PDA

View Full Version : I got Billie (my Spyder) back!!!!!!!!!!!

Bytemi
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I stopped at Colemans tonight and picked up my spyder. They did the 3,000 mile maintance while it was there. I can't believe that I have put over 2,000 miles on her, since I got her.

Here is what they did for the Gas Smell, They Completed Evaporation Canister Vent-House (Recall) and a ECM Update. The part that delayed my repairs were the 2 Tip-Rap 350 MM they needed for the recall.

So I talked to Chris and said they did a recall and the ECM update. Then he went back to get my bike. Poor Billie, she was left outside for 2 1/2 weeks. :chill: She was very dirty.

Then he tried to put the Emergency Brake on and it would not engage. So he said he was sorry and took her away again. My heart fell. He was back there for about 10 minutes came back and said everything was fine, I could take her.

Honestly I don't use the Emergency Brake because it is too hard to disenage it.

She is back home in the garage after getting a nice bath. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow!

Bob Denman
04-10-2012, 06:37 PM
:congrats::ohyea::yes:
Glad to hear that Billie is back home safe and sound... :thumbup:

Bytemi
04-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks Bob, it felt really good to ride her home.

CyncySpyder
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
If I were in your situation, I'd be looking for another dealer:lecturef_smilie: For them to have your :f_spider: for that long & not test to make sure everything was fixed & ready to go when you got there to pick it up is bad customer service. And to leave the :f_spider: out in the elements for all that time & not wash it before returning it to you:lecturef_smilie:, well, that would tell me they don't care about customer satisfaction in the least:dontknow: Just my opinion, but speaking from personal experience, in which I personally helped to spread the word about a bad dealer who is now out of business. If we, as a community accept service such as this, then it will never improve :banghead: and we deserve what we accept :dontknow: Sorry, didn't meen to get on a soap-box, it just pisses me off to continue to read of experiences such as yours on an almost daily basis:mad: Bottom line, glad you got your :f_spider: back & enjoy the ryde :yes::yes:

Rayelljay
04-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I would document the whole episode and send it to BRP and see what, if anything, happens.

ARtraveler
04-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Glad you got your ryde back. To bad everything was not checked out. As I and others posted in your other thread--probably look for another dealer to service the :spyder2:.

SpyderAnn01
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Glad to hear you're back on the road. I know what you mean about the parking brake when I was riding a RS I felt like I was kick starting a bike when I had to release the brake. There is a user here on Spyderlovers that got her name, Boots, because when the heel fell off her boot from kicking the emergency brake so hard she had to buy a crazy pair of rubber boots that had guns and roses on them.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I agree with "Teddy" 200 %......Mike.....good luck from here on out......:thumbup:

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 08:09 AM
So I am not the only one that thinks getting my Spyder back covered in pollen, dirt and water spots was a little wrong.

Bob Denman
04-11-2012, 08:12 AM
It certainly wouldn't have taken them long to make your bike presentable... :gaah: A little soap and water can go a long way towards mending fences.

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM
It certainly wouldn't have taken them long to make your bike presentable... :gaah: A little soap and water can go a long way towards mending fences.

I wiped the seat off in the parking lot and cleaned the windshield and headlights to bring her home. It only took about 15 minutes to hose her down and dry her off. She will get a good cleaning this weekend. It is just frustrating. I can't believe my Spyder was outside in the elements for that long. I would have brought them a cover if I had known that.

Bob Denman
04-11-2012, 08:30 AM
While mine was "among the missing" for 140 days I think that something built a nest up under the Tupperware and then died... :shocked:
The bike was clean (Albeit with a few unauthorized scratches! :gaah:), but I've been trying to track down the most horrendous smell... and it ain't me for once! :hun:

boborgera
04-11-2012, 08:35 AM
So I am not the only one that thinks getting my Spyder back covered in pollen, dirt and water spots was a little wrong.

I have the opposite problem with my dealer they always insist on washing my Trike, and I'm always in a hurry to get it out that i tell them don't waste time washing it, But they do it anyway!:dontknow:

That said They should have washed it after keeping it so long.When ever i finished a costumers job i always polished it, before it left my shop. Makes for happy costumers.:thumbup:

Oldmanzues
04-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I will disagree with you on one thing. I do not feel returning any machine to a customer in the condistion you discribe is a little wrong. It is waaaaaaaaaaay wrong. To have to clean the seat and windshield to be able to operate it is disgusting.
Others may have had good service there, but I would send all the information to BRP and find a different dealer.
Sorry about the ranting. No reason for "service" like that.
I would still like to see the part number or what that object is.
I am glad your Spyder is home and you have good rides.
Oldmanzues

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 08:50 AM
I have the opposite problem with my dealer they always insist on washing my Trike, and I'm always in a hurry to get it out that i tell them don't waste time washing it, But they do it anyway!:dontknow:

That said They should have washed it after keeping it so long.When ever i finished a costumers job i always polished it, before it left my shop. Makes for happy costumers.:thumbup:

It would have made me feel a lot better about the whole thing if she had been clean when I got her.

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I will disagree with you on one thing. I do not feel returning any machine to a customer in the condistion you discribe is a little wrong. It is waaaaaaaaaaay wrong. To have to clean the seat and windshield to be able to operate it is disgusting.
Others may have had good service there, but I would send all the information to BRP and find a different dealer.
Sorry about the ranting. No reason for "service" like that.
I would still like to see the part number or what that object is.
I am glad your Spyder is home and you have good rides.
Oldmanzues

I have the part number at home, I will post it tonight. I typed the description exactly as it appeared on my invoice.

daveinva
04-11-2012, 08:57 AM
I wiped the seat off in the parking lot and cleaned the windshield and headlights to bring her home. It only took about 15 minutes to hose her down and dry her off. She will get a good cleaning this weekend. It is just frustrating. I can't believe my Spyder was outside in the elements for that long. I would have brought them a cover if I had known that.

Last year when I had trouble with my riser install I dropped off my Spyder for about a week at Coleman Falls Church. I had forgotten to take off my soft Nelson-Rigg roll and sidebags, and I neglected to put the waterproof covers on them. In the meantime, it rained like heck for a few days, then was blazing hot. When I got the bike back, in just that short amount of time everything was waterlogged and sun-whitened. That's when I realized that they don't store the bikes inside, but out back, under no cover.

I now have a non-waterproof Ultimate Seat on my bike-- I always cover it with the rain cover when I drop the bike off, I know it'll be outside for who-knows-how-long.

Just how they are, take it or leave it. (I'm thinking of finally leaving it... as long as my Spyder still rides, I'll ride it out to some place I can get same-day service).

P.S. Yup, they don't clean the bikes, ever. Local H-D dealer gives every bike they service a wash for free before you get it back... would be nice to get that kind of love someday.

bullant12
04-11-2012, 10:29 AM
The washing of the vehicle is a dealer-per-dealer call. Some do, some don't. When we had the Acura, they would wash the outside (including rims) and vacuum the interirors, our Toyota dealer washes it (outside), our Honda dealer gives us a cupon to redeem on a on-site car wash, and my :spyder2: dealer cleans them if they can... When mine was out for 3 weeks they gave it back all washed.

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 10:32 AM
The washing of the vehicle is a dealer-per-dealer call. Some do, some don't. When we had the Acura, they would wash the outside (including rims) and vacuum the interirors, our Toyota dealer washes it (outside), our Honda dealer gives us a cupon to redeem on a on-site car wash, and my :spyder2: dealer cleans them if they can... When mine was out for 3 weeks they gave it back all washed.

I just think they could have wiped it down and made it presentable. They didn't have to use soap, just hose it down to get the majority of the dirt and pollen off, I would have been happy with that.

bullant12
04-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I just think they could have wiped it down and made it presentable. They didn't have to use soap, just hose it down to get the majority of the dirt and pollen off, I would have been happy with that.

:agree: since (it appears that) they left it outside. But although I go back with my original post, it would have been a nice token if they did wipe the dirt and pollen. No love there!:lecturef_smilie::mad:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Oldmanzues telling the TRUTH is never RANTING .....Mike.....:thumbup:

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Oldmanzues telling the TRUTH is never RANTING .....Mike.....:thumbup:

Agreed, the truth is never a rant!

Bytemi
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The part number for the tie-rap is 293750008.