PDA

View Full Version : Memorial weekend Gatherin' @ flamingobabe's

flamingobabe
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
OK...Memorial Weekend Gatherin'...Pearland, Texas

my husband, hotglue and I have been doing a Bar-b-que for 15 years "Gatherin' of the Fools" basicly for Valkyrie...now it is just about every kind of bike.....when we first started it was about 25 people....this last weekend it was about 200 people....here is a video from last weekend.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WtmzLKSjfs&feature=player_embedded#!

but we want to start a gatherin' for Spyders...everyone is invited...we have camping in our back pasture, out door shower, toilet on the patio...we hope some vendors want to come so we all can bling out our Spyders...we have a shop with a lift...tools...etc...I know the Texas Spyder Ryders will come...Mr. Orange said he was coming....Lamonster said he would show up...hopefully Spyderpops can make it down...so if you don't have plans for Memorial Day weekend....make plans to come to Texas...this is the 1st of many more...see y'all

Spyder Gatherin'

Fri - May 25th travel day
Sat - May 26th Ride in morning - work in shop - Bar-b-que about 4pm
Sun - May 27th - ??? Travel day
Mon - May 28th - Travel day
Hotel info: location may change due to road construction ...we'll check on it
Howard Johnson Clear Lake
15313 I-45 South - Gulf Freeway
Houston, Texas 77034
281-484-1500

glynnk
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I'll be there....great video!

Glynn

Lamonster
04-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I got the dates marked. I think SpyderPops is talking about going too. :doorag:

lil rabbit
04-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Wow great video Sis, man I wish I could have been there. Maybe I can try to make it on Memorial Weekend. :thumbup:

Lil Rabbit:doorag:

RAYYOU
04-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Great video. We have put it on the calendar between SpyderFest and Durango. It's going to be
a busy Spyder year.

StriperKing
04-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Man now that looks like my kinda place. I wish we could come down, so far and so little time. Have fun.

flamingobabe
04-07-2012, 06:52 AM
OK...glynnk, Lamonster, Rayyou...can't wait to see y'all.....maybe list of lil rabbit (just fly down from Washington)...SpyderPops hope to see you....in another thread Mr. Orange said he was coming...along with Yazz and a few more Texans.......bring it on...some of the best brisket you will ever eat

shadow0401
04-07-2012, 05:25 PM
We are in League City and marked the calender, we're just down the road. Hope to make it and meet some of the folks!
Would like directions to the gathering.
Dave

FmfTxs
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Bonnie and I will be there, can not miss a flamingo babe & HotGlue event.:yes:

Rick & Bonnie

Siennabob
04-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Sally and I will be there... I can still taste that awesome brisket! :thumbup:

conroe spyders
04-08-2012, 07:44 AM
COUNT US IN !!! We had a blast at GOTF plus this is my birthday weekend, we wouldn't miss it.

flamingobabe
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Striperking...it's just a 2 day trip down...2days here...2 days home.....2X-2X-2X

Shadow0401 - I'll send you a PM...look forward to meetin y'all

Rick & Bonnie, Siennabob, Conroe Spyders....can't wait to see y'all again....ths time I'll be able to visit.....

ozzie
04-09-2012, 02:29 PM
count me in. i cant believe i missed the last event - i'm in pearland.

flamingobabe
04-09-2012, 02:47 PM
ozzie...where have you been....see y'all in May...Memorial weekend....

Yazz
04-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Almost missed this thread...

Ya'll know I'll be there!

Ozzie, it'll be good to see you again.

dave711
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Well since the house burned down with the spyder in it, haven't gotten out much. However got a new house, got a new spyder, and a new calendar and marked the date to meet ya!

conroe spyders
04-18-2012, 07:06 PM
:pray: God Bless you & the bad luck in the past! Happy to hear things are better now, congrats! See ya at FB & HG's Memorial weekend:ohyea:

Well since the house burned down with the spyder in it, haven't gotten out much. However got a new house, got a new spyder, and a new calendar and marked the date to meet ya!

flamingobabe
04-18-2012, 10:33 PM
dave711...good to hear of the new house and new Spyder....looking foward to meeting you

thehawk
04-27-2012, 07:46 PM
dave711 ... Nice to see you back on the board. We met the morning you and your wife picked up the new RT at Central Tx Powersports! Congrats on the new house and Spyder:).

thehawk

spyderdiva
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
OK...glynnk, Lamonster, Rayyou...can't wait to see y'all.....maybe list of lil rabbit (just fly down from Washington)...SpyderPops hope to see you....in another thread Mr. Orange said he was coming...along with Yazz and a few more Texans.......bring it on...some of the best brisket you will ever eat

Can't make this one have other plans. Thanks for the invite.

flamingobabe
05-02-2012, 09:35 PM
just a reminder...if you need something to do Memorial weekend...come on down to Texas....and enjoy the ride down and good bar-b-que with all the fix'ings...need info pm me....

dave711
05-06-2012, 10:39 AM
dave711 ... Nice to see you back on the board. We met the morning you and your wife picked up the new RT at Central Tx Powersports! Congrats on the new house and Spyder:).

thehawk

Good to be back in action... haven't had much riding time as yet with setting up the new house, but did get lamont's nbc footpegs and third tail light installed and getting ready to install the utopia backrest and I'll be comfortable on the road again. Planning on making the trip to flamingobabe's end of may. Should catch up with ya'll on some of the local trips too..

L8er

Dave

SPYDERPOPS
05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Did someone say BBQ? I'm there! I plan on bringing some stuff to install as Hotglue talked me into it. He has a special lift for me to try out and I can't wait.

I'm pulling a 622 trailer so supplies will be limited.
Harvey

flamingobabe
05-07-2012, 06:39 PM
dave711 and spyderpops....whoohoo!!!! excited that y'all are coming down....it's going to be great!!!!

hotglue
05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Harvey... I will have my bikes off the lift and set up for picking up the Spyders!!!!!
Can't wait!!!!!!sent ya a pm!!!!

hotglue
05-11-2012, 08:53 PM
OK... FB is on my case.... I've had my bike on the lift for a week.... doing mods... and she sez it's time ta ride....Waiting for parts I've welded up and finished to get their paint dry.... then pull and relace the rear tire... go thru the rear end... put it all back together....
I really need ta finish up and get busy getting ready for the BBQ!!!!!!.... Wooo Hoo!!!!!
Can't wait!!!!! besides.... my bike needs to be off the lift so Spyderpops can have it!!!!!:yes:

flamingobabe
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
OK... FB is on my case.... I've had my bike on the lift for a week.... doing mods... and she sez it's time ta ride....Waiting for parts I've welded up and finished to get their paint dry.... then pull and relace the rear tire... go thru the rear end... put it all back together....
I really need ta finish up and get busy getting ready for the BBQ!!!!!!.... Wooo Hoo!!!!!
Can't wait!!!!! besides.... my bike needs to be off the lift so Spyderpops can have it!!!!!:yes:

his bike is still on the lift.....but all is ready to go to chromer....let's get ready for memorial day weekend...please post so we have a head count for food....:2excited:
:yes::yes:
:yes:

RAYYOU
05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Cheryl and I will be there.

scooterexpress
05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
if it don't rain me and my wife will be there.

Yazz
05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Me and Hubby will be there!

conroe spyders
05-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Craig & I will be there!

harddrive
05-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Amanda and I are planning on attending. It is going to be a blast. Thanks.

springcrawler
05-19-2012, 08:13 PM
his bike is still on the lift.....but all is ready to go to chromer....let's get ready for memorial day weekend...please post so we have a head count for food....:2excited:
:yes::yes:
:yes:

Roxanne & i will also be coming

FmfTxs
05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Flamingo,
Here is a list of SRA members going to your " FANTASTIC" event. Some have already posted that they will be going.

Tracy & Donna
Rick (RSVP)
Greg & Roxane (RSVP)
Glynn (RSVP)
Bob C
Ken & Jann
Boyd & Romney (RSVP)
Ed
Allan & Julie
Ray & Cheryl (RSVP)
Bob W
Craig & Laura (RSVP)
Rick & Bonnie (RSVP)

I hope this helps, the grouyp is very eager to attend.

Rick"fmftxs"Glugla

flamingobabe
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Rick...thanks for the head count.....looks like we'll have about 40 Spyder people...plus neighbors and friends...we're getting excited...had company all weekend...from Kansas...Austin...all are gone now...time to get to work in the yard.....see everyone next weekend....WhooHoo!!

conroe spyders
05-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to a belated birthday party with all my Spyder friends!!! See you soon:ohyea:

PS- What time is the ride you have planned for Saturday morning? That way we can be there on time to join/go.

hotglue
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
I think the ride is planning to leave here around 10 am...
Man... I'm looking forward to this weekend!!!!
hg

Dar
05-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry I will not make this. Came through Houston this past Friday on my way to CA. Hope Y'all have a great time.
Here is a pic at Texas Canyon in AZ.

flamingobabe
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Sorry I will not make this. Came through Houston this past Friday on my way to CA. Hope Y'all have a great time.
Here is a pic at Texas Canyon in AZ.
you will be missed...nobody has a hat like you

Dar
05-23-2012, 12:01 AM
:bbq::bbq::thumbup:

RAYYOU
05-26-2012, 09:18 PM
We would like to thank you for the GREAT hospitality. We had a GREAT time and it was GREAT seeing everyone again.

Cheryl & Ray

conroe spyders
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Thank you both again. Great BBQ, brisket AND birthday cake!!! Ya'll are the best, thank you again & again!!!

glynnk
05-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Thank you both (Flamingobabe and HotGlue) for another fantastic event. Appreciate the vendors showing up and all the Spyder riders from all over the place taking time to attend and participate. Thank you for your hospitality!

Hope to see you both again soon.

Glynn

sidelmad
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
we hade a great time, food was great thanks for having us down, we just got home safe and sound stopped and seen the grandkids ,Nancy already taking a nap LOL ,hope to see everyone again soon:clap::clap:

bye the way does any one have a widow peg for the highway bracket Nancy had 1 fall off some were? i'm planing on ordering but don't know if i can get just 1. hope this hasn't happened too anyone else but it is likely. the allen bolt came out of the adaptor for the peg. thought i would ask

springcrawler
05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Thank you both (Flamingobabe and HotGlue) for another fantastic event. Appreciate the vendors showing up and all the Spyder riders from all over the place taking time to attend and participate. Thank you for your hospitality!

Hope to see you both again soon.

Glynn

Yes we also had a fantastic time all starting with the ride on saturday then the eating of the Q.. had Harvey install my skid plate so i will be ready for whatever i may run over:dontknow: today the ride to the battleship TEXAS was also amazing,, what a great place to enjoy memorial day on such a historic piece of history then lunch afterwards,, FB & HG thanks for all you do to bring us all togather.. will cu next time
Greg

SPYDERPOPS
05-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Just got home, thanks for the wonderful hospitality both of you are SUPER TROOPERS!

Had a great time meeting new friends and seeing old friends.

Hotglue is the king of smoking brisket, best ever!

Anyone up for a Spyder Rodeo, I may have the Bronco riding down.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kyhev0

RAYYOU
05-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Glad you made it home safe Spyder Pops It was great to see you again.

Your Friends
Ray & Cheryl

redroC
05-27-2012, 10:16 PM
Romney and I had a great time.
I want to say thanks to FmfTxs for the ride to Galveston and back.

And thanks to Spyder Pops for making the trip down here and the awesome skid plate.

And thank you FB and Hotglue, the BBQ was wonderful and you have a beautiful place.
Loved the wild flowers and the garden.

Thank you again for the invite we had a wonderful time.

