PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Arr MiHardies
03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Threw my back out today. Quite painful. I can barely move let alone stand up or walk.
:C

SpyderAnn01
03-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Good thing that you sit on a Spyder! No standing or walking involved. Take it easy and I hope you heal up soon.

CyncySpyder
03-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I had never had back issues before, but started having extreme pain in my left butt-cheak going all the way down my left leg & foot, couldn't hardly walk even & Percocets did nothing for the pain. After 2 weeks of waiting on Drs appointments & finally a MRI, thats when they discovered I had a ruptured disc inpinging on my Sciatic Nerve causing all the pain. Mine was the L5-S1 disc & my only permanent fix was to have a surgical Laminectomy of the disc & that was 17 days ago. Still not able to work, no BLTs (Bending, Lifting, Twisties) only thing I can do is lay on the couch, walk a little further every day & now can ryde the Spyder again for short distances :bowdown: I was going crazy with not being able to ryde every day, BEST THERAPY IN THE WORLD :yes: I start physical therapy on Wednesday & hope to be good enough to make it to SpyderFest, slated to potentially return to work May 1st:clap: I hope yours isn't this serious, but if it is, my only option was for an Epidural Spine Injection, but they said that would usually be a temporary fix, at best. If I can offer any suggestions or advice, just PM me. Teddy & I will keep you in our prayers :pray:

ARtraveler
03-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Sorry to hear about the back issue. I know exactly what you are going through.

Bob Denman
03-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Please get to feeling better soon... :2thumbs:
But use it to gather up some sympathy while you can! :roflblack:

Firefly
03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Nothing much worse than back pain.... especially Sciatic Nerve pain... OUCH....

I herniated 2 discs and had the pain down my leg for a long time... NOT FUN.

I was able to fix mine with physical therapy, traction, etc.....

Try anything before getting cut!

CyncySpyder
03-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I did go to a chiropractor before opting for surgery & it did help, some, just not enough to relieve my pain substantially. Not knowing your particulars, I'd suggest giving it a try & hopefully it gives you some relief :pray:

Firefly
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I did go to a chiropractor before opting for surgery & it did help, some, just not enough to relieve my pain substantially. Not knowing your particulars, I'd suggest giving it a try & hopefully it gives you some relief :pray:

Yeah--- I did that route too... and it does help...... the key is to catch it while it's only herniated.. not ruptured!

Not doing stupid things helps a bunch... don't lift and twist... EVER.

I love going to Chiro.... always feels great afterwards......

Arr MiHardies
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
I've been going to a chiropractor 2+ times a week for almost two years now.
I can actually move a bit today. Laying down on my bed helps a lot.

Bob Denman
03-28-2012, 03:05 PM
But riding season is here... :shocked: You want to make sure that you'll be okay for stints in the saddle...

Arr MiHardies
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
But riding season is here... :shocked: You want to make sure that you'll be okay for stints in the saddle...
Feel a good deal better today. still a bit tender at times. but I feel almost normal at the moment. The muscles in my back feel very elastic. Like when you play with a rubber band, just stretching it and letting it loose. Thats how it feels when my muscles contract and loosen today. Was able to climb on my spyder pretty easily this morning. didnt go for a ride though. Should probably put it on a battery tender. Its rare if I got more than a few days without riding. been almost a week now.

Oh.. and I know a lot of people will hate me for saying this... but this year... in Vegas... riding season never really ended if you could deal with the cold.

CyncySpyder
03-29-2012, 02:45 AM
:thumbup: Take it slow & easy & hopefully you'll be back in the saddle in no time :2thumbs: