PDA

View Full Version : Americade Group Ride, June 6th 2012

rnet
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
After several months of planning for this years 3rd annual group ride and a few snags, we have finally firmed it up enough to give you most of the details. Each year I have tried to do things that most of us have not experienced and have a great time doing it with a stellar group of people. So after last years Olympic bobsled run and the climb to White Face I knew it would be tough to come up with another ride that was as fun and hopefully as good. This years ride will start at the Black Bear Restaurant in Potterville, NY, exit 26 off 87N. This is the same starting point as last year for those that attended and I will set the time later, but you can figure 8-8:30 and top off with gas just before the restaurant as the next stop will be 90-100 miles. (randy does not get good mpg) After breakfast we will be traveling north up 87 to Plattsburg, and hop on the ferry to Grand Isle, Vermont. At this point we will be meeting up with Adrien (Vtrider) and I will turn over the lead to him as he will take us along Lake Champlain into Burlington were we will eat lunch on the waterfront at the Ice House Restaurant. After lunch we will head south through Vermont with Adrien at the helm. I will let him fill in the route back to Lake George as he has told me but, he's the expert in Northern Vermont. Adrien promised me photo stops and also everyone is invited to a BBQ at Randy and my campsites after the ride at LGRV park. If you plan on attending this ride please post so here so we can get an approximate count for lunch.

wyliec
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
After several months of planning for this years 3rd annual group ride and a few snags, we have finally firmed it up enough to give you most of the details. Each year I have tried to do things that most of us have not experienced and have a great time doing it with a stellar group of people. So after last years Olympic bobsled run and the climb to White Face I knew it would be tough to come up with another ride that was as fun and hopefully as good. This years ride will start at the Black Bear Restaurant in Potterville, NY, exit 26 off 87N. This is the same starting point as last year for those that attended and I will set the time later, but you can figure 8-8:30 and top off with gas just before the restaurant as the next stop will be 90-100 miles. (randy does not get good mpg) After breakfast we will be traveling north up 87 to Plattsburg, and hop on the ferry to Grand Isle, Vermont. At this point we will be meeting up with Adrien (Vtrider) and I will turn over the lead to him as he will take us along Lake Champlain into Burlington were we will eat lunch on the waterfront at the Ice House Restaurant. After lunch we will head south through Vermont with Adrien at the helm. I will let him fill in the route back to Lake George as he has told me but, he's the expert in Northern Vermont. Adrien promised me photo stops and also everyone is invited to a BBQ at Randy and my campsites after the ride at LGRV park. If you plan on attending this ride please post so here so we can get an approximate count for lunch.

Me for sure; possibly g.f. I'll know better in a few weeks.

Bob, will Tink be going?

arntufun
04-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Count Holly and myself in !!!!!! :bbq:

vtrider
04-11-2012, 05:13 PM
The ride out of Grand Isle is a nice ride heading out of the Islands, with some nice views overlooking Lake Champlain. Rte 2 through the Lake Champlain Islands is real popular for motorcyclists. I will try to take the ride from the ferry dock in Grand Isle this weekend to get an approximate distance and time that it will take to get to the Ice House Restaurant in Burlington. This should be a fun trip! Below is a link to the restaurant.

http://icehousevt.com/

mowin
04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm in.. Ive been thro the VT area many times...It is a very nice ride.

I put in my order of sunshine with mother nature...lets hope she listens

rnet
04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Rob, check how many shirts need to be ordered and I will take care of it. I'm thinking 4

mowin
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Rob, check how many shirts need to be ordered and I will take care of it. I'm thinking 4

I will email him now and let u know...

Star Cruiser
04-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Count me in! Looking forward to another GREAT rYde this year. I'll even bring my NEW RYDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill (AKA StarCruiser)

jcgirouard
04-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Tres intéressant,,,,:yes:

wyliec
04-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Tres intéressant,,,,:yes:

The way you said it sounds much better. So, me too.

rnet
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Count me in! Looking forward to another GREAT rYde this year. I'll even bring my NEW RYDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill (AKA StarCruiser)Bill whats ya got.

