PDA

View Full Version : Another leaning Trike

Bob Denman
04-09-2012, 08:00 AM
http://reversetrike.com/brudeli.html
I didn't think that I'd seen this one up here yet..
Any opinions? :dontknow:

jvicker
04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Not bad.:2thumbs:

Found more...

http://www.maxmatic.com/ttw_moto.htm

mxz600
04-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm confused Bob.

The article states it should be in production in 2007. Is this being made?

Also at the top of the page it says last update 12/21/2012 :yikes: Did I go to bed last night and wake up a year later?:yikes:

daveinva
04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Vaporware. Never built, never sold (and never would be, not at that price point :yikes:).

Too bad.

bluestratos
04-09-2012, 09:08 AM
I think it is ugly looking personally.

daveinva
04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it is ugly looking personally.

It's the KTM heritage. The only thing missing is the milk crate and ADV bumper stickers. :joke:

boborgera
04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Most newbies, And a few going though their second childhood would be killed on a leaning [with those angles] Trike. That's why most buy a Trike and not a Motorcycle!

JCSMOKE
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't know what to do with that thing, I still have training wheels on my spyder.

Bob Denman
04-09-2012, 10:25 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Different. But I did not like it. Sounds like it never will be produced for the public.

SteveMac
04-09-2012, 11:29 AM
I think it would be fun to ride, but no way it would replace my RT!

AMTJIM
04-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm really liking that one.

http://reversetrike.com/brudeli.html
I didn't think that I'd seen this one up here yet..
Any opinions? :dontknow:

WackyDan
04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
The spyder would eat it. Seriously.. we've had this discussion many times before.

With out electrical or hydraulic assist, a leaning reverse trike takes too much energy to transition from a left or right lean to the other. With one wheel up front like many of the leaning trike like vehicles the geometry makes the physics work... Reverse the wheel pattern and physics works against you.

I'm not saying that the linked trike wouldn't be fun to ride, but I think the Spyder is much more refined and better performing with the A arms up front and a non leaning design. I'd totally love it if they made one that leans with a technical assist... but I'm not sure many of us could afford that model.

Bob Denman
04-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Here's a single-seater based off of a Vulcan... The Scorpion. I don't know what to make of the styling, but at least folks are trying... :shocked:

Bootie
04-10-2012, 08:36 AM
It looks to me like the thing is leaning in the WRONG DIRECTION. It looks to be leaning toward the outside of the curve.
I would think you want to lean to the INSIDE of the curve, no?

boborgera
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
It looks to me like the thing is leaning in the WRONG DIRECTION. It looks to be leaning toward the outside of the curve.
I would think you want to lean to the INSIDE of the curve, no?

Nope, It's leaning the right way , Just like a motorcycle it countersteers.

SXSMachine
04-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Have spoken to Brudelli via e-mail last two months while investigating building my own leaner, Brudeolli wont be going production but are available as a custom build. I doint like them because theyre width at front is way to big, may suit the icy roads just fine, I'm not building for that.

I havent actually spoken to tilting works but they havent had anything new on their website for 8 months which makes them stagnant.

On Weslls Facebook page an engineer from Wesll claimed their production was close and not cheap. I told them if they ever ewanted to make any money to lower the price and make the ROI longer so that they could sell some units and build a culture. That was 6 months ago. Nothing even whispered since as far as I know.

Scooters and a place in Germany that makes quads out of KTM road bikes plus say GG quads (Neither of those 2 lean) are the only production bikes i know. But tilting scooters are selling quite well (20,000 MP3's in France I hear) but no word on even one Can Am conversion. I hope curiosity continues and actually results in something.

I am persueing building something as an enabled rider with my Roads authority preliminary approval here. If I get the chance it will go to at least as far as my own bike. :f_spider:

Bootie
04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Nope, It's leaning the right way , Just like a motorcycle it countersteers.I am (or will be during Spyderfest) from Missouri, show me:roflblack:

wolfe
04-11-2012, 11:49 AM
:banghead::dontknow:

Bob Denman
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Nope, It's leaning the right way , Just like a motorcycle it countersteers.
:yikes: Seems funky to me... :dontknow:
I'm with Bootie!

