cop wet, you WILL go to jail.

Ga Blue Knight
05-07-2012, 05:07 AM
Don't know about that idea. There's this scary old and grouchy guy in the Augusta area... ;)

Its only scary when I think about how old and grouchy I am! You young whippersnapper!

By the way what's a whipper? And why do we snap it? Anyone know?

1morespyderrid
05-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Its only scary when I think about how old and grouchy I am! You young whippersnapper!

Where do you get your spyder serviced in Augusta

Ga Blue Knight
05-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Where do you get your spyder serviced in Augusta

I use Tombelin Outdoor Sports. They have new manager (Brad) who is really determined to provide customer service and their Can Am Mechanic, Chris, is BRP trained and is pretty good with trouble shooting issues and installing aftermarket items. They are a small store with only two mechanics but they do careful work that they stand behind. They also hosted a Ga Spyder Ryders ride last year and gave away gloves, tee shirts, a BRP leather jacket and other stuff. If you need regular service it is a good idea to call first and ask when would be a good time to bring your Spyder to them. Most cases you will get the regular maintenance work done same day. Their prices are on par with what I see here on the SL's for the southeast. Their phone number is. 706 860-5997 (tel:706 860-5997)

Call me if you need any more information, my phone number is in my profile.

Yol Bolsun
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM

an insignificant but pretentious or cheeky person, often a young one

Yol Bolsun
05-09-2012, 10:39 PM
So, are we going to get together in May or June? Or just crack jokes?

Cavman
05-10-2012, 08:09 AM
I was wondering the same thing?

Cavman
05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
......lalalala....Still waiting......lalalala......well? Who's in charge? :rolleyes:

I'm trying plan and we have no dates?

We could have a meeting outside at a pavilion? Or in a building at Skidaway Island State Park? Might be better there if there are bug issues. Another cool place is the Pirate House resturant in Savannah. Lots of history about that place. Lots of parking too.

May might be better because we have the owner's event in June to work around. It was said in January that we would be having the next meeting in May.

If we visit the Tybee Island area, I have this idea about a mini flash parade for someone?;)

Daisyjoe
05-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah:clap: Let's make something happen:ohyea: Suggestion #2: Room at exit #94. drive US 17 to Mudcat Charlie's Restaurant (great food and view) located

below Darien, Ga. on the Altamaha river. I checked and they have a room large enough for us to hold our meeting and eat with a view. Accommodates around

30 to 33 people. 2 miles below the restaurant is the Howlyfield (?) Plantation historic site. We could tour the site (there is an admission charge) or ride to

Jekyll Island ($5 admit fee) but pretty or Saint Simons Island. Also stop and check out the smallest church in America. A KOA campground is located at exit #87 and also a few motels. This is actually the US 17 exit. U.S. 17 is a very good bike road :yes:(but is there a bad one?). It runs parallel with I-95.

Cavman
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks Daiseyjoe. Those exits she mentioned are off I-95. Mudcat Charlie's is located at approx N31* 19.530' W081* 26.725' in the Brunswick area just above Saint Simons Island. The KOA looks to be about 50 miles North of Mudcat Charlie's.

So, do we have a date in mind? Weekend? Hello? Anyone there? :shocked:

Cavman
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Durango, CO?

MikeinGA
05-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Folks:

We need to be thinking about a May or June Georgia Spyder Riders Meet. Do we have any volunteers to run with this? DaisyJoe? MikeinGA? Jeromeb? ANYONE?

Let's get out of the metro ATL area for a change.

Just got back from Key West,Fl. It was a 10 days and 2,058 miles trip. I only saw three other Can-am's on the hole trip. We had fun and took some video of it Key's. I'll get back to you about the meeting. Got to cut the grass, pull weeds, and check out the Spyder.

Mike

Update. May, June, and July are booked with trips and I'm sorry to say that we will not be there.

Daisyjoe
05-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Let's ride guys as a group:clap: I noticed on other state forum sites the groups are riding together a lot. If not Savannah, pick another:ohyea::ohyea: location:pray:

Yol Bolsun
05-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Mel and I will not be available until July. If y'all are gonna do something, someone needs to take the lead a make it happen.

Something to think about, how about donations to show our appreciation to Sarah for doing the artwork for our Georgia Spyder Riders logo?