PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Spyderfest Wildwood Lodge Opening Dinner?

SpyderAnn01
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Just curious how many have signed up for dinner on Thursday at the Wildwood Lodge? http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=225047

DaGrlz
04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Signed up 3 for 6:30

JJW SpyderRider
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
My wife and I thought about going but after a day of riding I was not sure I wanted a meal at a fancy restaurant. Our hotel is in Rolla so we will not have time to clean up then make it to the restaurant. I think some of our club will just meet up at Friscos.

SteveMac
04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
My wife and I thought about going but after a day of riding I was not sure I wanted a meal at a fancy restaurant. Our hotel is in Rolla so we will not have time to clean up then make it to the restaurant. I think some of our club will just meet up at Friscos.

Just wanted to let everyone know it isn't a fancy dress up place. We hope most folks choose to attend and your normal event attire is more than cool!

It is a neat place and should be a cool gathering. We are supposed to have some acoustic players in the lounge area too.

Hope everyone considers attending! Would be nice to have a few hundred Spyders invade the place!

;););)

SpyderAnn01
04-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I signed up for dinner way back when but I hadn't seen any postings about it. Just wanted to be sure that we wouldn't be the only ones there! Sounds like fun to me and I can't wait to get there!

SteveMac
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
I signed up for dinner way back when but I hadn't seen any postings about it. Just wanted to be sure that we wouldn't be the only ones there! Sounds like fun to me and I can't wait to get there!

Yep. To be honest Ann, I wasn't even aware of the reservations till you posted it. We will put something on the website and probably email everyone with the info so we have a reasonable number attending. Should be a cool time at a historic place.

lyonsden
04-11-2012, 12:48 PM
I was curious to what they were serving? I can't find a menu anywhere it just tells the price?:dontknow: We have some picky eaters in our group and they won't commit without knowing the menu.

Cavman
04-11-2012, 12:51 PM
According to the schedule, the opening dinner is at the Wagon Wheel. But looking at the link to the Wildwood Lodge, it say it having the opening dinner. So, which is it? What time is the the time for the Spyder folks?
Thanks

SteveMac
04-11-2012, 01:33 PM
According to the schedule, the opening dinner is at the Wagon Wheel. But looking at the link to the Wildwood Lodge, it say it having the opening dinner. So, which is it? What time is the the time for the Spyder folks?
Thanks

Follow the event schedule at www.spyderfest.com. That is the official info.

SpyderAnn01
04-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks

Wednesday if the opening dinner but Thursday dinner - you pay for yourself - is at the Wildwood. You can choose any of the seating times.

Paula(Butch2025)
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
We're joining you and Joe for dinner!:yes:

pitbull
04-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Wildwood lodge " was" going to be the opening night, we decieded that getting everyone to town, and then say hey let's go out of town was not how we wanted to roll. Wagon wheel in Cuba and 66 was a much better and Easyer to find location. Wildwood lodge is a pretty cool old stlye lodge with a rich history and a very cool setting, dinner will be second to none. Anyone choosing to make dinner plans there WILL NOT be disappointed!

rhansen309
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Just signed my wife and I up for the 6 PM seating. I didn't realize we needed to do this. There is a lot of good information on this site.

:)

SteveMac
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Wildwood lodge " was" going to be the opening night, we decieded that getting everyone to town, and then say hey let's go out of town was not how we wanted to roll. Wagon wheel in Cuba and 66 was a much better and Easyer to find location. Wildwood lodge is a pretty cool old stlye lodge with a rich history and a very cool setting, dinner will be second to none. Anyone choosing to make dinner plans there WILL NOT be disappointed!

:agree: 100% !!!!

bullant12
04-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Myself, wife plus 6 (PeacefulBen and wife, Roy and Sue, Clueless and wife) others that I know of...:yes:

Trooper
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I would have loved to join however my flight is landing in St. Louis at 5:30 pm. According to google maps, Cuba is 1h 30 min from the airport , so by the time I get the rental car and drive to Cuba I may be getting there too late. :(

SpyderAnn01
04-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I would have loved to join however my flight is landing in St. Louis at 5:30 pm. According to google maps, Cuba is 1h 30 min from the airport , so by the time I get the rental car and drive to Cuba I may be getting there too late. :(

You'll just have to change your flight!!

Trooper
04-12-2012, 12:31 PM
You'll just have to change your flight!!

I wish !! :(

Not sure the bosses would like getting hit by fees for a flight switch.

warp10
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Rent a faster car. :roflblack:

Trooper
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Rent a faster car. :roflblack:

Last year I had a Grand Marquis...all white. Alot of people were slowing down around me. :roflblack:

zrc
04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Rent a spyder... with elkas...

Trooper
04-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Rent a spyder... with elkas...

Not sure if Enterprise rents those, but I will put in a request. :D

Spydeejane
04-12-2012, 10:30 PM

Here are some photos and info. Also follow the link at the end of the blog post for more photos. It is a cool and unique place. Casual clothes are just fine. My husband and I are going. I don't know what time though.
http://cubamomurals.com/wordpress/2010/01/visit-cuba-missouri-and-other-attractions-wildwood-lodge-since-1922/

pitbull
04-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Last year I had a Grand Marquis...all white. Alot of people were slowing down around me. :roflblack: trooper we can't be having that again this year, you can have my demo Spyder I won't get to use it...... But it's rolling on stockers.... Heck no it on ELKA's!!! No second rate shocks on my ryde.

kinggeek
04-12-2012, 11:23 PM
1 @ 6:30

clueless
04-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Myself, wife plus 6 (PeacefulBen and wife, Roy and Sue, Clueless and wife) others that I know of...:yes:

We are setup for going at 7 pm. Get some riding in first :-) and not be rushed to get there in time for dinner. +1 wish they would list the menu ..

But Len says food is good so we are in !