PDA

View Full Version : Would Red LIght Tripper affect Spider Electronics?

ulflyer
04-02-2012, 03:18 PM
A friend of mine who rides to work thru a lot of lights wants to try one. Only question I'd have is whether it might affect Nanny or her siblings?

gln2
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
I have had one on mine for over a year now and no problems. Works great

Firefly
04-02-2012, 03:31 PM
A friend of mine who rides to work thru a lot of lights wants to try one. Only question I'd have is whether it might affect Nanny or her siblings?

They work well... won't mess up Spyder at all....

ulflyer
04-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to know. Will pass info on to my friend.

wyliec
04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
They work well... won't mess up Spyder at all....

Which one do you have? I have a few lights that don't change for the spyder. Either I have to wait for a car or take a right and then u-turn.

Firefly
04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Which one do you have? I have a few lights that don't change for the spyder. Either I have to wait for a car or take a right and then u-turn.

Green Light Trigger HP.....

arntufun
04-02-2012, 05:14 PM
I hope you boys arn't the same ones that think those Deer whistlers work ??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Firefly
04-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I hope you boys arn't the same ones that think those Deer whistlers work ??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

The Green Light HP units work well. One light that I would always get caught at now works quite well. It's not 100% -- but before I would hit the light and it would only change like 3 out of 10 times for me.... now it's like 8-9 times out of 10. It was a lead left on my way to work...used to have to run it all the time because it wouldn't trigger.

BajaRon
04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The Green Light HP units work well. One light that I would always get caught at now works quite well. It's not 100% -- but before I would hit the light and it would only change like 3 out of 10 times for me.... now it's like 8-9 times out of 10. It was a lead left on my way to work...used to have to run it all the time because it wouldn't trigger.

I used to do the same thing all the time.... It did help to be in a fire truck...:ohyea:

Firefly
04-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Hey.. did your wife go missing and Nancy Grace is helping you find her??? :roflblack:

rhansen309
04-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Details please??

arntufun
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey.. did your wife go missing and Nancy Grace is helping you find her??? :roflblack:

:roflblack:
:roflblack::roflblack: Bombshell tonight !!!!!!! I love Nancy Grace !!!!!

pro10is
04-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Bombshell tonight !!!!!!! I love Nancy Grace !!!!!

She's a little old for you but a huge improvement from your previous Holly replacement photo. :clap:

ulflyer
04-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Firefly: PM sent

larrymz3
04-05-2012, 08:12 AM
So, do you guys think it's worth picking one of these light trippers up? I've seen them on eBay for <$15.

HntngTrout
04-05-2012, 09:45 AM
It maybe cheaper to do it this way
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?190673-LOW-COST-RED-LIGHT-SIGNAL-TRIPPER

joet82
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
There was a guy in Carlsbad, CA, this week who got arrested for using an electronic version of this (only legally used on firetrucks and ambulances), and was fined $2000.

They were able to track him after noticing an annomoly in the timing of the signals. Just a heads up to be careful of what kind of tripper you're purchasing.

wyliec
04-05-2012, 12:33 PM
It maybe cheaper to do it this way
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?190673-LOW-COST-RED-LIGHT-SIGNAL-TRIPPER

Just something I found when looking at the red light changers:

Q: Wouldn't one of those heavy-pull magnet assemblies work better?
A: Actually no. Lifting assemblies are made by enclosing a magnet in a frame of steel plate. The magnetic field tends to stay inside the plate rather than spreading out into the surrounding space. The result is a high field density between the assembly's poles but very little elsewhere, so you get a strong magnetic pull, but only up close. The flux isolation base of the Green Light™ Trigger is designed to hold the Trigger magnet away from your bike's frame, preventing that kind of field collapse.
Q: Is that why the Trigger doesn't hang on to the frame as strongly as a bare magnet would?
A: Yes. We don't allow it to close-couple to the bike's frame, so it doesn't waste its field on sticking to the bike. That way it can be more effective on the signal loops.

Firefly
04-05-2012, 12:39 PM
There was a guy in Carlsbad, CA, this week who got arrested for using an electronic version of this (only legally used on firetrucks and ambulances), and was fined $2000.

They were able to track him after noticing an annomoly in the timing of the signals. Just a heads up to be careful of what kind of tripper you're purchasing.

Totally different thing. These Green Light Triggers only help make the presence of your motorcycle known to the sensors in the ground... so you don't get stuck by a turn signal not thinking there is a vehicle there.