PDA

View Full Version : What goes there?

Cavman
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm looking at the headlight modules on my 2010 RT. On the upper outside of the module there is a round chrome thingy there. What is supposed to go there? Something for another country? Option?

I have my modules out, took it apart and it looks like some option for other lights could go in there?
I'm trying to install some HID Bulbs which may require some trouble shooting.

Thanks.

bullant12
04-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm looking at the headlight modules on my 2010 RT. On the upper outside of the module there is a round chrome thingy there. What is supposed to go there? Something for another country? Option?

I have my modules out, took it apart and it looks like some option for other lights could go in there?
I'm trying to install some HID Bulbs which may require some trouble shooting.

Thanks.

You mean here (Blue dots)? 43423Genuine Can Am Spyder RT / 5-LED Front Headlamp Accent Lighting Kit / Pt # 219400188

Cavman
04-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Is there an after market part number like a bulb reference number? $135 for some LEDs is quite steep!
Thanks for the reply.

Bob Denman
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen anything from the aftermarket that'll fit in there...
Unless you try Reggy at TricLED... :dontknow:
Those accents come standard on the "S" and Limited models; the rest of us get to buy them... :opps:

Cavman
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I priced them. :yikes: And they don't give out any extra seeing light? So, I took two white 10mm bolt LEDs I had purchased several years ago from SuperBrightLEDs and installed them in the chrome things. These are hooked into a TricLED controller on a seperate channel.

I had everything apart installing a set of HID lights from DDM Tuning. I had to talk to one of their tech guys for some tweaking of the hook up. All went well on the install.

Thanks for the reply on what those chrome things are. :D

bullant12
04-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I priced them. :yikes: And they don't give out any extra seeing light? So, I took two white 10mm bolt LEDs I had purchased several years ago from SuperBrightLEDs and installed them in the chrome things. These are hooked into a TricLED controller on a seperate channel.

I had everything apart installing a set of HID lights from DDM Tuning. I had to talk to one of their tech guys for some tweaking of the hook up. All went well on the install.

Thanks for the reply on what those chrome things are. :D

Great Job Man!!!:ohyea:

Bob Denman
04-07-2012, 07:04 AM
:agree: :thumbup: :firstplace: