PDA

View Full Version : GOTF.... FB and I Thank You ALL!!!!!!!!!!

hotglue
04-02-2012, 07:00 AM
We had an XXXtra Large Time!!!!!!
FB and I supply a place, and cook some grub......
But All You Fine Folks that come..... Make the Party!!!!!!!!!!
And we get ta hang out with some of the Best folks around!!!!! Seeing friends, kickin' tires, tellin' lies...LOL.. WoooHooo!!!!!!
Best count with some late arrivals was just over 200.
I would have never believed that I would outgrow my BBQ pit.... but we did have to bring in another this year to cook all the meat!!! LOL

We want to thank you ALL for your open hearts and generosity.
Y'all raised $ 3816 for the Texas Lions Camp for disabled Children.!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
FB and I are going to follow Y'all's lead, and round it off to $4000...That sounds like a good round number.

Now here is what it's ALL about:
Sarah, the young girl that drew the 50/50 ticket at the Gatherin', has a hearing disability and pulmonary issues.... we are very lucky she is even with us today....Her activities are limited.
She is not able to do the things her sisters do. We have been working to get her to the Texas Lions Camp. Her parents had not told her of this, waiting on a sign off from her Doctors.... they didn't want her to be disappointed if unable to go.
When Sarah got home she was asking what all the deal was with the money.... her folks told her that it was to support the Camp, and that she was going to go this Summer.
Sarah said:"I get to go to camp?"
Then she clasped her little hands to her chest and said "I'm so glad I have this"

Thank You ALL for making a difference.
gotta stop... the gnats in my eyes have my screen all fuzzy.

bitsy224m
04-02-2012, 08:03 AM
GREAT!!!!!!...MY SCREEN HAS GNATS TOO.....:clap:

harleyRick
04-02-2012, 10:55 AM
We had an XXXtra Large Time!!!!!!
FB and I supply a place, and cook some grub......
But All You Fine Folks that come..... Make the Party!!!!!!!!!!
And we get ta hang out with some of the Best folks around!!!!! Seeing friends, kickin' tires, tellin' lies...LOL.. WoooHooo!!!!!!
Best count with some late arrivals was just over 200.
I would have never believed that I would outgrow my BBQ pit.... but we did have to bring in another this year to cook all the meat!!! LOL

We want to thank you ALL for your open hearts and generosity.
Y'all raised $ 3816 for the Texas Lions Camp for disabled Children.!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
FB and I are going to follow Y'all's lead, and round it off to $4000...That sounds like a good round number.

Now here is what it's ALL about:
Sarah, the young girl that drew the 50/50 ticket at the Gatherin', has a hearing disability and pulmonary issues.... we are very lucky she is even with us today....Her activities are limited.
She is not able to do the things her sisters do. We have been working to get her to the Texas Lions Camp. Her parents had not told her of this, waiting on a sign off from her Doctors.... they didn't want her to be disappointed if unable to go.
When Sarah got home she was asking what all the deal was with the money.... her folks told her that it was to support the Camp, and that she was going to go this Summer.
Sarah said:"I get to go to camp?"
Then she clasped her little hands to her chest and said "I'm so glad I have this"

Thank You ALL for making a difference.
gotta stop... the gnats in my eyes have my screen all fuzzy.

That's awesome We're so happy for Sarah. Hot Glue I wish we could do more to help with thing so you could have more time to visit and kick tires !!!!! Thanks for everything it was great.

flamingobabe
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Check out the video...this is a ride we did for a friend of ours, laserpat, that lost his battle to colon cancer 3 weeks ago, thereis a group of 3 spyders the last one lifts a wheel as turning...cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YG-1_Sem4U&feature=player_embedded

glynnk
04-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Check out the video...this is a ride we did for a friend of ours, laserpat, that lost his battle to colon cancer 3 weeks ago, thereis a group of 3 spyders the last one lifts a wheel as turning...cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YG-1_Sem4U&feature=player_embedded

Great video! You and Hotglue are both wonderful people and the GOTF's party was outasight! Thanks for the work you both do for the community along with your hospitality! Look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

Glynn

Siennabob
04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
FB and Hotglue,

This is an outstanding cause, you guys are great and we all are better off for knowing you. Sally and I had a great time at the BBQ. Hotglue, you cook a mean brisket, it was awesome! Good friends, good food and a good cause; what's not to like? Thanks again!

SpyderAnn01
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Yazz
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Have gnats in my eyes too... Good food, good friends, good cause!

FB and HG, y'all are the best! Thank you for your hospitality... :bowdown:

Hope you don't mind me taking some of your gardening ideas. So many creative things going on...

It would be great if you had some your Whiskey on the auction block for the Memorial Day Weekend. Hubby had a sip of the 'Nectar of the Gods.' "Oh... so... good!" (His exact words.)

Looking forward to more fun at your next BBQ!

twain
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for a great day including the company,ride and especially the food Hot Glue. Glad to have helped this little girl.

conroe spyders
04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
AMEN TO ALL OF THIS !!! What a wonderful group to be a part of :doorag: