PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with rear tire replacement - I already have a tire.

kinggeek
04-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Okay it is time for a new tire, I got the Kuhmo Ecsta AST. I pulled the rear wheel, sprocket and hub. My question is do I need to remove that funky wheel bearing nut to get a new tire put on or can any tire shop dot it with that in there?

Thanks in advance.

Sarge707
04-03-2012, 05:19 PM
:popcorn:I need to know too? All the video,s never show anything about that part???:dontknow:

Texmac1011
04-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Remove the hub and a tire shop will have no problem.

SPYDERGUY1
04-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I also needed to change my rear tire due to agressive RIDING ( HA HA HA ) burnouts are awesome. I have an 08 gs, and took the time to remove rear wheel assembly and strip it down, minus the lock nut and bearing on the sprocket side. Took it into the tire shop today and the tech changed it out in less the 2 minutes ( rim clamp type tire changer ) no damage, no charge, even had ride on sealant in it. Before you strip your rim down, take it into the tire GURU'S and ask them. You probably do not even have to pull the sprocket, just remove the tire/rim from the bike and you should be good. Hope this helps...

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Now is the perfect time to move the stupid valve stem to the proper side of the rim where it should have been in the first place....get a metal mtc 90 degree angled stem from..KURVEGURL.COM she has the best price $10 per pair.....doing it is easy....the rim is alum.alloy and drills very nice.....go for it.......Mike......:thumbup:

kinggeek
04-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I got the tire mounted but the place that did it said they could not balance it on their balancer:yikes:. Took it to two other motorcycle service places and they cannot balance it either:yikes::yikes:. The only local dealer, Middletown Cycle, told me three days ago they could not balance it but could send it to a local shop for balancing:hun:. Today I called to ask where they send them for balancing but now they tell me THEY can balance it onsite.

Trying the dealer tomorrow, stay tuned...

SPYDERGUY1
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
try RIDE-ON SEALANT/BALANCER, and forget about the wheel weights, numerous posts previous have explained this as does the RIDE ON web site.

kinggeek
04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
OK I got Ride On and I must say everything I read is true so far. No wheel weights, shook like mad for about 10 miles but smooth as silk now! :doorag: Like a different ride with car tires. Huge upgrade in handling. All I can say is WOW!

SpyderAnn01
04-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Just finished installing my Kumho rear tire but it is cold and raining so no test drive until tomorrow. Now I should be ready for whatever the road has in store for us on our trip to Spyderfest.

kinggeek
04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
OK. Earlier in this thread I said Ride On was working great BUT I did about 500 miles in last three days and I feel like the front end wobbles at highway speeds. I am relatively sure it is not just my imagination, I can put my foot on the front fender and feel the shake, the right seems worse than the left.

I put in the recommended amounts and I do not remember having this issue before the Ride On was installed. I am hinking of taking it out and getting them spin balanced.

Anyone else seen this?

Sarge707
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.counteractbalancing.com/counteract/

Consider the above= Best Non-Weight balancing system. Read the link and decide for yourself.
I used 2 Ounces in front and 3 1/2 in My New rear and very smooth- 75 MPH highway in windy conditions ONE hand easily.nojoke

NancysToy
04-17-2012, 11:52 AM
OK. Earlier in this thread I said Ride On was working great BUT I did about 500 miles in last three days and I feel like the front end wobbles at highway speeds. I am relatively sure it is not just my imagination, I can put my foot on the front fender and feel the shake, the right seems worse than the left.

I put in the recommended amounts and I do not remember having this issue before the Ride On was installed. I am hinking of taking it out and getting them spin balanced.

Anyone else seen this?
What you are experiencing is not necessarily the Ride-On. Improperly mounted tires, or tires or wheels that are not true can cause the same. Checking the wheels and tires for both radial and lateral runout is a good place to look first.