PDA

View Full Version : Update: Stupid Pills

ARtraveler
04-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I talked on another thread yesterday about digging a hole with my :spyder2: and breaking the drive belt.

Had to have the :spyder2: towed to the shop. $100.00

Guesstimated $400-$500. Approximate total cost due to my errors: Belt: $350.00 plus $100 install plus expidite order $60.00. I did not want to wait a week for a normal order and went for the 3 day option. They said the 2010 RT belt was different from all the others and they did not stock it. Add $100 for the tow. Total cost so far $610. If the belt comes in timely (BRP does not have it backordered) I should get my :spyder2: early next week. This incident will be the longest I have had any :spyder2: in the shop. It appears we will miss a ryde this weekend.

All this, because I could not wait three days or so to go riding. Vent over. Be careful about spinning wheel on gravel is the lesson I guess.

NancysToy
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I have kept quiet until now, partly because I knew you were already beating yourself up, and partly to avoid saying something stupid...that was meant to be comforting. On the other hand, this does point out one advantage for a 2-wheeler. If your feet had been on the ground, you would have noticed the bike getting shorter. :roflblack: Can't tell how close the ground is when your feet stay on the pegs...LOL.

r1100rider
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
I have kept quiet until now, partly because I knew you were already beating yourself up, and partly to avoid saying something stupid...that was meant to be comforting. On the other hand, this does point out one advantage for a 2-wheeler. If your feet had been on the ground, you would have noticed the bike getting shorter. :roflblack: Can't tell how close the ground is when your feet stay on the pegs...LOL.
This why I want shaft drive but last time I said that everyone jumped all over me telling me how wrong I was

CyncySpyder
04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
:rolleyes: Hey, you've learned a lesson I bet you WILL NEVER FORGET:rolleyes:

boborgera
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
This why I want shaft drive but last time I said that everyone jumped all over me telling me how wrong I was

Same here, The argument against shaft was,
We might lose a few H/P :dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
And weren't we just discussing how to get rid of that stupid belt guard......:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:......only some of us were...:shemademe_smilie:

ARtraveler
04-10-2012, 10:37 PM
As usual, Scotty comes through with a nugget of knowledge I did not think about. :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
04-11-2012, 06:40 AM
:agree: ...Hadn't thought about THAT one at all... :shocked: :thumbup:
Of course; Had you been on two wheels in those conditions you might have augered in and damaged all kinds of other parts...