Romney and Boyd

FmfTxs
05-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Just got home, thanks for the wonderful hospitality both of you are SUPER TROOPERS!

Had a great time meeting new friends and seeing old friends.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kyhev0
Spyderpops,
:firstplace:I believe you are the winner of our First Annual FB & Hotglue Galveston Beach Rodeo.:bowdown: Flamingo and Hotglue once again it was blast, thank you for letting us enjoy your true Texas Hospitality. Plus a big thank you to all our new and old spyder friends for the true Spyder friendship.
:bowdown:

Rick & Bonnie

scooterexpress
05-28-2012, 07:58 AM
i have to go along with ev1 here that was a fantastic get together was like "spyderfest the saga continues" the bbq was great! thanks hotglue/flamingobabe. made a good b-day present for the other half noticed i didn't say better half..lol shhh don't tell her that though:roflblack:..looking fwd to another meet-up with you all.

Yazz
05-28-2012, 10:07 AM

Kicking myself for missing the First Annual FB & Hotglue Galveston Beach Rodeo. :gaah:

Going to practice my Bronco ryding and get in on the action next year!

FB and HG, we had a great time at the BBQ. Ya'll are wonderful people! Thank you very much for hosting "The Gathering of the Spyders."

Meeting up with old friends, making new ones, ryding, chatting, it was all good. Especially the BBQ! :firstplace:

hotglue
05-28-2012, 12:04 PM
FB and I had a GREAT time gettin together with everyone this weekend!!!!!
What Fun!!!
Special thanks to Spyderpops for coming down and hanging out with us! Thanks Harvey , for the donation towards the meat! Your working in the shop was the highlight of the party.... EVERYBODY spent some time out there watching the operations and kickin' tires!...and some got new bumpskids on their rides!!!!!!!
Thanks Rick for leading the ride! Man... I sure wish I could have seen the 'Beach Rodeo" LOL
The 'Far Rider award goes to Mr. Orange!!!! an indirect route from north of Chicago!!!! The ride to, and the tour of the Battleship Texas was Great!!!! thanks for the wonderfull idea!!!!!!
Romney!!!!! those home made cookies are the BOMB!!!!!!! I ate soooo many, I will look like a bale of cotton with the middle hoop busted next time we all get together...LOL
Thanks ALL for coming and MAKING the party!!!!!!
We had a BLAST!!!! Can't wait til the next get together!!!!!

FB has been working all morning to get the pictures into a movie format... has all the pics loaded, but having a hardtime with the music..... hopefully she will have it soon!!! LOL

ARtraveler
05-28-2012, 12:25 PM
What a great gathering. You folks know how to put on a party. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

flamingobabe
05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks everyone who came...I love y'all....I made a post on the main board for all to see....here's the video
bad music...copyrighted working on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_EjKC9zAYk&feature=channel&list=UL

Siennabob
05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
HG and FB,

Thanks again for the great times and ryde. HG, the barbecue was fantastic, best brisket ever! :bbq: FB, you are a great hostess. Fantastic meeting fellow spyder riders from Texas and elsewhere. The ryde yesterday to the batteship Texas was awesome and lunch at the Monument Inn also was great. Even though I went into limp mode on the way home, all seems to be OK with my spyder now. Harvey, my skidplate and block off plate are working great; it was nice to meet you and look forward to seeing you again in Durango next nonth.

Thanks again HG and FB; you are awesome!!! :thumbup:

Siennabob

hotglue
05-28-2012, 02:34 PM
FB's video is not coming up..... seems Utube doesn't like the music she put with the pics..:banghead:... Yep she's a 'Lawbreaker'.:lecturef_smilie:..LOL...She's working on it......
Edit... she has it fixed above!!!!!!!

harleyRick
05-29-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry I missed it I love the BBQ and that coleslaw MMMM MMM

conroe spyders
05-29-2012, 06:28 PM
FB thanks for the video, love it , great job :thumbup: !!!