AMTJIM
04-11-2012, 01:39 PM
It's the correct lean, he's drifting. Good action shot.

SXSMachine
04-12-2012, 08:53 AM
It's the correct lean, he's drifting. Good action shot.

Correct.

SXSMachine
04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
The spyder would eat it. Seriously.. we've had this discussion many times before.

With out electrical or hydraulic assist, a leaning reverse trike takes too much energy to transition from a left or right lean to the other. With one wheel up front like many of the leaning trike like vehicles the geometry makes the physics work... Reverse the wheel pattern and physics works against you.

I'm not saying that the linked trike wouldn't be fun to ride, but I think the Spyder is much more refined and better performing with the A arms up front and a non leaning design. I'd totally love it if they made one that leans with a technical assist... but I'm not sure many of us could afford that model.

I haven't seen this arguement before Dan, I'm sure people had their reasons and their qualifiers for what they said so I don't wish to re-open it suffice to say though I believe I could produce a set of qualifiers that would favor a leaning tryke and even in a one for one changeover of leaning system against the steer system I'd like to see a/ the math and b/ the practice. It would be a very interesting exercise and outcome.

Cheers brother!

SXSMachine
04-18-2012, 10:39 PM
In discussions with my Engineer from the Roads certification body, its all a bit hard for him and he needs somebody else to do it from concept to delivery. But I may already have that in place with approval from agreement last week from an international triumvirate including Stanford University Helsinki something and Melbourne Australia's Swinburne University of technology to look a a Camber steer mobility device the quadricycle will just follow in tracks.

Could be completed in next quarter and productionised by end 2012 if it passes proof of concept and pricing points. Still a bit of finger crossing to do but universities are seeking projects to work on for real world experience for their high performing graduates.

SXSMachine
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
By the way -

Who's keeping a foot in "Both Camps" just in case

Seems BRP recognise there is a market for a Crossover machine, similar to what I may build out of the Spyder but look nothi9ng like it starting with Spyder but definitely crossover.

44089 44088 Ever seen a http://www.wesllcorp.com ??

Bytemi
04-19-2012, 06:25 AM
I don't like the way it looks, but I do like the idea of getting more of a motorcycle feel with the leaning. With all things considered, I will keep my Spyder. :D

SXSMachine
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Heres a much more detailed brief than I believe we have seen so far on the Bombardier product.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=sAAQAgAAEBAJ&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=leaning+vehicle&source=bl&ots=eFCFO9Adi4&sig=4AbEf0kqvRC-BqimanA9sikfqlk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oZ86UN2bIabBiQeatoGwDw&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=leaning%20vehicle&f=false

Still no comment on a production bike, but goes into a bit more detail than just "protection" I think.

daveinva
08-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Heres a much more detailed brief than I believe we have seen so far on the Bombardier product.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=sAAQAgAAEBAJ&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=leaning+vehicle&source=bl&ots=eFCFO9Adi4&sig=4AbEf0kqvRC-BqimanA9sikfqlk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=oZ86UN2bIabBiQeatoGwDw&ved=0CD0Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=leaning%20vehicle&f=false

Still no comment on a production bike, but goes into a bit more detail than just "protection" I think.

Ooooh.... I was about to scoff at yet another link to that single years-old patent drawing we've all seen before, but with PLENTY of drawings filed just this past January, this was genuinely new to me.

Hmmmm... :popcorn:

SXSMachine
08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Ooooh.... I was about to scoff at yet another link to that single years-old patent drawing we've all seen before, but with PLENTY of drawings filed just this past January, this was genuinely new to me.

Hmmmm... :popcorn:

Yeah Dave I'm not sure if you went through all the Polaris Patents filed but there have been substantial amounts just recently that can only mean one thing to me, that there is an existing prototype that has been tested. Did you notice there was also a drawing for a quadcycle spyder as well?

Now with the summation of there being a leaning Yike in existence who has been to the Spyder plant lately?? Who has seen the non-production prototypes? Who may have seen the 'pre-production" prototypes? :popcorn::popcorn:

Just the volume of paperwork and the summation they couldn't do it without proving the prototype (no point patenting what doesn't work) Somebody definately knows something and just who could that be??? :doorag::doorag: :ani29:

SXSMachine
06-22-2013, 07:12 PM
This is the update bike for the final production test at Pikes Peake, after that it will be looking at how to productise the platform and on what machines so that we cover the market. No Photoshopping thats the real deal.

Chupaca
06-22-2013, 07:28 PM
check out the Ducati 620 Monstrosity..to add to the collections. Still even if they got one to work well it would better fit the category of a bike with all it's same knee scraping foot crunching shoulder banging qualities. Imo roadster remain in a category of their own..!! :ohyea:

SXSMachine
06-22-2013, 07:57 PM
check out the Ducati 620 Monstrosity..to add to the collections. Still even if they got one to work well it would better fit the category of a bike with all it's same knee scraping foot crunching shoulder banging qualities. Imo roadster remain in a category of their own..!! :ohyea:

The Ducati at the moment is in pieces LOL it also needs to be rebuilt to current spec or even next spec but there will be a range of bikes across all platforms from Cruisers to at least street sports and who knows maybe even full sports bikes. It already works well we have 5 years development work in practice, 4 bikes built (including a big bore on/offroad bike) and the next will add a wheel for a Quadricycle is the current plan and meanwhile we will be looking for funding to get the factory production of the three wheeler underway. :yes::yes:

elixermixer
06-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Piaggio mp3
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13641_3-9892882-44.html

Not sure what the problem is? If they rock a 500cc scooter I'm sure we could make the spyder work... But isn't the "flat" non leaning feel what has helped bring in many spyderlovers who may have never set foot in the motorcycle world otherwise?

SXSMachine
06-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Piaggio mp3
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13641_3-9892882-44.html

Not sure what the problem is? If they rock a 500cc scooter I'm sure we could make the spyder work... But isn't the "flat" non leaning feel what has helped bring in many spyderlovers who may have never set foot in the motorcycle world otherwise?

I think there definitely a side of the fence for some people, there are some that would be happy to own and run both.

The reasons they cant do the current Spyder as leaning are far too many as I tried going that path myself as a starting point but going over them here would just strike up debate and I dont want that myself, I just want everyone to enjoy what technology they have for what it is. :doorag:

I dont know about licensing in the US or Canada etc but in goo dol Oz we have to do a practical exam (usually proceeded by an 8 or 4 hour course as a lead in depending on your riding ability) on 2 wheels (there may be an exemption process for the disabled but they dont have a 250 to ride which is our restriction on learner permit at least and provisional permit for some as well) so you have to be able to ride here before you take balance out of the equation somewhat to go to the Spyder. On the other hand we have the same Piaggio and Q3 etc down here so they could always use that.

Our system is mechanical its close to riding a two wheeler while having more than two wheels as you get, we do no jiggery pokery with system controls of lean, pitch and yaw.

There those that swear by two and hate Spyders, there's those who ride more than two wheels only because they have too and this system is a step towards two wheeling, and it also could scare some people if they were not comfortable with the leaning bikes and like the stability that multiple wheels currently brings with the flatter ride. Any of the 3 types worth their salt can do the speed limits with grace and poise. Its when you do the hustle you start and separate the technologies into what they are currently capable of.

I feel no doubt the leaning Spyder is coming but there are design differences between what this system is aimed at doing rather than just leaning that separate it from a leaning Spyder. So that again will be another separate layer of niche bikes. :D

SXSMachine
06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
I forgot to post I think a picture somebody did in CS5 or something of the remodeled Spyder body as I saw it on the current shape for a leaning Spyder.

SXSMachine
07-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Here is a tickler Video of the Tremoto on Pikes Peake until we get the full footage of the Tremoto Go_pro's, I did post it with the link to start at 11.05 so you only had to see the Tremoto if that w=your interest or watch the whole thing if thats your boggle.

http://youtu.be/rPRtY4kC4kU?t=11m5s

SXSMachine
07-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Here is the Pikes Peakes direct Cam footage by one fast trike!!

http://youtu.be/To6MHf6i0Xc

GeoffCee
07-07-2013, 05:24 AM
While we're talking alternatives, here's one a little bit different. Same principle as the Segway, but cuter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1YoCfm7nxU

SXSMachine
07-07-2013, 09:11 AM
While we're talking alternatives, here's one a little bit different. Same principle as the Segway, but cuter!

