PDA

View Full Version : Newest mods installed

SpyD2
04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Just out of curiosity... Having comfort seat, sport rack w/backrest and triple play lights installed on my spyder. What would be reasonable price to pay?

rhansen309
04-08-2012, 04:06 PM
That is a lot of work but I bet it will be very comfortable when it is done. I have done a lot of my own mods so I can't tell you what would be a good price. Just enjoy them when you get your Spyder back!!!

coz
04-08-2012, 04:31 PM
didn't they give you some kind of ballpark price? i think a comfort seat is about 450 plus maybe one hour labor. sportrack and backrest is seven something retail, maybe two hours labor, i don't know what a tripple play cost, maybe 200 plus an hour labor. i'm guessing around 1500 -2000 retail.:yikes: i'm sure i'll be corrected shortly.:popcorn: i don't think any of it is reasonable, but if it makes you happy, do it.

SpyD2
04-08-2012, 04:53 PM
That is a lot of work but I bet it will be very comfortable when it is done. I have done a lot of my own mods so I can't tell you what would be a good price. Just enjoy them when you get your Spyder back!!!

I am actually having a friend install the parts and he didn't quote me a price. I realize it's a lot of work and would like to compensate him for his time

JJW SpyderRider
04-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I am actually having a friend install the parts and he didn't quote me a price. I realize it's a lot of work and would like to compensate him for his time

Oh, in that case, 1 case of Bud :thumbup:... after the install.

I have the same setup and the times listed are about right for a dealer but it could take a little longer for the first time installer. I did mine and it did take a little longer than the times listed just to make sure I didn't screw up.

The seat makes a world of difference over stock.

coz
04-08-2012, 06:15 PM
is your friend a mechanic? or ''able ''. ? twenty or twenty five an hour should make him happy doing some side work, or a little more if you feel it's worth it. which it is, since a dealer is 90ish, and an indy shop might be50-60 per hour .:thumbup: having fun is usually expensive:roflblack:

SpyD2
04-08-2012, 06:40 PM
is your friend a mechanic? or ''able ''. ? twenty or twenty five an hour should make him happy doing some side work, or a little more if you feel it's worth it. which it is, since a dealer is 90ish, and an indy shop might be50-60 per hour .:thumbup: having fun is usually expensive:roflblack:

Thanks. This is pretty much what I figured

Bob Denman
04-09-2012, 07:03 AM
You DO realize that we'll need to see some pics of the Spyder after the installation work is completed! :thumbup: