PDA

View Full Version : Iphone and Sena SMH10

SPYD1
03-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Does anyone use the Iphone, Garmin 265w with the Sena SMH10s together? The real question is by doing this can you listen to your partner(intercom) and/or music and have the GPS interrupt to give directions and the Iphone interrupt all for a phone call?

ArkTerry
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I use Sena with my Iphone (but do not have gps going thru it, but I think it would) and listen to my tunes from Iphone, talk to rider or others using Senas with the intercom feature, and phone calls do come in interupt the over functions. All have worked well for me and I have found the large jog wheel on the Sena to be very easy to learn and use.

hrbeta
03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
I have a Sena and an iPhone, my wife's helmet also has a Sena installed. I am able to receive phone calls and instructions from my GPS iPhone app, and still be able to communicate with my wife. Our chat gets interrupted when a call or an instructions is coming in, then it resumes automatically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SPYD1
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a Sena and an iPhone, my wife's helmet also has a Sena installed. I am able to receive phone calls and instructions from my GPS iPhone app, and still be able to communicate with my wife. Our chat gets interrupted when a call or an instructions is coming in, then it resumes automatically.

Have you tried to listen to music as well from your iphone and still have everything work...if so...will it let you talk with your wife, and when your wife isn't talking, listen to music and then the phone rings in on you stopping all other functions?

Firefly
03-30-2012, 08:21 PM
If your gps has Bluetooth, then you should be all set.

Here are some examples:

http://www.senabluetooth.com/support/connection_guide.php?tab_menu=smh10

SPYD1
03-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Well after a long discussion with Garmin Tech. this evening the only units that will work for this is the Zumo 660, 550 ans 200. They have the Bluetooth Audio Gateway Protocol while the others are listed at only having Bluetooth. Apparently there is a difference on how it communicates the number of streams to the headset. I asked about options and they said the only one is to not worry about the phone being Bluetooth (in other words don't use it) or buying a new Garmin listed earlier. I probably shouldn't be on the phone anyways. Oh well hopefully this info helps others. BTW my neighbor has an Iphone so I tried it and when the phone is answer the conversation goes through the GPS and not Bluetooth through the Sena. I deleted the phone and everything else worked as designed.

hrbeta
03-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Have you tried to listen to music as well from your iphone and still have everything work...if so...will it let you talk with your wife, and when your wife isn't talking, listen to music and then the phone rings in on you stopping all other functions?

There are two ways to set the Sena: open-mike continuous two way com, or press to talk mode. If you use the press to talk mode, then you can listen to your music which gets interrupted when the companion radio user, presses the button to talk to you.
An incoming phone call will over ride any other function or communication.