vtrider
04-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I scouted our route today to the Ice House In Burlington. I had to go to work today for about 3 hours, so when I left work I rode the spyder to the Ice House Restaurant and took notice of the time I started and set the odometer. I then rode the route to Grand Isle that we would be taking on June 6th with the group from the Americade. It is about 28 miles from the Ice House to the ferry dock in Grand Isle, and it took me about 45 minutes to get there with traffic and going through stop lights. I'm thinking that with a fuel/ restroom break for you guys/gals coming off the ferry boat ( there is a mobil station with restrooms two miles from the ferry dock) and maybe a photo shoot at Lake Champlain we should plan on maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get to the Ice house from Grand Isle. So we need to plan on that for making reservations at the Ice House. I think you all should enjoy this segment of the ride! There is some nice scenery around the Lake Champlain area, with back drops of the NY and VT mountain ranges.

mosslips
04-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Hubby and I will be there. :ohyea:

rnet
04-15-2012, 06:52 AM
I scouted our route today to the Ice House In Burlington. I had to go to work today for about 3 hours, so when I left work I rode the spyder to the Ice House Restaurant and took notice of the time I started and set the odometer. I then rode the route to Grand Isle that we would be taking on June 6th with the group from the Americade. It is about 28 miles from the Ice House to the ferry dock in Grand Isle, and it took me about 45 minutes to get there with traffic and going through stop lights. I'm thinking that with a fuel/ restroom break for you guys/gals coming off the ferry boat ( there is a mobil station with restrooms two miles from the ferry dock) and maybe a photo shoot at Lake Champlain we should plan on maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get to the Ice house from Grand Isle. So we need to plan on that for making reservations at the Ice House. I think you all should enjoy this segment of the ride! There is some nice scenery around the Lake Champlain area, with back drops of the NY and VT mountain ranges.Thanks Adrien for helping us out on this. I will use 1 1/2 hours and figure back so I know when we will have to leave Pottersville. (breakfast)

arntufun
04-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Don't forget to post here if you are planning on attending and also let us know if you will stay for the BBQ so we have an idea of how much food we will need. :thumbup:

rnet
04-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Grass roots BBQ, sounds good:thumbup:

vtrider
04-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Don't forget to post here if you are planning on attending and also let us know if you will stay for the BBQ so we have an idea of how much food we will need. :thumbup:

At this time I have tenative plans to ride back to NY with the group when we leave the Ice House Restaurant. The BBQ sounds good! I just need to figure out where I will stay that night. I'm thinking of a motel room or a cabin. Anyone with suggestions on a decent place to stay?

rnet
04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
At this time I have tenative plans to ride back to NY with the group when we leave the Ice House Restaurant. The BBQ sounds good! I just need to figure out where I will stay that night. I'm thinking of a motel room or a cabin. Anyone with suggestions on a decent place to stay?Adrien you can stay with me, no problem at all. You can take Roger's bunk as he's not coming tell friday. Ron

rnet
04-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Adrien, check this thread for places to stay, but your welcome to stay with me. americaid (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34691-americaid&highlight=Studio+motel)

arntufun
05-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Americade is only three weeks away !!!!!!! :cheers::yes::ohyea:

Star Cruiser
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Hey VT Rider, I am still planning on attending. My GPS can't seem to locate the Black Bear Restaurant in Pottersville, NY so if you could give me an address I should be able to make my way there. The BBQ sounds great as well, would love to go. (an address would be great, in case I get lost along the way, as well)

i am staying on Beach Street right in Lake George. Went om a few rYdes over the last few years and had a blast. Sounds like you will make it as good as ever. See you all then. IF there is a route map that you can share, I'd be happy to load up the gpx or gbd file ;)

arntufun
05-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey VT Rider, I am still planning on attending. My GPS can't seem to locate the Black Bear Restaurant in Pottersville, NY so if you could give me an address I should be able to make my way there. The BBQ sounds great as well, would love to go. (an address would be great, in case I get lost along the way, as well)

i am staying on Beach Street right in Lake George. Went om a few rYdes over the last few years and had a blast. Sounds like you will make it as good as ever. See you all then. IF there is a route map that you can share, I'd be happy to load up the gpx or gbd file ;)

Black Bear restaurant is here,
http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=7882+State+Route+9%2C+North+Creek%2C+NY+12853&tt=Black+Bear+Restaurant&lat=43.724877&lon=-73.827023&zoom=15&mvt=m&trf=0&start=1&conf=1

If your staying in Lake George then you should meet us and alot of us ride there together. Keep an eye on this thread for further details
:thumbup:

The BBQ is here, site number 300
Lake George RV Park

(518) 792-3775
74 State Route 149
Lake George, NY 12845

VISIT www.lakegeorgervpark.com (http://www.lakegeorge.com/business/lake-george-rv-park-359/website/)

Tierhog
05-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Jealous. I'm from Glens Falls. Would love to participate, but I think the commute would be a bit much (California).

