PDA

View Full Version : I Dare You

arntufun
04-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Not to wear a full face helmet. :doorag:

A guy I know shared a photo he took this week with me and told me to make sure I wear a full face helmet this year because it's going to be brutal for bugs. He lives in Texas and he said it's bad down there already. Frankly, I believe him !!!! :roflblack:

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: Thats not mud !!!

mowin
04-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Breakfast anyone....

Oh ya...whats the story with u changin pics?? On vaca in the Keys, and im thinkin I missed something...

MarkLawson
04-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Some years back, when I lived in Waco, Texas, I rode my bike to College Station on a Sunday morning to attend church with some friends. I wore a pair of slacks, white dress shirt and a tie on the ride. When I got there, I looked down to make sure everything was looking the way it should when I realized I must have ridden through a swarm of gnats on the rode. I had about a hundred dried smashed gnats on my white dress shirt... :gaah:

:roflblack:

daveinva
04-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Part of me wanted to take a photo of my Spyder windshield after 300 miles of riding through West Virginia this week in order to capture just how horrific the carnage was. Seriously, the whole thing was a smear or red and black, a literal insect holocaust.

Thankfully my windshield is tall enough to keep most of that guuk off of my helmet, but I run a shorter windshield once the weather warms up... so, yeah, can't wait until I'm wiping off bugs like crazy at every stop.

Bob Denman
04-06-2012, 07:42 AM
must have ridden through a swarm of gnats on the rode. I had about a hundred dried smashed gnats on my white dress shirt... :gaah:

Try running (or better yet; DON'T! :shocked: ) through a swarm of June Bugs. about thwenty strikes from them to the chops and you're ready for a break and a bath...
ATGATT! :2thumbs:

SteveMac
04-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Breakfast anyone....

Oh ya...whats the story with u changin pics?? On vaca in the Keys, and im thinkin I missed something...

Last I saw, Randy was having an affair with Nancy Grace! I'm usually on Tapatalk so I don't see the sig lines. But it was shocking to me when I finally got on a PC. :joke:

Lamonster
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I have a picture of me somewhere with a half helmet on and my face and helmet looked pretty much like that but all the bugs were black. Looked like I had pepper all over my face. :doorag:

bullant12
04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Last I saw, Randy was having an affair with Nancy Grace! I'm usually on Tapatalk so I don't see the sig lines. But it was shocking to me when I finally got on a PC. :joke:

And before that I think it was Jennifer Love Hewitt... Better than Oprah and Nancy Grace (by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin:barf:) but not close to Holly:hun: What gives, Randy?!?:dontknow:

zrc
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
And before that I think it was Jennifer Love Hewitt... Better than Oprah and Nancy Grace (by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin:barf:) but not close to Holly:hun: What gives, Randy?!?:dontknow:

I have seen, Casey Anthony, Nancy Grace, and now Oprah. I mean lets just go out on a limb here, he has a thing for the high profile ladies. Next thing we know he will have a pic of that lady Rush L. was talking smack about.

Bob Denman
04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe it's his mid-life crisis kicking in... :shocked: :roflblack:
Oh... His first "wayward moment" :yikes: was with Casey Anthony... Although JLH would have been a much better choice!

bullant12
04-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Maybe it's his mid-life crisis kicking in... :shocked: :roflblack:
Oh... His first "wayward moment" :yikes: was with Casey Anthony... Although JLH would have been a much better choice!

What a confusion!!!:yikes: I'm seeing a pattern here (although Oprah throws me off...:crackpipe:)

vampyregirl
04-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Try running (or better yet; DON'T! :shocked: ) through a swarm of June Bugs. about thwenty strikes from them to the chops and you're ready for a break and a bath...
ATGATT! :2thumbs:

I can definitely relate to this!!!

Then you try stopping on a road where there are crushed crunchy carcasses all over the street!!!! The ultimate "slip and slide"!!!!!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Thank goodness for ABS... :shocked:
Although the bike always seems to need an extra cleaning... :gaah:

dannymax
04-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Bring it!! I ain't skeered a no steekin' bugs!

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/danu3247/The Web Crawler/100_2693.jpg

Sarge707
04-06-2012, 08:50 PM
We have Very Few Bugs in Connecticut-
1- They can,t afford the Cost of Living!
2- They can,t afford the Taxes!
Honestly we have Very few Bugs because we get a Lot of Canadien Air fronts passing through ALL Year!:yes:

coz
04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
cool pic dan, very mad max:thumbup: arntufun just needs a real windshield.

arntufun
04-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Bite your tongue !!! :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:

stutzmason
04-07-2012, 04:47 AM
The bugs here aint too bad ... unless you happen to swallow the green ones ... they are not quite ripe yet and are very very sour!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

granpa in Cincy
04-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I have seen, Casey Anthony, Nancy Grace, and now Oprah. I mean lets just go out on a limb here, he has a thing for the high profile ladies. Next thing we know he will have a pic of that lady Rush L. was talking smack about.

Or Rosie. :yikes:

Bob Denman
04-07-2012, 07:03 AM
And here I was betting that it'd be Kim Kardashian... :opps:

dannymax
04-07-2012, 07:22 AM

Gawd, I hope not!! I'm sooo sick of seeing & hearing about those Kardashians I could scream.....in fact, I WILL scream.....:gaah::gaah::gaah:

dannymax
04-07-2012, 07:27 AM

Thanks coz....this is Harley country, I gotta look a little radical or they'll pick on me! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

coz
04-07-2012, 07:58 AM
that might quiet down the h d 's:roflblack:

Bob Denman
04-07-2012, 08:25 AM
You know what really quiets them down? Telling them that the Spyders are a Vee-Twin powered, North American ride... The other, other North American Vee-Twin! :2thumbs:

Lamonster
04-07-2012, 10:01 AM
You know what really quiets them down? Telling them that the Spyders are a Vee-Twin powered, North American ride... The other, other North American Vee-Twin! :2thumbs:

The v-twin part is made in Austria :lecturef_smilie:

Sarge707
04-07-2012, 11:12 AM

I,m thinking DP "Danica Patrick!!" Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes:

ARtraveler
04-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Not to many bug swarms in my part of AK. I feel lucky about that.

I am going to stay out of the girl controversy--but wondering what the plan is here. :roflblack:

flaggerphil
04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I just saw my first couple of love bugs here in central Florida. Won't be long now until it'll be great fun watching guys ride with no helmet...

boborgera
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Ah, Bob your forgetting Victory, The other American '' V '' Twin. And there are a few others, just low volume in the sales dept.

AMTJIM
04-07-2012, 06:20 PM
When ever a you hear a bell ring, an angel gets it's wings...When ever your ears are ringing, you may have hit a palo verde beetle.