PDA

View Full Version : Checking In After First 200 Miles

Elwood58
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks to BRP, and their Spyder Roadster RT-S, my Wife and I are back to enjoying some open air cruising again after many years. Old Age, fear, and physical limitations conspired to keep us far away from two wheelers. We have continued to enjoy our Kawasaki Jet Ski adventures though. When the Can Am Spyder first hit the showrooms, we were intrigued, but not that enthusiastic about the seating position and handlebars. Needless to say, when the RT hit the market, they had our undivided attention. Having previously experienced the joys of First Year ownership on past purchases, we decided to let the product mature a bit, which also gave us the opportunity to prepare financially for such an expensive toy.

The first 200 miles have been all about getting acclimated to the Trike. We have focused on shorter trips with varied riding conditions, and have really enjoyed things so far. Riding two up is significantly different than riding single on this machine, but every bit as fun, and the wife loves the comfort and visibility from the King and Queen style seating. BlueTooth Intercom for the helmets has been a nice addition, as well as the iPhone integration with both the helmet and in dash systems.

We are planning on getting out for some group rides in the next few weeks, and will see where the road takes us from there. Needless to say, we are delighted with our purchase, and looking forward to many enjoyable miles to come. Big thanks to all who contribute here, as it was invaluable before and after the purchase.

scooterexpress
03-30-2012, 03:26 PM
:congrats: on the new :spyder2: enjoy the open road where ever it takes you.

fastfraser
03-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Pretty tough to wipe that smile of your face. Eh. It will only get bigger. Near 45,000 miles between my RS and RTS an still smiling .:thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new :spyder2:

You have come to the right place for all things :spyder2:. The fun is just beginning.