Star Cruiser
05-14-2012, 12:50 PM
If your staying in Lake George then you should meet us and alot of us ride there together. Keep an eye on this thread for further details

That is AWESOME, Looks like I will seeing a cluster of SpyderLovers on Wednesday. I WILL keep my eyes peeled for a SpYder or two (or twenty) around town. I am there from Sunday 'til Sunday.

I'll keep posted here to see what we should all bring to the BBQ! - Americade will be BETTER than EVER this year.

rnet
05-14-2012, 04:15 PM
That is AWESOME, Looks like I will seeing a cluster of SpyderLovers on Wednesday. I WILL keep my eyes peeled for a SpYder or two (or twenty) around town. I am there from Sunday 'til Sunday.

I'll keep posted here to see what we should all bring to the BBQ! - Americade will be BETTER than EVER this year. Bill I'm in the same days at LGRV park site 300. Anybody here from Dan (Fastfraser) and his wife. Everybody watch the group site as well (NY Spyder Riders) Americaid thread. I can't believe it's only three weeks away. I better step it up. Sure glad Randy and vtrider are helping out.

arntufun
05-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Jealous. I'm from Glens Falls. Would love to participate, but I think the commute would be a bit much (California).

I terrorized Glens Falls last week while we were camping !!!! :thumbup: I echoed my pipe all through the city off the buildings in downtown. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

vtrider
05-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Adrien, check this thread for places to stay, but your welcome to stay with me. americaid (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?34691-americaid&highlight=Studio+motel)

Thanks Ron! I'll let you know what I decide on!

vtrider
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM

Hey, Star Cruiser! I guess your answer has been posted. I won't be at the Black Bear Restaurant, but will be waiting for everyone to arrive on the Vermont side of Lake Champlain and take the tour to Burlington from there.

rnet
05-15-2012, 11:10 AM
So things are getting closer now so I will start posting some details. This years ride will start at the same restaurant as we did last year and at the same time. (Wed 8:30 AM) I will be there at 7:30 for breakfast, leaving LGRV park at 7:00 for those that want to meet me there. Please make sure you have a full tank of gas to start and you can fill up just before the restaurant. This should have us getting off the ferry at approx 10:30 in grand isle where we will meet up with Adrian (vtrider) and he will take us into Burlington on some scenic roads and stop for some pics along the way. So gang AOS at 8:30 ready to go.:ohyea::yes:

Bob Denman
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
I terrorized Glens Falls last week while we were camping !!!! :thumbup: I echoed my pipe all through the city off the buildings in downtown. :roflblack:
:roflblack:

You Hooligan! :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:
Ron,
The Missus and I might try to sneak out of the office on Friday...
PM me with your cellphone number so that if our plans comes together, we can get in touch...

rogerb
05-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Gonna try and make it for the ryde. Stopped going to Americade years ago but with this ryde you are planning it sounds like it will be worth going.

wyliec
05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Just booked a hotel in Saratoga Springs tonight. It will be me, gf, and Geisha. So, will be eating outside.

muskrat
05-19-2012, 08:40 PM
We plan on making the ride on Wed.. leaving home tue am if anyone else is headed North at that time and want to hook up let me know.

fencepost
05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Barbwire and I will be there. We will be getting into Lake George on June 2. We will be working for Sierra Electronics on Tue., Thur. and Fri. so if you have time come by and say Hi.

vtrider
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Just curious! How many riders so far for the NY to VT ride on June 6th? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that is coming up. It should be a good time!

wyliec
05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
If this is roll call: me, the gf, and Geisha.

arntufun
05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Holly, Randy !!!!

Star Cruiser
05-25-2012, 12:13 AM
Just curious! How many riders so far for the NY to VT ride on June 6th? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone that is coming up. It should be a good time!

I will be there - Solo

rnet
05-25-2012, 05:44 AM
I will be calling the Ice House early next week with the lunch count.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm in......Mike....:thumbup: :bbq:FOR THIS TOO ! :yes:

rnet
05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Glad you can make it Mike. :clap: Are you meeting at the Black Bear or somewhere else.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2012, 05:49 PM
My plan was to meet you all at the Ice House and do Lunch....then ride back to Lake George.....Mike..:yes::yes::yes::yes:

arntufun
05-25-2012, 05:54 PM
My plan was to meet you all at the Ice House and do Lunch....then ride back to Lake George.....Mike..:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Mike, is your parole officer going to let you out of state ??? :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Randy, Randy, Randy...luckily she owns a Spyder and will be joining us.....it will be interesting to watch us going thru the twisties HANDCUFFED together...:yikes: :gaah: :shemademe_smilie: :agree: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:.......PS did you check out that jacket.....read my Lucky Day post for some good info.....Mike....:thumbup:

rnet
05-26-2012, 07:29 AM
My plan was to meet you all at the Ice House and do Lunch....then ride back to Lake George.....Mike..:yes::yes::yes::yes: I thought you would do this. We will not wait for you at the black bear. Thanks Ron

