PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Spyder Riders Group

Questions
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Not to take anything away from this forum (I love it!) but a group of us wanted to set up a website that offered more local format for Michigan Spyder Riders. We wanted a place to save photos, calendar, post videos and more. The site is smaller, free, no advertising and moderated. Once we have enough members we will consider as a group joining Spyder Riders of America. The new site is at http://riders35.ning.com/
(http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/riders35.ning.com/)

SpyderAnn01
03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Sounds like everything you want from your own site is available on spyderlovers.com. Plus your link doesn't work! Seems silly to me that you would want to post your used parts for sale to a few readers when you can post them here to thousands.

NancysToy
03-30-2012, 09:55 AM
It is not right to go on a forum to advertise your own forum, IMO. There is a Michigan section on this forum, if you wish to use it. I have nothing against your Website or anybody else's, but this is not the place to drum up business.

Questions
03-30-2012, 10:17 AM
It is not right to go on a forum to advertise your own forum, IMO. There is a Michigan section on this forum, if you wish to use it. I have nothing against your Website or anybody else's, but this is not the place to drum up business.

Sorry Nancy, we are not drumming up business, there is no advertising and no fees or membership required for the site. I pay for its upkeep myself, I am retired and do not own a business of any type. We just wanted to offer another option. I looked at using this forum for the group but the people I was talking with thought it was to busy and they wanted a a more personal setting.

If a free no profit informal group violates the policy of the Spyderlovers. Just say the word and I will delete the post at any time.

NancysToy
03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Sorry Nancy, we are not drumming up business, there is no advertising and no fees or membership required for the site. I pay for its upkeep myself, I am retired and do not own a business of any type. We just wanted to offer another option. I looked at using this forum for the group but the people I was talking with thought it was to busy and they wanted a a more personal setting.

If a free no profit informal group violates the policy of the Spyderlovers. Just say the word and I will delete the post at any time.
Your motives seem pure enough, but you will get a better reception if this is cleared by Lamont first.

Firefly
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Looks like you already found the Michigan chapter area, so why not just use it?

Otherwise maybe just do a Facebook page.

I like all my Spyder related online content o be in one area....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ARtraveler
03-31-2012, 10:58 AM
What they say! This is the best place for :spyder2: information. I don't even go to the other forums any more. And yes, there is even a special section for each state to have their own forum and for posting rides and events.

chickridin
04-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree....this is a great forum to be part of! :yes: :2thumbs: No need for any other venue!

RTaz
04-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Not to take anything away from this forum (I love it!) but a group of us wanted to set up a website that offered more local format for Michigan Spyder Riders. We wanted a place to save photos, calendar, post videos and more. The site is smaller, free, no advertising and moderated. Once we have enough members we will consider as a group joining Spyder Riders of America. The new site is at http://riders35.ning.com/
(http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/riders35.ning.com/)
I checked out the web page and thought it was a pretty good site, I think an actual website is a plus to any club. A forums is just that a great way to communicate with other members of that forum. A website can offer things that a forums can't, a personal invite for people in "THAT" community, it gives you a visual format for current and future events up front and current you don't have to search a forums format. I like a good run website that is kept current with pictures and events. I like Spyderlovers website and go to it often I visit and buy from the Spyderlovers venders when ever I need things and I also follow and enjoy the shoptalk features and appreciate all the work Lamont does for the Spyderlovers (he's a great guy) now with that said I think a Michigan run website would not take away from the Spyderlovers website I think it might actually add to it.
But this is just my opinion and I don't want to start anything believe me I have been involved in clubs for many years on both the National level and State level .
I guess I really shouldn't even put my .02 cents in since my wife Devl has the Spyder I still ride Honda's. I really don't care what folks ride, I don't care too much about your politics or religious beliefs either, I come to this forums (and several others) because I enjoy riding and meeting people that enjoy riding. I also enjoy reading of other peoples rides and seeing pictures of places they have been. I enjoy a format of seeing people having fun together without prejudices, of sharing the wind the way its intended by all people in the wind whether on two wheels or three. Life is too short to exclude things, I welcome new things.
Now if you feel the need tell me to mind my own business and move on okay....I won't but you can still tell me I won't be offended.