PDA

View Full Version : Harming City Navigator Software

Mspiv
04-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I have a2012 rt limited. It comes with a harming GPS.
Included in the box was a city navigator software cd. To install this software on needs an 8 digit code. Does that code come with it or is that another nickel and dime purchase.

Mike s

pwilbarger
04-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Some where in the box there should be some documentation including a little yellow piece of paper with the code on it if I remember correctly. It's kinda hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeWheels
04-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Harming ?
I suspect you mean Garmin.

I know it's confusing. I had the same problem when I got my GPS about 10 months ago. The disk indicated that a code was necessary, but it's not required.

The new Garmin software doesn't use a code. You connect up your GPS to your computer when installing the software and the GPS provides the authentication for the install.

pwilbarger
04-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Look for this. There is a unit SN & Registration code on bott. left and also SN on the back of CD holder.

Mspiv
04-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Some where in the box there should be some documentation including a little yellow piece of paper with the code on it if I remember correctly. It's kinda hard to find.

Perfect thanks I found it
you remembered exactly correctly
Mike s

Mspiv
04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks to all, very helpful.

Mike s

pwilbarger
04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
FYI: I have never used their software. I use MS Streets & Trips and export the data file to a .gpx file for use on my Garmin.

Mspiv
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
FYI: I have never used their software. I use MS Streets & Trips and export the data file to a .gpx file for use on

Thanks for the option

Moke s