Sandy lord
05-26-2012, 12:04 PM
I live in burlington, VT. I am a newbie spyder rider and would like to get involved. 2010 RT A & C

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Welcome Aboard,...let the Parta'y begin...if you can do the ride on the 6 th of June great....Lunch at the Ice House in Burl. then a ride back to Lake George and a BBQ :bbq:......Mike.....I live in Moretown near Montpelier lets hook-up and ride sometime........:thumbup:

rnet
05-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I live in burlington, VT. I am a newbie spyder rider and would like to get involved. 2010 RT A & CNo, you don't have to register for this ride. It's a grass roots get together that I with help have done for the past few years with mostly spyders and some motorcycles. If you do any of the Americade stuff it helps to register, but not necessary. We welcome you to the ride. Just let me know were you will be starting, I will be leaving Lake George RV park at 7AM, going to the starting point of the Black Bear Restaurant for breakfast and the ride will start at 8:30AM. The next chance you could meet up is at the Ice House Restaurant in Burlington, Vt. and we should be arriving there at 12 noon - 12:30 PM.

danlnc
05-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Would love to go to Lake George again. I used to live in Altamont NY and went to the Americade every year also over to Laconia. Don't think the wife(Faye) could get the time off though and it would be a long ride from NC. Also just got the Spyder and need to get some local miles on her before I felt comfortable on a long trip. You all have a great time and post some pics.

arntufun
05-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Would love to go to Lake George again. I used to live in Altamont NY and went to the Americade every year also over to Laconia. Don't think the wife(Faye) could get the time off though and it would be a long ride from NC. Also just got the Spyder and need to get some local miles on her before I felt comfortable on a long trip. You all have a great time and post some pics.

When we first started going camping we used to go to Thomsons Lake state campground right outside Altamont. They have become to strict now so we don't go there anymore. We go to Thatcher Park a few times a year to hang out and always stop at Altamont orchards on the way back. Is this bringing back memories for you ????

Barbwire
05-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Fencepost and I plan to meet at the Restaurant and go on the ride but will not make the BBQ. We will be staying at the Lake Geo Inn at the upper end of town the whole week.

arntufun
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Fencepost and I plan to meet at the Restaurant and go on the ride but will not make the BBQ. We will be staying at the Lake Geo Inn at the upper end of town the whole week.

See you next week. :thumbup: Holly and I will be arriving on Monday for the week.

arntufun
05-29-2012, 12:53 PM
FYI..............I just got off the phone with Progressive Motorsports in Hudson Falls NY. On Thursday June 7th they are having a Spyder Cruise-in around 5pm with food and BRP is going to be there as well. :thumbup:

rnet
05-30-2012, 06:46 AM
So things are getting closer now so I will start posting some details. This years ride will start at the same restaurant as we did last year and at the same time. (Wed 8:30 AM) I will be there at 7:30 for breakfast, leaving LGRV park at 7:00 for those that want to meet me there. Please make sure you have a full tank of gas to start and you can fill up just before the restaurant. This should have us getting off the ferry at approx 10:30 in grand isle where we will meet up with Adrian (vtrider) and he will take us into Burlington on some scenic roads and stop for some pics along the way. So gang AOS at 8:30 ready to go.:ohyea::yes: We will arriving at the Ice House restaurant at approx. noon and at that point we will have a choice to make on how to get back depending on time and how everyone feels. Option one; is straight back with a gas stop. Option 2; is the same with a stop at Philo State park with overlooks of Lake champlain and the adirondacks. Option 3; About 45 minutes longer than #2 Rt. 100/17. Mike (BLUEKNIGHT911) said it is the Dragon of the east with views. inclines and declines. So this depends again on time, so I will push to save time for this, but I also want everyone to have fun, group decision. Hope to be back by 5 to unwind and throw a BBQ. :ohyea: Now I would like to thank Adrien (vtrider), Mike (blueknight911) for there help in putting this together this year as I have been very busy this year to go scout the route myself as Adrien has done this. Also Randy (arntufun) for getting the BBQ together. Could not have done it without you guys.:thumbup:

