PDA

View Full Version : BRP calls!

rcdurango
04-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Found it interesting, BRP calls me yesterday about my Spyder. Guess they were doing a survey on how I liked my RT and what
improvements I would recommend. I was happy to help and gave them the good and the bad. Of course I have only the 2010 to
go by. Now I'm waiting for them to send me all the chrome for the bike because I was so helpful. LOL

MarkLawson
04-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Wouldn't that be nice!

Buttsy
04-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Found it interesting, BRP calls me yesterday about my Spyder. Guess they were doing a survey on how I liked my RT and what
improvements I would recommend. I was happy to help and gave them the good and the bad. Of course I have only the 2010 to
go by. Now I'm waiting for them to send me all the chrome for the bike because I was so helpful. LOL

You know we all at times scratch our heads as to what and why sometimes when we see companies behave in a certain manner. But I have to hand it to BRP....across all their product lines (Ski-Doo, ATV, Spyder, Boats) they are innovative, push the envelope, and actually do solicit the customers input on R&D matters.

This is where I get a kick out of the "Honda" faithful. They take a model and run with it, year after year, after year...................guess what you better have great reliability if basically you just build the same old same old.

I don't mind putting a little extra dollars into something that is "cutting edge", now sometimes that bites you in the butt with warranty updates and unexpected component failures but BRP makes up for it so many other ways!

Bob Denman
04-12-2012, 07:50 AM
:agree:

ARtraveler
04-12-2012, 10:47 AM
It is good that BRP is doing an owner survey about what we would like. Maybe someone could ressurect a couple old threads that covered the subject in detail and forward it to BRP R & D.

Bob Denman
04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
That is an EXCELLENT idea! :2thumbs: :firstplace:

gbouten
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Has anyone noticed how many TV adds for the Spyder there have been lately? They are pushing hard.

docdoru
04-12-2012, 11:52 AM
It is good that BRP is doing an owner survey about what we would like. Maybe someone could ressurect a couple old threads that covered the subject in detail and forward it to BRP R & D.
:agree:

rcdurango
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Has anyone noticed how many TV adds for the Spyder there have been lately? They are pushing hard.

Watch out Mo-Gang, Spyderfest 2013 is really going to get big!

DMENTR
04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
The timing of reading this post makes me laugh. I just got off the phone with BRP, in which I was told in no uncertain terms that they do not support their products and accessories directly and will not help with simple acts of service. 1) I have bought all of the chrome for my bike (all new from dealer, except side panels I got from Fonz). One of the boxes (handle bars) did not have the instructions and possibly missing some hardware. I am willing to try the install anyway because Lamonster has documented the amount of extra hardware leftover anyway. But I want the instructions. The dealer will gladly take the bars back and order me a new set. Great may take "couple of weeks" to come in. Dealer parts guy called BRP in front of me and was given no choices but to order new parts. Service guys said they do not have access to the accessory instructions and rely on the instructions on the box. They did add that they had only done ONE install on a RT, and would charge me 6 HOURS MIN to install, but even they would not start until I was able to get the instructions. The mechanic flat out said it is a complete B!T$H to do, took him 8 hours to do last. The Parts guys suggested I call BRP directly. This is really when I got mad at this situation, the BRP rep took every chance to blame the dealer, the parts guy, the mechanic. All I need is the PDF or printed copy of the instructions of their product. I was told that only the dealer could provide that, "if I was unhappy with my dealer experience, he would be happy to open a file for me. No matter how much BRP Kool-aid you drink, this is simply disrespect to customers. I have bought an RTS, bought $2k worth of BRP accessories, waited weeks (still waiting for some) for warranty parts, multiple trips to dealer. Is it really to much to expect a BRP customer service rep. to step up and solve this, it should not be that hard.

BRPs sole commitment is to their profits, without any real effort to support their products. BRP failures are well documented. Having been a successful manufacturing business owner for over twenty years I know, Customer service is not hard or even costly, it simple takes a true desire to serve, not just sell.

TicketBait
04-12-2012, 01:39 PM
To DMENTR, sorry to hear about the complications on something so simple. Maybe I can help. I am going to go down in my garage and see if I have the instructions used to put my handle bars on, I have the stock handle bars in the box. I will then scan and email them to you to print out. Will know in 30 minutes.

TicketBait
04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok I found the instructions in my spyder file (I am more organized than I thought.) It's 8 pages, and at the bottom of the first page it says "Installation time is approximately 2 hours" mine took 4 by my mechanic.

so pm me your email and I will send.

Lamonster
04-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Ok I found the instructions in my spyder file (I am more organized than I thought.) It's 8 pages, and at the bottom of the first page it says "Installation time is approximately 2 hours" mine took 4 by my mechanic.

so pm me your email and I will send.

:roflblack:

DMENTR
04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
First, Thank you to all Spyderlovers for helping out so quickly. I did get a copy the instructions ....

I called another Sypder dealer (not my sypder dealer, but I have bought jet skis from them in the past). I told their parts guy the short story, he said he would check to see what he could. Ten minutes later, I get a call back. He did not want to open the one box he had on the shelf (understandable), but we went back to ask the mechanics. He got a copy of the instructions from service and was ready to fax them to me. I asked him generally what his experience was with BRP, his words “they are the worse”. I thanked him for his help. He thanked me for my business, and added that the mechanics told him the job would take at least a full day not the two hour stated on the instructions.

For everyone on here that will rush to defend BRP and blame the individual service rep, please re-read all of the stories on the board about poor BRP service. This is another example of the corporate approach to service. I know that I will read posts about poor dealer service and repair times with a more skeptical eye as to where the real problem lies.

Ok, rant over, where's the Bourbon

rcdurango
04-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I recently had handlebars installed for 99.00 labor at the dealer. I watch closely when it was being done and wrote thread on it. If it takes
any longer to do then two hours they're not doing it right. If your going to do this job do your research before. Good Luck!

docdoru
04-12-2012, 02:45 PM
I asked him generally what his experience was with BRP, his words “they are the worse”.

:shocked:

Buttsy
04-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Alright time to hijack the thread...........as someone who loves chrome and likes the handlebar cover. It seems its not a 2hour job as the directions state, so is it the 4 hours that someone else paid, the minimum 6 hours your first dealer said or is it the all day job (8) that the last dealer quoted?

Good luck let us know....

Edit: Ooops more posts have come in maybe it is 2 hours after all?

DMENTR
04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
I recently had handlebars installed for 99.00 labor at the dealer. I watch closely when it was being done and wrote thread on it. If it takes
any longer to do then two hours they're not doing it right. If your going to do this job do your research before. Good Luck!

rc, could you please point me to your thread. I've read posts and seen videos from Lamonster, he said it was pretty complex but do-able. However, I see his laughing above. The two dealer mechs. seem pretty clear. But after my rant, I think I'm committed now to try. Thanks

Rando
04-12-2012, 06:16 PM
any longer to do then two hours they're not doing it right. If your going to do this job do your research before. Good Luck!Did yours have the GPS? I have read that it makes a big difference.

rcdurango
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Did yours have the GPS? I have read that it makes a big difference.

yes mine has GPS, Had them pull out that wiring so I could relocate it up higher. That's not a big deal. Just take wires lose
and pull it out.

rcdurango
04-12-2012, 06:28 PM
rc, could you please point me to your thread. I've read posts and seen videos from Lamonster, he said it was pretty complex but do-able. However, I see his laughing above. The two dealer mechs. seem pretty clear. But after my rant, I think I'm committed now to try. Thanks

I think when I did mine I hijacked Lamonster's post. It was easy for them because there's like four bolts that you take out and
undue latch on the truck and the whole dash slides off and exposes all the handle bars. I to was surprised while watching tech because I to
have watched Lamonster's video's. I have the most respect for him and his talent. This pic shows the upper dash laying on the floor, which I think
has been the hard part of handle bar replacement. Taking it apart piece by piece.