Ive been trying to keep in contact with these guys as a potential supplier to Australia. This video is so old now they are supposed to have a newly designed model around production engineering etc So this video is getting quite old in terms of models now, I'd really like to see some tickler film on thenew product. :)

SXSMachine
07-09-2013, 12:44 PM
So now Yamaha are finally going to release something Multiwheel to the road.

Details are sketchy as Yamaha plays coy as usual for any manufacturer and also makes claims though of sporting pretences.

Just two angles of the bike though show it to be close as can be to the Yamaha T-max unless it is acvtually the T-max with a Dual front end they are going to release which will relegate it OUT of the sporting picture and pant it firmly in the Maxi scooter/"light" tourer at best instead. They are a 530cc parallel twin from memory.

At any rate Asphalt and Rubber say "hey if you have sporting pretensions theres the bar" and post the Tremoto video from Pikes Peake and we'll hope to slap them further this year. One thing they do say is that Yamaha will also be releasing an ultracompact 4 wheeler at the Tokyo show but I get the feeling that isnt a bike rather a car like vehicle also included in the EEC L6 quadricycle category I think one of the requirements being 500cc and 51kw max power worth having a look at http://www.aixam.com/

Anyway enough adieu and to the Yamaha jalopy!

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/yamaha-leaning-multi-wheeler-lmw/

SXSMachine
07-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Not only is it ugly you better hope the "caddy" doesn't fall off the front when you hit a bump and you run it over!! I think its scary looking and since it hasn't gone anywhere I think most people agreed!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

http://sbarro.perso.neuf.fr/voitures/Yamaha_xj6_caddy/xj6_caddy.html

SXSMachine
11-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Toyota made the news recent with its little 3 wheel town car, well this is something completely different!! I'd say its more of a styling exercise at this point but stranger things have happened?? :yikes:

http://www.gizmag.com/toyota-fv2-concept/29664/

Bob Denman
11-05-2013, 08:14 PM
:shocked: What were they thinking??? :shocked:

SXSMachine
11-06-2013, 03:58 PM
:shocked: What were they thinking??? :shocked:

I saw better pictures of it on Tuvie and it more like a Segway for the streets, you're meant to get it going and stopping with leaning and the front and rear wheels stopping falling over at pace (nothing hoolding you in of course) but they are distinctly drawn and shown as road going vehicles!! What the???? :yikes:

In the meatime they are trying to outdo apple i the "i-" space wioth I thinkIve got 4 vehicles there now on Gizmag in the "i-" name space and several other vehicles like the fv2 such as the fv1! lol

Toyota are making a big dip at personal transportation, non-bike or "other" so at least there are thing happening in the field and with all the stuff I was able to find for my predictions post a lot of people are throwing a lot of money at personal transport. Its a great time in engineering and design.

The actual application of it and what people need as you know Bob I would say its simple, not saying its for everybody but it'll change your life, sub $15k and who knows when a factory gets set up and models standardised, you'd have to think its sub $10K dependent on components. Not that I am lecturing you on that!! :thumbup:

By the way have you seen this animation?? This is new.

http://youtu.be/G76Y_22hvDg

Bob Denman
11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Very nice... :thumbup: It made it real easy to see how that front suspension was put together... :clap:

SXSMachine
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Very nice... :thumbup: It made it real easy to see how that front suspension was put together... :clap:

I wouldnt say that is exactly how it is working as at the moment it shows it as keeping the bike upright (although its all the right shape except the upper a-arm, joint point) where as it more acts as a compression spring between the two wheels (nothing to do with the frame) so when one wheel hits a bump it actually pushes the other wheel towards the ground as the easiest thing to do and if it is already on the ground then the compression and rebound on the suspension comes into play bringing the airborne wheel back to the ground in a swift but controlled manner so it doesnt bounce or anything like. So that the quick description of the coil over shock you see.

Just because I have continually shown the BMW as the quadricycle and this just came through as the trike version I'll put it up.

http://youtu.be/3UddRGNvLxk

SNOOPY
11-06-2013, 07:50 PM