I will be arriving at LGRV park sat afternoon and I have requested site 300 and have been there the last 2 years, but I will not know for sure tell I get there and I will let everyone know if this # changes. Monday morning a few of us are riding to Mt. Washington and staying overnight and will be back Tuesday afternoon, completely winging it. If anyone has any questions, I'm here for you tell Sat. Don't know if I will bring a Laptop, but here is my cell 845-399-7070.

danlnc
05-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Sure does I have camped at Thompsons Lake many times. Used to love to ride along the Helderberge Escarpment. And the apple cider doughnut at the Abrussi's Altamont Orchard sure were good. Have you ever riden down to Olana ( Fredrick Church Mansion) in Catskill beautiful place. Do miss upstate NY

pro10is
05-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Holy Crap, I just happened upon this thread! I almost missed it. You guys are going to be right in my neck of the woods, practically in my back yard! I'd love to take part in this. Finally a Spyder event that's not over a thousand miles away. Only problem is that it's right in the middle of the work week and to make matters more complicated I have an annual company picnic scheduled for the same day. :banghead:

Still I'm going to figure something out and do my best to catch up with you guys. :yes:

arntufun
05-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Holy Crap, I just happened upon this thread! I almost missed it. You guys are going to be right in my neck of the woods, practically in my back yard! I'd love to take part in this. Finally a Spyder event that's not over a thousand miles away. Only problem is that it's right in the middle of the work week and to make matters more complicated I have an annual company picnic scheduled for the same day. :banghead:

Still I'm going to figure something out and do my best to catch up with you guys. :yes:

I'm thinking maybe a call in is needed in this situation. :thumbup: Cough Cough Cough !!!!

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Man where have you been and WT* Have you been doing.....Mike......:yikes: :gaah: :dontknow:

pro10is
05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking maybe a call in is needed in this situation. :thumbup: Cough Cough Cough !!!!

Oh man I wish it was that easy. Like a idiot I agreed to help with the picnic set up and take down. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'll think of something. :gaah:

pro10is
05-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Man where have you been and WT* Have you been doing.....Mike......:yikes: :gaah: :dontknow:

Mike, I'm not "mature" or rich enough to retire so mostly I've been working. I usually ride only on weekends. Can't wait to retire so I can ride all the time. Maybe in about 14 years. :gaah:

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-31-2012, 11:12 PM
I appoligize if I offended you ....not my intent....not "rich"...and only " retired " from first job/career......Mike.....I hope you can attend

rnet
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Bikes are cleaned and loaded, should be leaving around 2Pm for the 2.5 hour trip to Lake George tomorrow. Hope the forecast changes, it always does.

rogerb
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Go to the Progressive Motorsports site check it out. They are having an open house from 4 to 7 but they are also having a treasure hunt. They have a list of three places to go and you can qualify for prizes.

pro10is
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I appoligize if I offended you ....not my intent....not "rich"...and only " retired " from first job/career......Mike.....I hope you can attend

Mike, We're Bros, the only way you could offend me is if you sold your Spyder, bought a Harley, grew a ZZ Top beard, moved out to the West Coast and joined the Hell's Angles. :roflblack:

rnet
06-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Go to the Progressive Motorsports site check it out. They are having an open house from 4 to 7 but they are also having a treasure hunt. They have a list of three places to go and you can qualify for prizes.That's a lot of riding, hope the prizes are nice. Here's the link http://www.progressivemotorsports.biz/

arntufun
06-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Bikes are cleaned and loaded, should be leaving around 2Pm for the 2.5 hour trip to Lake George tomorrow. Hope the forecast changes, it always does.

Safe travels Ron, we will see you Monday. :thumbup:

rnet
06-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Safe travels Ron, we will see you Monday. :thumbup: Thanks Randy, by the looks of the forecast I will not be going to Mt. Washington.

800steve
06-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Do you know what time you will be leaving the Ice House? I am in the area and have to work in the morning, but would love to hook up for a while in the afternoon. Steve

arntufun
06-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Do you know what time you will be leaving the Ice House? I am in the area and have to work in the morning, but would love to hook up for a while in the afternoon. Steve

We are getting to the Ice House around noon (if all goes well). When we leave........ maybe one or so ????? Ron's number is posted above, you can always call that number Wednesday. :thumbup:

arntufun
06-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I just talked to RNET, he is at site 300.