PDA

View Full Version : Spyderpops Heat Sheild right side

Wild Wes
04-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Installing heat shield was no problem. Pulling the radiator floor pan was a little more difficult. The two 10mm bolts in the frame were easy to get to and remove, but the imfamous third bolt a different story. The easiest way to remove it was to pull loose the two plastic rivets on the bottom of the deflector wing. The pull loose one more plastic rivet that holds down the bottom plastic trim. Then pull away the wing and trim and the bolt is easy to get to. I used a 10mm socket on the outside and a 10mm box end wrench for back-up on the inside. After that all gravy.

pwilbarger
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will be doing my install this week along with the NBV's and Bumpskid so will have the deflector off anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevorama
04-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Most folks just cut that piece off with wire snips. With the belly pan removed, there is a sensor and 3 small tubing lines that are now exposed to debris from the underside. A friend of mine cut the majority of the pan away and left just enough to cover those lines and the sensor. Then he just used the same 2 bolts to hold it back in place. He says that he doesn't notice any difference on temp gauge with that setup. I have been thinking of doing that as well. Just haven't gotten around to it.

samewok
04-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I had the plate on for a month. The temp was in the center range. I took it off to reduce the heat coming up through the seat.