PDA

View Full Version : Best insurance companys in NC for Spyders?

staysafeonline
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Looking for advice on best company to insure my forth coming Spyder?

Currently have my homeowners and auto through Travelers, they don't write insurance. My agent went to Progressive and quoted me $850 annual premium (wasn't exact since I don't have a VIN yet).

Appreciate any recommendations you fine folks can offer!

Thx,
Brian

SpyderDuck
03-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Looking for advice on best company to insure my forth coming Spyder?

Currently have my homeowners and auto through Travelers, they don't write insurance. My agent went to Progressive and quoted me $850 annual premium (wasn't exact since I don't have a VIN yet).

Appreciate any recommendations you fine folks can offer!

Thx,
Brian

WOW - they quoted me 350...

staysafeonline
03-30-2012, 09:03 PM
WOW - they quoted me 350...

She may have included every coverage under the sun up to and including "upgrading" an RS to an RT in the case of an accident. :roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
We have Farm Bureau. Had State Farm for over 40 years but they pi#$ed us off. Among other reasons, they wouldn't cover the Spyder at all. Now we get letters from them at least twice a month wanting us to come back.

rattdaddy@netzero.
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
:clap:integon...$123.00 year...no collision....:yes:

KipDM
04-02-2012, 01:47 AM
i went through Culver Insurance.
they are based in California but search to find the best rate for the state you live in.
this netted me Progressive as my insurer.
i may be recalling it correctly but i think i checked Progressive to start and was quoted a higher rate than Culver got me.
not sure if it is because of my age or the staggering cost of my aftermarket addons but i pay roughly $600/yr.

Big Iron
04-02-2012, 02:38 AM
I have State Farm for my Spyder, and I get Full Coverage for $49.00 a month here in Ohio!

wildbill6565
04-02-2012, 10:35 AM
We paid $914(full coverage) for two Spyders and a Harley with Progressive. We just paid $396.39 (full coverage) for a 2003 Honda Goldwing trike with Geico and they told us it would be cheaper when we move our other three bikes over to them. I was with Nationwide for over 30 years and we started checking around for better prices for our car and truck and we chose Geico as they were a lot cheaper than Nationwide. We had our home owner insurance and a car and a truck and Nationwide ripped us off for years! Yes we were dumb! So my advice is to check around with every insurance company before you buy.
We are about 25 miles north of Greensbore so let us know when you get your Spyder. Are you going to buy from Tringle Cycles? I did but from Rustys Danville store.
Wild Bill

staysafeonline
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
We paid $914(full coverage) for two Spyders and a Harley with Progressive. We just paid $396.39 (full coverage) for a 2003 Honda Goldwing trike with Geico and they told us it would be cheaper when we move our other three bikes over to them. I was with Nationwide for over 30 years and we started checking around for better prices for our car and truck and we chose Geico as they were a lot cheaper than Nationwide. We had our home owner insurance and a car and a truck and Nationwide ripped us off for years! Yes we were dumb! So my advice is to check around with every insurance company before you buy.
We are about 25 miles north of Greensbore so let us know when you get your Spyder. Are you going to buy from Tringle Cycles? I did but from Rustys Danville store.
Wild Bill

Bill,

Thanks for sharing your experience -- I am going to call around and research pricing as soon as I get the VIN which should be sometime this week! I'll be sure to share my findings/experience).

I am actually getting my Spyder at Spyderfest in Cuba. After talking with Len and looking at local pricing, I decided to work with him in a Spyderfest Edition RS (was going to get an RS-S, but decided to start with an RS and upgrade from there). Triangle Cycles in Durham will most likely be where I get my service done as I have heard pretty good things about them. (Nice that they are only 6 miles from the house). I am going to be shipping the Spyder back from Cuba (not enough time in my schedule to ride back) so hopefully will have it back here the first week of May! Can't wait!

Brian

Kinderhook
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't know why one reply could not get a quote from State Farm I cover my Spyder with them as it is cheaper to get multi-vehicle coverage. I checked a LOT of prices and found them to be similar for the exact same coverage. Advertising implies all kinds of things but realtiy is usually quite different!

staysafeonline
04-06-2012, 12:26 AM
What is everyone carrying in terms of coverages?

I generally lease my vehicles which mostly require the following:

100/300 (thousand) bodily injury
50 (thousnd) property damage

I have the VIN for my Spyder, now it is time to shop! Want to make sure the coverages I pick are "right" (meaning I am being smart in the coverage levels I select, but not spending too much money just to have everything).

Thx,
Brian

ulflyer
04-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I"m with Allied thru a local broker for $428.17 per year:
50K prop dam, 100K/300K libility, $250 comp deduct/1000 collision deduct.

Allied is loc in IA 800 282 1446....don't know if they insure directly or not.

WackyDan
04-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Progressive charges me $204 with full coverage here in the Charlotte area. 41 year old Male with clean driving record.

staysafeonline
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Progressive charges me $204 with full coverage here in the Charlotte area. 41 year old Male with clean driving record.

Dan, does that include collison coverage as well? I can't get it to be much less than around $350.00 and i have a clean driving record as well. Hmmmm...

BTW, Geico quoted me $1311 for 12 months. Definitely going to go with them! ;>)